Is it just me or is it..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beauregard

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
lkj

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Nah, I'm not freaking out. I'm too well scheduled. I just checked, and it's still 45 seconds to go before my alloted 15 minute freak out break. [SIZE=-1]:eek:[/SIZE]

I am feeling pretty good. AMCAS submitted in June, all of the secondaries I have recieved has finished. I already did one interview, and hopefully I will have an acceptance by October 15. The funny thing is, it is my first choice. So things are looking up... for now. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Im freaking out about my homeostasis exam tomorrow. other than that, life is good :cool:

I just got a 77.5% on my first biochem exam. . . by far my worst grade ever on a biology exam. That has me freaking out. But I did get a 96% on my physics II exam which prevented me from having a complete meltdown.

• I shouldn't have taken Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Physics and O-chem at the same time.
Dude I know what you mean... I'm taking Cell Biology, Animal Physiology, Human Genetics, Physics and O-Chem this semester...

I'm freaking out less about being able to keep up than I am about having almost zero free time. Unfortunately, I work well under pressure... and I get bored and feel unproductive without pressure. It's a vicious cycle. :(:(

Im freaking out about my homeostasis exam tomorrow. other than that, life is good :cool:

Homeostasis exam?

That should be nothing...as long as you're able to keep yourself in a relatively stable state of equilibrium or a tendency toward such a state between the different but interdependent elements or groups of elements.

And good luck BTW.

Homeostasis exam?

That should be nothing...as long as you're able to keep yourself in a relatively stable state of equilibrium or a tendency toward such a state between the different but interdependent elements or groups of elements.

And good luck BTW.

:laugh: its kinda ironic isnt it? im displacing my composure about learning equilibrium

I'm freaking out about freaking out :scared:

I am freaking out about the fact that October 15 is coming up....and I've already interviewed at my top choice school....and I really want to get in....and....etc. :)

Is it sad that I have had a couple of dreams about this, some where I get accepted and some where I get rejected? Sheesh....I changed my mind, don't answer that, I don't want to know if it's sad or not.

Other than that, I'm kind of freaking out about the clubs I am a leader of....in one, I can't seem to get anyone motivated, and in the other, everyone wants to get involved but they want someone to tell them exactly what to do along the way....aaaah! :D

Wow, I feel better now....back to reading about the Disease Model of Addiction!

I have no energy or time to freakout. I should be studying biochem right now.

I have a Cell Bio test tomorrow. But I'm here. yay.

well im freakin freakin out... one bad exam ugh

(i meant to write two freakin's: one freakin emphasizes another freakin= freaking^2)

Members don't see this ad :)
I should not have taken 26 credits this semester. STUPID ME!

I'm freaking out about my Organic II exam on Friday! :scared::scared::scared:

I am freaking out about the fact that October 15 is coming up....and I've already interviewed at my top choice school....and I really want to get in....and....etc. :)

Is it sad that I have had a couple of dreams about this, some where I get accepted and some where I get rejected? Sheesh....I changed my mind, don't answer that, I don't want to know if it's sad or not.

I've had dreams about it too, and I think we are dreaming about the same school... :love:

Dude I know what you mean... I'm taking Cell Biology, Animal Physiology, Human Genetics, Physics and O-Chem this semester...

I'm freaking out less about being able to keep up than I am about having almost zero free time. Unfortunately, I work well under pressure... and I get bored and feel unproductive without pressure. It's a vicious cycle. :(:(

Just think about how easy it will be for you to adjust from pre-med to med. The harder your UG experience, the less transitioning involved in med school. I think there are some folks in my class that haven't ever had it all that hard and are freaking out now.

Just think about how easy it will be for you to adjust from pre-med to med. The harder your UG experience, the less transitioning involved in med school. I think there are some folks in my class that haven't ever had it all that hard and are freaking out now.

This is what I'm banking on... as long as my overloaded self doesn't ruin my GPA in the process and thus never get INTO medical school. :laugh:

i was totally justified in freaking about about my Homeostasis exam. it was brutal.

WTF are you doing taking animal physiology???
Because I thought it would be interesting! :laugh: But also, a lot of the stuff we do learn is mammalian and human physiology, and even non-human systems are often similar and homologous to human systems. So if I ever decide to take human anatomy and phys later on it'll make it much easier.

That's a good point, I hadn't actually thought about it that way before. Thanks for the ray of hope Jwax. :thumbup:

I m freaking about getting a 70 on my math HWK and I got a 80 on my first math test. Also my first chemistry I got a 71 so I am freaking out about that. Not to mention thrusday I have a math, and chem test. Tom I have a paper due in english and have a biology lab due and having a bio lab quiz. Then monday I have a biology test. 5 chapters from the book, and 50 some pages of in class notes....

i was totally justified in freaking about about my Homeostasis exam. it was brutal.

