Issue with Coursework section of AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rosalind_Franklin

Reaction score
Hello,
I have tried to call the AMCAS hotline several times, but was told to call later by the answering machine as I am sure they are all so busy, especially this time of year.

Regarding my AMCAS application and the Coursework section, I have a major issue. Whenever I try to input my AP coursework under the “Year in School” tab which would be “Freshman” year, which for me would be the summer of 2017-2018 as I was a summer freshman and that is when I began college, it does not give me the option to select it and only lets me select “High School” which is the wrong selection in this case. I physically cannot click any other option besides “High School” because the other options are greyed out. I checked and I am definitely inputting my courses under the correct college and am unsure of what else to do. Even for the non AP courses, I am unable to select the courses for my Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior years because the only option that is not greyed out and available is the “High School” selection. I have asked around and no one seems to know the answer. I also am physically unable to click “AP” under the special courses because that is also greyed out. I would appreciate any and all help so that I can get to the bottom of this!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you checked the years you put for each schools? Things were greyed out for me if it’s outside the range (ie I couldn’t selected freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior for classes I did as part of a post-bac because it fell outside of the range of years I selected for my undergrad)

Reactions: 1 user
Do you have a mentor that you could reach out to?

Reactions: 1 user
If your high school graduation date is the summer of 2017 (as in june) then the system will not let you consider summer 2017 college. What is dates for HS graduation? and what term do the AP credits appear

AMCAS responded and we figured it out, Thanks so much for your time though