ashtie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Status (Visible)
I interviewed at one school in late January and didn't realize (until after interviewing at other places) that it is now definitely my top choice. Is it too late to write an LOI? The school is rolling admission so I suppose I should hear any day now. Opinions?

getcloned

Hilton Magician
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2004
lexington via ames
Status (Visible)
After going through the application process and being accepted to a school I really like, I still have not heard of anyone writing a letter of intent. Is this something that you would do in order to express to the school that they are your first choice?

I guess my question is; what is a LOI? :confused:

About the Ads

Rendar5

15+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2003
Florida
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
LoI's are probably most useful when you're already on a wait-list, I would guess. It helps schools out because they know that if they accept you, you'd defiitely go. So they look better with their matriculation:acceptance ratio.

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by getcloned
After going through the application process and being accepted to a school I really like, I still have not heard of anyone writing a letter of intent. Is this something that you would do in order to express to the school that they are your first choice?

I guess my question is; what is a LOI? :confused:

your LOI stands for a letter of intent (the other one would be for a letter of interest)

an intent letter is written to a school (commonly when you get waitlisted) to let them know that you are their first choice for the following reasons....and that if they decide to give you an acceptance that you would guarantee you will withdraw from all the other schools you have applied to and matriculate at that school.

a letter of interest on the other hand is not a binding letter and written to let the school know that you are still interested in them and would love to hear back from them.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.