This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

niagra_falls

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
so im scheduled for the DAT for tommorow but im not feeling all to ready for it, can anyone please give me any tips and tricks for this exam so that i dont embarrase myself. im really not feeling good about it so any advice about the test will help.

Members don't see this ad.

If you've been studying hard, you won't need any tips or tricks - it's normal to feel nervous like this the day before the DAT. Are there any areas that you feel really weak in that would benefit from quickly re-reviewing? If not, I would take it easy and just relax the day before. Confirm your test center location and test time for tomorrow. You're likely a lot more prepared for this exam than you realize.

Reactions: 1 users
i just took a PAT practice test and i scored a 15 on bootcamp , i dont know any math,,,,for the practice tests on bootcamp im scoring in 18-19 range for all the sciences. i really did want to change my test date today but prometric isnt letting me since its too late

i just took a PAT practice test and i scored a 15 on bootcamp , i dont know any math,,,,for the practice tests on bootcamp im scoring in 18-19 range for all the sciences. i really did want to change my test date today but prometric isnt letting me since its too late

Is Prometric not letting you because you've reached the end of the 6-month eligibility period for your test registration, or are they just filled up at a specific testing center? You may want to check date availability at other nearby testing centers if it's the latter.

If you really aren't prepared, you don't have to take the DAT before you're ready - you can let the current registration lapse by not showing up for the test, and register for a new 6-month eligibility period. You'd lose out on the money from the first registration, but you wouldn't have to take the test before you're sufficiently prepared.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you are really not ready and this is not just panic before the test day.
Then don't go, and pay 430 dollars for another date this month or another month does not matter, only the money matters in this case.

If you score bad, you'll pay 430 dollars anyway for a retake
but the catch would be, you'll have to wait for 3 months!
3 months of this hell again plus you might have a bad Dat that won't delete itself unless you scored better because some schools like to look at recent scores and other schools look at them both.

The other course of action would be to cancel the date for 100 dollars now and I guess you can schedule for another 100 dollars for another date this month or the next as long as your 6 month period is not done yet.
I am not sure about the last tip though, I am pretty sure if you cancel you'd pay 100 dollars so that gotta mean you will not need to register again for test and just pay 100 dollars for another date. You need to call Prometric and discuss this ASAP because right now, it's their business hour time.

If you decide not to go, give yourself 2 weeks or so. Review your notes again, and check the answers you did wrong on destroyer and bootcamp, and , since you already done Bootcamp, my next advice would be to utilize datqvault, I am using it right now and I think it's really good, more practice is always better.

Whatever you choose, I hope you do well on the test.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
same advice as above. $440 could be big money for predents, but in the long run, if you do go ahead and take it while you are not fully prepared, cost to fix that immediate issue or to offset the damage you did will take you a lot of money and time (whether it be a retake, or having to do post-bacc or masters)

If you cannot confidently say you are at the level to comfortably achieve 19-20+ scores on each section, you might be better off not showing up the exam and cough up $440 for a new test.

It's a tough decision, but you don't want to end up with a score sheet with a bunch of 16's and 17's.

Reactions: 1 users
Best of luck with your decision! It is tough, but you have to make the best choice for you. If you know you're not ready, if it is more than nerves, then you have to make that tough decision to lose out on the money.