It may be early, those who have been accepted to Temple are you going?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1992Corolla

CheerioKing
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's my first (not because it's one of my only... ;) ) choices. Who's going?
Let me introduce you to me.
I have red hair and a sweet mustache. Thats all you need to know. If you need help getting in then touch my stache, as it is good luck.
Ben

Members don't see this ad.

1992Corolla said:
I have red hair and a sweet mustache. Thats all you need to know. If you need help getting in then touch my stache, as it is good luck.
Ben

I'm in as well but I'm not touching that stache of yours for nothing joto. Yea Temple anyday over VCU and Case

you pansies, i'll touch it. i havent heard from temple yet though :(

Members don't see this ad :)
did they call u? or letteR? or email>

polarnut said:
you pansies, i'll touch it. i havent heard from temple yet though :(

Hey polarnut, I interviewed in October and didnt hear back from temple so I called them today. It happens to be that my file is still under review. I'm not rejected nor accepted but it happens to be that I will not know until they send out the 2nd batches of acceptances in Jan. It was my first choice too, but oh well everything happens for a reason.

1992Corolla said:
Ben

LMAO!! You guys have to see it to believe it. It's the best "child molestor" stache you'll ever see! :laugh:

Oh Ben, you take so much crap from us.

HAHAHAHA
Two people on this thread know what the stache looks like, and only one non knowing victim wants to touch it. Thanks polarnut for your support. I hope you hear something. Dave you didn't say if you wanted to touch it or not...I'll let you in ecology tomorrow if you're up to the challenge...it may help at UoP :D

:thumbup:
1992Corolla said:
HAHAHAHA
Two people on this thread know what the stache looks like, and only one non knowing victim wants to touch it. Thanks polarnut for your support. I hope you hear something. Dave you didn't say if you wanted to touch it or not...I'll let you in ecology tomorrow if you're up to the challenge...it may help at UoP :D

are you saying there is a whole new civilization evolving in your stache?

thats so fockin cool :thumbup:

Maybe bacteria...no there's not, we are in the ecology class at UVSC together. Dave is by far smarter than me, but I own him in Ecology, you know the class that counts for dental school...lol.
Let me post some pics of the stache so you can get an idea.

LOL, I underestimated Ecology that's for sure. Oh well. LOL. How long is the moustache staying on? I'm tempted to rub it tomorrow for luck. But I'm worried about what Eric will do. He's awfuly jealous of his "property".

Beestieboy said:
LOL, I underestimated Ecology that's for sure. Oh well. LOL. How long is the moustache staying on? I'm tempted to rub it tomorrow for luck. But I'm worried about what Eric will do. He's awfuly jealous of his "property".

LOL, oh my gosh I just fell out of my chair. His 'property'? Don't be ridiculous!
LOL.

mini_DSC05160.jpg

mini_DSC05156.jpg

its the product of a full month of growth.

Members don't see this ad :)
1992Corolla said:
Ben

im there like a BEAR!!! wOohOOoooo i cant WAIT!!! =D

1992Corolla said:
Ben
Hey Ben I'll touch your stache if it means i will get into temple. I can be over to you house probably within 8 mintues and 27 seconds. or maybe i should have applied there first

445 East 500 South #a13

across from the D.I.

:)

Hey I am also a Utah County applicant. Unfortunately I didn't hear from any schools today. I interviewed at Temple and Case and didn't hear from them. Does this mean there is no chance? Ohio State says they will e-mail on the 5th so I am holding out for that.
How did you hear from Temple and Case? Phone calls this morning?

Hey Cheerioking man.
Congrats on your acceptance. Do you think if I didn't hear today that I am not in? What about Case?

I would call both schools. All the guys from UVSC that applied to Case and interviewed got in today, but they called for the status. I called Temple but also got a letter in the mail today.

1992 Corolla, Cheerioking man,
Thanks for telling me that. It gives me some hope. I will call them tomorrow. So the other UVSC kids didn't hear they just called them? I have been waitlisted at UNLV and Indiana. What have you heard about the chances of getting in when waitlisted?

Temple 2010!!! WOO HOOO!!!

Tele:
Right now you are more likely under review which means they will look at your file and decide to reject/waitlist/accept. If I were you I would start being the squeeky wheel at these places. Small emails like "i am still highly interested!" would help. Send out your GPA right away after Dec finals (better be good scores :D ) remember the squeeky wheel gets the oil!
good luck!

marvinh- right on man! I will be joined by two of my classmates from UVSC here in Utah and hopefully two more (under review), where you from?

UC Irvine. Right on man!! im soo excited!!

When are you moving out? Anyone else out there going to Temple? We should get a road trip planned and cruise across the Nebraska Lands together :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If I get accepted I'm there. My wife and I have already contacted a realtor and everything. I was really hoping for that acceptance on dec 1st, but it didn't come. Oh well I hope I'll get in the second round.

themarvinh said:
Temple 2010!!! WOO HOOO!!!

Me too!!! I got my Temple Acceptance right on Dec 1st! Yayyyy!! My interview was on October 25th, did anyone who interviewed on that day get accepted too? Let me know!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Ben ('92Corolla), your stache is cute and all but i dont quite care as much as the promise that you made to hook up my car so it runs faster than an M3!! Remember??? You are now liable for my car's maitenance.....and you CAN'T plead the 5th!!! (hehe)

Jen

TEMPLE 2 :love: 1 :love: !!!!!!!!!

hey donkey, my buddies and I are looking for places in Royersford zip 19468
FYI

Get on that horn and email brian like crazy! good luck :D :D :D

JPdent said:
Me too!!! I got my Temple Acceptance right on Dec 1st! Yayyyy!! My interview was on October 25th, did anyone who interviewed on that day get accepted too? Let me know!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Ben ('92Corolla), your stache is cute and all but i dont quite care as much as the promise that you made to hook up my car so it runs faster than an M3!! Remember??? You are now liable for my car's maitenance.....and you CAN'T plead the 5th!!! (hehe)

Jen

TEMPLE 2 :love: 1 :love: !!!!!!!!!

