Is it too soon to worry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MIB6234

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, this is my second time applying. Last cycle I didn't receive any interviews. My GPA and MCAT are average 3.62 and 30. I have a lot of research and other experiences.

This cycle, I had all of my applications in by early August at the latest.

I have only heard back from one school, where I will interview in a few weeks.

I am beginning to get that pit in my stomach about the other schools. Should I brace myself for the worst, or am I worrying too soon?

Members don't see this ad.

No interviews? Do you have a red flag on your application (failed classes, ****ty letters, etc)? You shouldn't have much of a problem getting interviews with a 3.6/30

i think you're worrying too soon. yes interviews are going on throughout the states but that doesn't mean everyone who got interviewed are automatically accepted. and vice-versa everyone who still hasn't gotten an interview doesn't mean that they are already out of the loop :) so don't stress. if anything i would suggest you to contact the school and ask them if there are any updates to your file? if you yourself have made new progress/updates then it will also be a great opportunity to let them know too :D

Members don't see this ad :)
No red flags. It was just one of those funny things. My school adviser was more surprised than i was about my outcome last year.

Thanks for grounding me. I have two interviews set up as of now for this cycle.

Although we'd all love to have a bunch of interviews lined up, just remember, all it takes it just one school that accepts you. It's still fairly early as well so don't stress out too much. Prepare for the two interviews you have and just sit tight. Good luck.