Did you get your score back yet?

I know that alot of these prof.s try to force students out of their tolerable limits, but the fact that you were able to adapt to that and incorporate your own parameters demonstrates that your homeostatic senses are on key, and... i've taken this too far

Did you do alright on the test though?

Orgo II midterm will be very rough. It's still about 3 weeks away, but I have to start reviewing all the content of Orgo I, because we are expected to be comfortable with all those reactions and spectroscopy on the Orgo II exam.:sleep:

lets see.... I'm trying to maintain good volunteer work, fill out my applications to canadian med schools, study for midterms, write papers, and still find time for my wonderful girlfriend!

basically, what ends up being sacrificed is my sleep. fortunately I sleep 9 hours about 2-3 times a week to offset the 5-6 hour nights otherwise.

meh...

I never really got a break since last christmas... last spring I was doing thesis, teaching ochem, and taking a full load. In the summer, i volunteered, worked full time and studied for my sep 7 mcat.. and now here I am.. Yet I am still alive.

I may hate it at times, but I would not see myself anywhere else.

All of you must agree with THAT.

I am freaking out about everything in my entire life, so you definitely have company OP. Somehow I thought it was a good idea to take multiple night classes at Penn including biochem, work full time doing research, volunteer at my ambulance corps in a different state, and apply to medical school. I have had three interviews so far and have 5 more scheduled, which means missing work/classes/study time and paying to get to these interviews while i'm not being paid for most of the time that i'm missing from work because i haven't been here long enoguh to acrue that much vacation time so they are letting me take the time unpaid, but i haven't figured out how i'm going to survive, eat, and pay my rent next month. first major biochem exam was last night and of course i missed class last week for an interview and the textbook which i just bought friday cost more than i had allotted for food for the MONTH. I have absolutely zero money, zero free time, I think i went crazy a few weeks ago, and I may or may not have just fallen back in love with my ex who lives in NY (and i now live in philly). Also, I've gained weight and none of my clothes fit and i can't afford new ones and you'd think not being able to afford to eat woudl prevent weight gain but when i get stressed out i hold on to every calorie that ever goes in and working out four days a week doesn't seem to help and i've become severley bipolar because every couple of hours i go from HATING MY LIFE to LOVING it. okay, glad i got all that out. thanks for this thread.

My first year in med school was probably easier than my sophomore fall semester of undergrad. I was up to my eyeballs that semester.....21 credits (8am til 10pm on Mondays and Wednesdays were the worst) + joining a research lab + started volunteering at a hospice + running a student organization + close to two hours of commuting each day + long-distance relationship. I'm probably forgetting something in there too. Either way, the nice thing about med school is that I only have to do one thing - study a lot. And I have a beautiful wife who helps me unwind at the end of the day.

yeah, I've got a lot going on too.. a couple of tests, an interview at my top choice school, and my exit oral exam for my MS within the next few weeks. it's stressful.

but when i get stressed out i hold on to every calorie that ever goes in and working out four days a week doesn't seem to help

Maybe you should only work out for one hour or half an hour and maybe take a nap in those 3 hours because sounds like you need one.

Well...I stay on top of my studies. Gotta 96 on my first chem test...yeaa.:D

I just got a 77.5% on my first biochem exam. . . by far my worst grade ever on a biology exam. That has me freaking out. But I did get a 96% on my physics II exam which prevented me from having a complete meltdown.

i'm going to pretend i didn't just read that.

I am freaking out about everything in my entire life, so you definitely have company OP. Somehow I thought it was a good idea to take multiple night classes at Penn including biochem, work full time doing research, volunteer at my ambulance corps in a different state, and apply to medical school. I have had three interviews so far and have 5 more scheduled, which means missing work/classes/study time and paying to get to these interviews while i'm not being paid for most of the time that i'm missing from work because i haven't been here long enoguh to acrue that much vacation time so they are letting me take the time unpaid, but i haven't figured out how i'm going to survive, eat, and pay my rent next month. first major biochem exam was last night and of course i missed class last week for an interview and the textbook which i just bought friday cost more than i had allotted for food for the MONTH. I have absolutely zero money, zero free time, I think i went crazy a few weeks ago, and I may or may not have just fallen back in love with my ex who lives in NY (and i now live in philly). Also, I've gained weight and none of my clothes fit and i can't afford new ones and you'd think not being able to afford to eat woudl prevent weight gain but when i get stressed out i hold on to every calorie that ever goes in and working out four days a week doesn't seem to help and i've become severley bipolar because every couple of hours i go from HATING MY LIFE to LOVING it. okay, glad i got all that out. thanks for this thread.

i love you. i'd love to give you a big hug right now, because you sound just like me--different problems, but pretty much the same. life sucks sometimes...but then it doesn't, and it's those times that it doesn't that are worth the time that it does.