I remember now! Hahaha! I forgot about that. I will do the maintenance if you pay for my instruments :smuggrin: :smuggrin:
j/k
it will cost ya if you want it to run like an M3, but we'll see what we can do!

Where are your locations?
donkey, Jp, etc.?

three plus you = 4 so far.

1992Corolla said:
When are you moving out? Anyone else out there going to Temple? We should get a road trip planned and cruise across the Nebraska Lands together :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
yea i dont kno when im moving out yet. i have no obligations right now, im just working to save up some money for next year. im not sure where im living either, im considering roxborough/manayunk or center city.

1992Corolla said:
hey donkey, my buddies and I are looking for places in Royersford zip 19468
FYI

Get on that horn and email brian like crazy! good luck :D :D :D

Try and email some students in my class who also have families and they can guide you into looking for places in areas that are affordable and great for raising the little ones

J-Dub said:
Any other LDS students going? Just curious...

There are SOOOOOOO many LDS students at Temple.....I'd say 20% of my class are Mormons!! Mormons love temple!

Dr.BadVibes said:
Try and email some students in my class who also have families and they can guide you into looking for places in areas that are affordable and great for raising the little ones

I tried to email one guy but haven't heard anything, broncoB on this board has a cousin who lives out in royersford who is a temple student so we are communicating with him...we'll see how things pan out.

Do we need a laptop for school??? Contemplating on whether or not to buy one.

HD

1992Corolla said:
I remember now! Hahaha! I forgot about that. I will do the maintenance if you pay for my instruments :smuggrin: :smuggrin:
j/k
it will cost ya if you want it to run like an M3, but we'll see what we can do!

Where are your locations?
donkey, Jp, etc.?

Hehehe I was just kidding about that. Anyways, I'm from VA.

I know, i was being funny myself.

HD-
I talked to broncoB's cousin who is at temple and he said some people buy laptops and download the material to study but most people just get a desktop.

1992Corolla said:
I know, i was being funny myself.

HD-
I talked to broncoB's cousin who is at temple and he said some people buy laptops and download the material to study but most people just get a desktop.

Yah I am thinkin a desktop will be much cheaper as well! I am just glad we have a choice in the matter, its not made a mandatory purchase like other schools.

HD

I already have a desktop, but it may be a good time (or excuse) to upgrade to a nicer one with DVD burner and better multimedia potential. Thats only if I have an extra die to drop after loans :eek:

My cousin who is a thrid year at Temple said that we dont need a laptop. Only a about ten guys in his class use them. Just depends if you want one because you wont be using it for lectures and stuff like that. I'm probably going to get a nice desktop. By the way corolla 1992, nice stache, how your wife still puts up with it is anyones guess.

It's my little secret whether or not I get action...

Hey guys,

Do you know when the orientation packet will be sent out? Finaid, scholarships, housing, etc we just have to find out on our own right...Temple won't be sending anything else til spring I assume? I've been emailing Brian but haven't heard from him, which I can totally understand. So just wondering if my forum-mates can help me... (How's housing there? which is the best place?......etc)

Jen

good question...I think that gets mailed out when you send in the check to hold your spot. Housing stuff was given out at interview, i think you just find a place! i am looking for houses to buy, so can't be sure on apartments. financial aid info was given out in the acceptance packet i think...i only read the congratulations paragraph and haven't looked at anything else in the packet yet...im still riding the high and dont want to worry about it right now.

bump

Is it true that you can get instate tuition if you buy property?

Also what areas should one look at in buying property etc..

me and broncoB are looking out in royersford/limerick area. Zip code 19468 *i think*
It's about 30-45 minutes northwest of philly.
we're looking at the townhomes out there.

1992Corolla said:
good question...I think that gets mailed out when you send in the check to hold your spot. Housing stuff was given out at interview, i think you just find a place! i am looking for houses to buy, so can't be sure on apartments. financial aid info was given out in the acceptance packet i think...i only read the congratulations paragraph and haven't looked at anything else in the packet yet...im still riding the high and dont want to worry about it right now.

bump

The acceptance package did have some financial aid information, but it instructed you to call the school and request the fin-aid package. I called. They don't have it ready and it won't be ready until january. And according to the RUDE lady that answered the phone, it includes a paper FAFSA and some other form for the school that you have to fill out :confused:

hockeydentist said:
Is it true that you can get instate tuition if you buy property?

Also what areas should one look at in buying property etc..

supposedly if you buy property u MAY receive in-state tution, but it isn't a guarantee. I heard you have to establish residency in PA, so you have to go through the process of obtaining a drivers license from PA, buying property, and if you are MARRIED (and buying property) it is supposedly a HUGE advantage. I don't understand WHY it is sOoOoo difficult to become a PA resident... in FL, you live here a year and apply for residency; and EVERYONE gets it! :oops:

Yeah I've heard this too. We'll see what happens.

Yea i know the finaid lady was rude. I'm just gonna go online to do the FAFSA.... Find housing on my own...etc... No worries, CUZ I'M INNN! :O) heheh

JPdent- you're from VA right? Are you close to buena vista, VA? My twin sister lives there w/ her man and child.
Also have you ever heard of Bill Strong and the V8 mr2?
Just wondering.