is participating in a summer camp considered matriculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lovehate

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted to a medical school that has a 5 day summer camp next week. Is participation in this camp considered the start of matriculation? I am asking this because I am on the waitlist at another school and I know they can't offer me an acceptance once I matriculate at any other school.
 
I was accepted to a medical school that has a 5 day summer camp next week. Is participation in this camp considered the start of matriculation? I am asking this because I am on the waitlist at another school and I know they can't offer me an acceptance once I matriculate at any other school.
Is this camp registered with the AAMC as an orientation or pre-matriculation program?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Take a careful look at the matriculation agreement and see if it us part of it
The school has an orientation day for the camp, basically cpr training.
They also have a normal orientation day a day before classes start (next month).

Does that mean anything?
They didn't send any agreements yet.
 
Is it required for all first year students?
Do you have any agenda/schedule for it?
In the end what does it matter. Either it is is or it isnt formal orientation. Are you going to this acceptance down in hopes of a WL? You have no control over the issue so CTFO
No it's not required. They said it will count as community hours but it's definitely not required.