Is it to late to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jessycorner

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCAT a few months ago and did not like my score. I am retaking it this September 12. Is it to late to submit the application September 13? I mean my application is ready and all, I just want to wait after the exam to see how it goes and if applying this year is worth it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

EDIT: after seeing your other post about what your score was and considering how little time you have left to bring it up for this application cycle I'm going to agree with everyone else and say apply next year and give yourself time to really study and prepare.

Last edited:
i'd say too late, wait and strengthen your app for the next cycle.

if you havent submitted your primary yet, it will take about a month to get it verified by AMCAS. that puts you at earliest Oct 13. then you got your secondaries. lets say you turn those around in a week, which is HIGHLY ambitious unless you have them already written. so the earliest youll be complete at each school and ready for consideration for an interview invite is Oct 20.

some schools start releasing decisions Nov 15.

my suggestion would be to hold off.

Members don't see this ad :)
September is pretty late for your primary app to be submitted. Not worth it, IMO...you would do much better for your patience.

ok but wait I am a bit confused. What if I submit my application right now. It'll show the MCAT score I did not like and the fact that I am retaking it this september. Will they ignore my application because of that bad MCAT score or will they wait until they get the September's result? Or can I choose whether I want the score to show or not? Thanks!

ok but wait I am a bit confused. What if I submit my application right now. It'll show the MCAT score I did not like and the fact that I am retaking it this september. Will they ignore my application because of that bad MCAT score or will they wait until they get the September's result? Or can I choose whether I want the score to show or not? Thanks!

they'll wait for the result to review your application. That first score of yours will always show up whether you apply now or next year