Jailed pharmacist follow up.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just meant how certain folks think that gay people shouldn't have kids because they somehow beget...gay kids? Which is funny because all of the gay people I know have straight parents :idea:

I know what you meant; it was funny. I was just being silly but yeah, it's really interesting. No other gays in my family (that I know of). Also, some of the gay parents I know have, gasp, straight children. But that's an entirely different topic ;)

Members don't see this ad.

This is just a sad situation. We all can judge this pharmacist's action but I think you don't really know what you would do until you are in his shoes.

Sad that someone doing our society a service is going to be jailed for doing so.

In my book, the moment one goes to commit a violent crime, one loses any rights s/he may have.

Members don't see this ad :)
I see what you did there :laugh:

Oh yes, and didn't you know? Gay and evil are genetically linked. Surely all the gays want to take over the world :rolleyes:

Enter Case Study #105: Stewie Griffin

how about community service instead. seriously, i seen other cases where murderers get less time as well as rapists. what a joke!
Can't give him community service as a punishment when community service was his crime.

Incredibly sad that this poor guy's life and career are ended by some punks with nothing better to do than try and knock over a pharmacy. I also find the law outrageous in that if I made a plot right now to travel to OK to kill somebody, travel all the way there, and act on it, it would be the same charge as this guy. 30 seconds = premeditated murder? :thumbdown:

You really think this guy should get off. Let's review the facts of the case:

1) Robber Comes in
2) Pharmacist shoots robber
3) Pharmacist steps over robbers body to chase accomplice out of store and take a shots at the accomplice.
4) Pharmacist returns to store & steps over the robber's body again and returns to pharmacy.
5) Pharmacist opens drawer and gets a 357.
6) Pharmacist walks over the unconscious robber he has stepped over twice and while standing over his body he shoots him 5 times at close range with a 357.

It is clear from the video posted and from the evidence presented that victim was unarmed and was no threat to the pharmacist when got the 357 and shot him 5 times at close range. That is murder, by any definition.

And by the way, just so you know, I have had a gun pointed at me twice. I know exactly how I reacted. I would love to have done what that guy did, but it's murder.

Once he clipped him the first time he was no longer a threat. You know he was no longer a threat because he stepped over the body twice. Once the threat is removed you are no longer able to use lethal force. If you don't know when it's appropriate to use lethal force you should not own a firearm.

He got what he deserved because he committed a crime and the crime was murder.

Sad that someone doing our society a service is going to be jailed for doing so.

In my book, the moment one goes to commit a violent crime, one loses any rights s/he may have.

So you don't have to commit the crime, you just have to think about it. Are you going to start shooting people because you can read their minds.

Citizens of the United States have rights until they are CONVICTED of a crime. Just the accusation of a crime should not cause a loss of rights or the cops could shoot anybody for anything.....

So you don't have to commit the crime, you just have to think about it.

Planning to commit a crime starts from thinking about it. And actual planning to commit a crime in itself is a crime. Like planning to assassinate a public figure or blow up a building regardless it's carried out or not.

Are you going to start shooting people because you can read their minds.

You're really stretching today as Industry isn't referring to just mind reading rather actual crime being initiated when those robbers entered the pharmacy with an intent to rob with a deadly weapon.

Citizens of the United States have rights until they are CONVICTED of a crime. Just the accusation of a crime should not cause a loss of rights or the cops could shoot anybody for anything.....

Not really. A suspect in a crime without a conviction still can be detained. I would hardly think that's considered having "rights" as a citizen, rather "right" to be detained.

Happy Memorial Day.

Last edited:
Planning to commit a crime starts from thinking about it. And actual planning to commit a crime in itself is a crime. Like planning to assassinate a public figure or blow up a building regardless it's carried out or not.

Thinking about doing something and doing it are two separate things. Unless you tell someone about it and then unless you threaten an elected official or threaten to blow up a building, nothing is going to happen to you. You may have a conversation with the police, but you are not going to jail

You're really stretching today as Industry isn't referring to just mind reading rather actual crime being initiated when those robbers entered the pharmacy with an intent to rob with a deadly weapon.

Certainly I am, to make a point.

Not really. A suspect in a crime without a conviction still can be detained. I would hardly think that's considered having "rights" as a citizen, rather "right" to be detained.

Bo they have rights, the right to remain silent, the right to have an attorney and in most cases the right to post bail.

Happy Memorial Day.

Right back at you dude...

@Sparda

I am definitely with you an putting an end to frivolous lawsuits but we cannot have a system where professionals have absolutely no accountability. There should not be punitive measures in place such as what happened to this man. He was trying to help, this is true.

If you want to crackdown on medical malpractice lawsuits, have doctors and patients agree to contracts before major procedures, etc. A predetermined settlement beforehand in the case of an accident. Or if there are lawsuits, noneconomic damages should not be used in determining the settlements. Keep the lawyers out of it. When the lawyers get involved, the suits are becoming more and more frivolous. The lawyers are the ones walking away laughing all the way to the bank. The patients still suffer.

@Sparda

I am definitely with you an putting an end to frivolous lawsuits but we cannot have a system where professionals have absolutely no accountability. There should not be punitive measures in place such as what happened to this man. He was trying to help, this is true.

If you want to crackdown on medical malpractice lawsuits, have doctors and patients agree to contracts before major procedures, etc. A predetermined settlement beforehand in the case of an accident. Or if there are lawsuits, noneconomic damages should not be used in determining the settlements. Keep the lawyers out of it. When the lawyers get involved, the suits are becoming more and more frivolous. The lawyers are the ones walking away laughing all the way to the bank. The patients still suffer.

Nice photo, Printy!

Wait, in regards to the original thread, with the official statements released.

Did this pharmacist have multiple past errors while on the job? Or was it only the technician incident?