Is Mid year worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Plus total lack of career aspirations other than "easy, relaxed and six figures."

also the lack of common sense and egocentric attitude.

Members don't see this ad.

I think your lack of desire for the residency would show through during your interview and sabotage your chances...just sayin'...

If the residency will give me a PBM position then I will be VERY INTERESTED actually. I did a PBM rotation and really like what my preceptor did.

Plus total lack of career aspirations other than "easy, relaxed and six figures."

I believe thats what we all want. LOL...I am just the only one blunt enough to say it.

also the lack of common sense and egocentric attitude.

Haters will always hate. You sound like a loser yourself.

My lack of common sense has gotten me into every college and job I have ever interview at in my entire life. So I think I'll be fine. You need to worry more about yourself. LOL

Last edited:
If the residency will give me a PBM position then I will be VERY INTERESTED actually. I did a PBM rotation and really like what my preceptor did.

I believe thats what we all want. LOL...I am just the only one blunt enough to say it.

My lack of common sense has gotten me into every college and job I have ever interview at in my entire life. So I think I'll be fine. You need to worry more about yourself. LOL

You'll be fine with your GPA. If the 2.8ers match somehow and plentifully according to the residency stat thread - you should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)

Hmmm, no. I'm pretty ambitious I think. I started my own business in the middle of residency and worked another job the entire year I was a resident. Now I'm doing my MTM business full time and expanded my other job to 1 day/week. And I still pick up staffing shifts at the independent pharmacy. I work every Saturday this month and a few days here and there. I'm working two full weeks there in October to cover a vacation. So, not everyone is looking for easy.

You'll be fine with your GPA. If the 2.8ers match somehow and plentifully according to the residency stat thread - you should be fine.

Yeah I think I'll actually apply for some managed care residencies. I might not get it, but it's worth a try. Why not?

Hmmm, no. I'm pretty ambitious I think. I started my own business in the middle of residency and worked another job the entire year I was a resident. Now I'm doing my MTM business full time and expanded my other job to 1 day/week. And I still pick up staffing shifts at the independent pharmacy. I work every Saturday this month and a few days here and there. I'm working two full weeks there in October to cover a vacation. So, not everyone is looking for easy.

Damn your life sounds tiring...I would not have any energy left for the son or husband at all if you were you. LOL.

Damn your life sounds tiring...I would not have any energy left for the son or husband at all if you were you. LOL.

I definitely have more time for them now than I did during residency. We have dinner together every night, and go somewhere fun almost every weekend. It's nice.

I definitely have more time for them now than I did during residency. We have dinner together every night, and go somewhere fun almost every weekend. It's nice.

Going out every weekend sounds like GREAT! :)

What kind of residency did you do?

So SHC I am curious, what is your ideal job now? Besides the whole rich housewife thing...you dropped out of dental to do pharmacy and now you don't want pharmacy. If you could what else would you pursue?

Going out every weekend sounds like GREAT! :)

What kind of residency did you do?

Did I say going out? LOL

I said we have dinner as a family and go somewhere fun every weekend. Last weekend it was the petting zoo.

I did a community practice/ambulatory care residency.

So SHC I am curious, what is your ideal job now? Besides the whole rich housewife thing...you dropped out of dental to do pharmacy and now you don't want pharmacy. If you could what else would you pursue?

Supermodel.

Did I say going out? LOL

I said we have dinner as a family and go somewhere fun every weekend. Last weekend it was the petting zoo.

I did a community practice/ambulatory care residency.

Go somewhere fun every weekend is the same as going out right?

I count petting zoo as going out. LOL

Supermodel.

Go somewhere fun every weekend is the same as going out right?

I count petting zoo as going out. LOL

Good one with a supermodel. :smuggrin: :luck: You are just pretty enough to do it.

Good one with a supermodel. :smuggrin: :luck: You are just pretty enough to do it.

You are too sweet. Supermodel would be any woman's dream career. :) Who wouldn't want to make millions looking pretty? LOL

Nah, YOU are the model being 5'10! I am no where near that! You are the HOT one! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
SHC, what would you say in an interview about why you want to do managed care?

I am good with numbers, I like managing and running a business, I like the business aspects of things, I am good at finding cheaper alternatives that are also just as effective, I like learning about new drugs.

Good? :D

I'll do more research if I get an interview! lol

Do I need to do a managed care residency or can I get a PBM job without doing one? that's actually a great question. You don't know the answer to it, doesn't make it a bad question.

