Is it weird to get the two science LOR’s both from physics professors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pup329

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m currently a 4th year Biology major thinking about potential recommenders to write red letters for med school. The two professors that I took Physics with know me pretty well, I did very well in their classes, and I’m fairly confident that they will be able to write solid letters. Is it bad to have both the science LOR’s coming from professors in the same discipline? Although I know one possible Bio professor I could ask for a rec, I don’t really know him that well and I feel kind of iffy about asking him for a rec. It’s not necessary to get a rec from a prof in your major right? Any clarity would help a lot - thanks!
 
Don't think so. Physics count as science. And once they count as science LOR, they don't care.

Just make sure you aren't applying to schools that requires a letter from a prof of your major (i.e. Albert Einstein)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.