Is it too early for Senioritis?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChubbyChaser

Yummmy
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Because I have lost all motivation.

Members don't see this ad.

You a 4th year medical student, or 4th year undergrad?

Either way, hell no its not too early.

I've had it since August.

Members don't see this ad :)
Because I have lost all motivation.

I always wondered why it was called senioritis and not seniorosis. What about becoming detached from your classes during your senior year has anything to do with inflammation?

But, yes, I have it. I'm focusing a lot more on what will matter during medical school (research, etc.) and worrying a lot less about my uGPA.

That would be awful if I didn't get in this round...

Junior year GPA: ~4.0
Senior year fall '08 GPA: 4.0
Senior year spring '09 GPA: 2.3

I have it too! I have no motivation and the fact that I got into my top choice doesn't help cuz now I am just like la-te-da... as long as I get a B its all good- my friends are trying to keep my grounded though lol

Basically as long as I get A's and B's (and no more than 1 C) I am fine

I've had senioritis since last summer when I hit "submit secondary application"

I've had it since August.

haha. Same. I had a test last friday, but thursday night was Senior night at the local bar.... 1 dollar shots all night (and other heavily discounted drinks)!!!!

Since freshman year

I always wondered why it was called senioritis and not seniorosis. What about becoming detached from your classes during your senior year has anything to do with inflammation?
seriously?

I actually feel more motivated as its my last semester and I'm outta there. I want to finish strong.

Just to double check--its OK if I get a C this semester, right? I'm accepted and will be graduating in may. I need to maintain about a 3.0 GPA, correct?

Pft, for me to get magna cum laude I would have to get a 4.0 this semester. Not going to happen. However, keeping cum laude will happen unless a catastrophe occurs. I'm not striving for much besides to graduate. The work is starting to pile up and all I can think is, bleh I'll do it Saturday and Sunday.

Members don't see this ad :)
The school I will probably be at says I just need to complete my course work and get my degree...soo, all I need is Ds right?

I've had it since I took the MCAT. I was in serious need of a vacation after that...and well didn't have the luxury not to work.
Pft, for me to get magna cum laude I would have to get a 4.0 this semester. Not going to happen. However, keeping cum laude will happen unless a catastrophe occurs. I'm not striving for much besides to graduate. The work is starting to pile up and all I can think is, bleh I'll do it Saturday and Sunday.
Due to last semester, I am in the same position as you. There is no room for error, but I'm starting to feel like ehh. Hopefully I can manage to get by.

only 2423 hours of school left before i graduate... and instead of studying for my biochem test tomorrow I'm looking up the best hotel deals in vegas for spring break, which is only 887 hours away...

I've had a graduation count down going for a while... I hate school and don't care AT ALL about how I do in the classes I'm taking. Ugh... :boom:

too early? geez, you're in your last semester.. id expect senioritis to settle in immediately after junior year grades, or after your final pre amcas grades were in.

haha, from 3.9+ to D's..nice.

too early? geez, you're in your last semester.. id expect senioritis to settle in immediately after junior year grades, or after your final pre amcas grades were in.

haha, from 3.9+ to D's..nice.
I think being busy with interviews last semester was what kept me on track, and the fear of getting waitlisted and needing good grades to further my cause.

This semester..blah...english, Pchem (although sometimes interesting...I really dont need to know this much about thermodynamics) haha.

I just had my last interview and I graduate in May. It REALLY feels like I'm just doing time at this point.

Great thread. I'm totally with you OP.

C = graduate.

Anything else is just icing....

I still haven't recovered from my case of senioritis in high school, and that was 7 years ago.

Man I wish I was still in school so I could, too, be capable of having senioritis. Working 9-5 and having to pay back school loans sucks wayyyyy more (but senioritis can get pretty rough, I feel you guys :))

I think I already have medical school senioritis, even though I haven't started yet. Any one else feel that way?

I've worked way hard for my GPA. It's something that I'll have for the rest of my life, though admittedly it might not be that important when your going to medical school. I know it sounds stuffy, but I really don't see why you guys are throwing in the towel. What ever happened to all of the life long learner stuff you all probably cited in your interviews/essays? My only "senioritis" is that I saved all of my fun requisites (ie a bunch of dance classes) for this last semester, but I fully intend to perform as I always have.

That being said, it's definitely a lot harder to do it!

Last edited:
i wish i could have senioritis. my grades still count :(