Go apply to Express Scripts in Irvine... you get to a) be in managed care, b) move to Orange County, California and be with people just like you (good looking asians, haha), and c) it's been unmatched/open 2 years in a row.

Go apply to Express Scripts in Irvine... you get to a) be in managed care, b) move to Orange County, California and be with people just like you (good looking asians, haha), and c) it's been unmatched/open 2 years in a row.

That would be like working for Satan! :smuggrin:

And what the heck kind of standard of living would one have in OC on a resident's salary?

CT!:love:

Can you name me some manage care places that I can apply to? (I do not know of any! :laugh:) Name me some please and I'll apply to all of them as long as they are manage care.

Just ONE question...why is it unmatched and open for 2 years now? May I ask? LOL...

I'll LOVE TO MOVE TO CALLY! OMG! OMG! OMG! LOL

That would be like working for Satan! :smuggrin:

And what the heck kind of standard of living would one have in OC on a resident's salary?

Okay, what is wrong with that place?

Hey I had a pretty bomb time living in OC as a student. Granted, it was financed by credit cards, but still!

SHC1984 said:
I'll LOVE TO MOVE TO CALLY! OMG! OMG! OMG! LOL

Oh what have I done, hahaha.

Okay, what is wrong with that place?

Orange County is expensive. But I guess you lived in NYC, so it's a lot cheaper than that, haha.

Name me some please and I'll apply to all of them as long as they are manage care.

Just ONE question...why is it unmatched and open for 2 years now? May I ask? LOL...

No clue, either they're picky or not many people applied and they felt they could have done better in the scramble.

http://www.amcp.org/Tertiary.aspx?id=9073

ah crap...i just checked, Express Scripts has shut their residency program for 2013. There's more to pick from though.

Yeah New York City was expensive as hell! I paid 1000 for RENT ALONE and I had 2 roommates and we live in an ugly ass OLD apartment with mildew in the bathroom! That for 1K a month (nothing included!) and the place was UGLY. I wonder how much it would be for an "average" looking place. LOL

I'll love to live in Cally!

Thanks for the link! I'll apply to them ALL. LOL

All the deadlines are in Jan...so I can work on them during Christmas break!!! Good deal! :thumbup:

oh yeah? how so?

it can be pretty difficult to come off as a materialistic ***** on an anonymous forum but somehow you pull it off with ease.

oh yeah? how so?

it can be pretty difficult to come off as a materialistic ***** on an anonymous forum but somehow you pull it off with ease.

Most people on this forum are friends with me on Facebook so they know me. You dumb ass.

I use to attend an Ivy League school and I have gotten every single job I have ever interviewed for so that's really not a lie. I worked at many pharmacies over the summer and so forth.

You are the big idiot coming on here assuming things that you don't know. :laugh: That's how so you dumb ass. Not only are you really stupid but you also like to assume **** that you don't know. What a LOSER.

Most people on this forum are friends with me on Facebook so they know me. You dumb ass.

I use to attend an Ivy League school and I have gotten every single job I have ever interviewed for so that's really not a lie. I worked at many pharmacies over the summer and so forth.

You are the big idiot coming on here assuming things that you don't know. :laugh: That's how so you dumb ass. Not only are you really stupid but you also like to assume **** that you don't know. What a LOSER.

well thank you for the coherent answer.

Hey, enough! ;)

No seriously, keep it civil. Let's get back to talking about supermodels and the armpits of pharmacy.

The armpits of pharmacy models?

Well, when are you hot and smart like myself there will be tons of haters. So I am use to it. :laugh:

Okay folks. Feel free to tell me more about manage care residencies. I am very interested in that now. I'll apply to that in Dec for sure.

eaglezoom.gif

Can we's be friendzz on teh Facebook 2?

eaglezoom.gif

Can we's be friendzz on teh Facebook 2?

Sure. I'll send you a PM. I can't add you till I get home though...I am suppose to be working at my rotation right now...and they block everything off...only thing I can do is SDN. :laugh:

I'm a P3 and I was considering going to Midyear. Changed my mind, but I'm thinking I might take that time and take Mrs B on a trip somewhere fun.

You should take your wife somewhere NICE. ALL men should learn to think like you! :thumbup:

I don't think you'll be rich enough for her Sparda. :smuggrin:

OMG! Do I really sound that materialistic? I am really NOT! I just want a nice guy with a good heart and personality. That's all I care about is personality. :)

Yeah, I only drive a suped-up 2009 Volkswagen CC. It's a poor man's Mercedes CLS, lol.

I thought you said you drive a BMW?

I thought you said you drive a BMW?

Perhaps I will be in the next month or so. I've been playing phone tag for the last 4 hours with this HR guy who calls me when I'm dead asleep at 930AM in the morning. I was just informed that I'll definitely be getting a position at a hospital that I interviewed for on Monday, and that it will be an offer that I cannot refuse.

nflsuperbowlxlii20080203giantsvspat.gif

Perhaps I will be in the next month or so. I've been playing phone tag for the last 4 hours with this HR guy who calls me when I'm dead asleep at 930AM in the morning. I was just informed that I'll definitely be getting a position at a hospital that I interviewed for on Monday, and that it will be an offer that I cannot refuse.

WOW! congrats!!!

A clinical position without a residency is amazing! Are you also in New York City? That's really nice!

Did you have any hospital experience before then? How did you get the job? Was it mostly thru networking?

Congrats! I hope I can find a job too! :xf:

WOW! congrats!!!

A clinical position without a residency is amazing! Are you also in New York City? That's really nice!

Did you have any hospital experience before then? How did you get the job? Was it mostly thru networking?

Congrats! I hope I can find a job too! :xf:

It's not purely clinical, there is some dispensing to be done as well. The hospital is like a 15 minute walk from my house. Not really in NYC, but I live like 3 miles outside NYC on Long Island. Hospital itself is part of a major health system in NYC-Long Island, they keep on buying up hospitals.

I had 2 years of experience in a sub-acute rehab center and nursing home.

How did I get it? I had an interview at a hospital up in Westchester back in June. The director there wanted to hire me, but he couldn't wait for me to complete the NAPLEX and MPJE. He told me to apply to this hospital, where his friend is the director and sent in a good word, I got a call from HR a couple days later to set up an interview. Also during the interview, the director noticed that he knew a lot of my previous preceptors and references. So yeah, it was mostly networking.

Congrats Sparada!! Let's drive to midyr in your Volkswagen CC...yaaay!! jk LOL

licensed RPh's - if we pay the fees and attend midyear and do CE's, do those expenses count towards maintaining your professional license, as a tax deduction?

licensed RPh's - if we pay the fees and attend midyear and do CE's, do those expenses count towards maintaining your professional license, as a tax deduction?

Only if you hit >2% of your adjusted gross income. At $120k salary, you can deduct expenses over $2400.

Bah, the pay isn't as high as I thought it would be for hospital staff pharmacist, but it is a union job. Whatever, if it means an end to the job search and being able to stay in NYC, I'll ****ing take it. The hospital is literally half a mile from my house. I probably should just walk to and from there to get some damn exercise for a change.

Last edited:
Bah, the pay isn't as high as I thought it would be for hospital staff pharmacist, but it is a union job. Whatever, if it means an end to the job search and being able to stay in NYC, I'll ****ing take it. The hospital is literally half a mile from my house. I probably should just walk to and from there to get some damn exercise for a change.

And you dare complain?! :rolleyes:

Hey I was expecting at least $50/hour. It's $47, lol.

My friend graduated 2011. Target offer her about $60 an hour. A hospital offer her $37.

I would have taken the hospital job.

She took the Target job.

I hate retail. I would pick hospital. I don't care about the pay.

Hmm, now that I compare the minor details about the 2 offers I got, taking this position does make a lot of sense.

I had gotten an offer for a staff pharmacist position at a retail pharmacy in Staten Island like 35 miles away from me (90 mins in traffic) as well as a $12 bridge toll for $55/hour.

This one is $47/hour but I can pretty much walk to the hospital. Now that I think about it, I'd be saving at least $7k in transportation costs (not including car payments + insurance).

My friend graduated 2011. Target offer her about $60 an hour. A hospital offer her $37.

She took the Target job.

No way, in that case I would have picked Target also. The difference in pay is way too much.

She took the Target job.

The hourly rate is meaningless without the hours guarantee. Was she a float? I'd take the hospital job just because you get better move-up potential (jump off to residency, move into a clinical role, etc...).

Also, benefits? Fully paid free health care + pension would make sense with $37/hr. Commute, QOL, and vacation time also are important questions.

I just got pay info on a job I've heard about on and off for a long time. Mind numbing work, but they do a ton of PRN shifts and pay $68/h :thumbup: Benefits or not, sounds like a pretty sweet gig.