January 2017 NPTE Study Advice Needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.K.DPT.

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow PTs and PTAs, I am currently looking into purchasing the "Final PT Exam" video lectures and was wondering if any of you have purchased these in the past and found them to be successful? Any and all advice at this point would be helpful. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I used it and I think it helped me, hard to say how much. I am foreign trained PT and I passed NPTE 2 weeks ago and it was my first try. Study guide and presentations are really good. Honestly I only watched videos made by Will Crane, smart guy. His test is cool too, IMO very similar to real thing. I did not watch other videos but I went over every presentation they had.

I used it and I think it helped me, hard to say how much. I am foreign trained PT and I passed NPTE 2 weeks ago and it was my first try. Study guide and presentations are really good. Honestly I only watched videos made by Will Crane, smart guy. His test is cool too, IMO very similar to real thing. I did not watch other videos but I went over every presentation they had.
Hi, I am foreign trained PT too. The only problem is that I graduate 2010 and now I have to repeat everything (on English, which is very hard for me). I am planing to take the NPTE in January. I am using O'Sullivan and Scorebuilders. You said that you watched the videos made by Will Crane, but did you took some notes while watching? And do you have some others tips how to study for the exam? I will appreciate if you answer to this questions. Thanks

Hey,

I am Australian DPT student and i was just wondering what else you used to prep for the NPTE? or was it just this video lecture series? Any tips as a foreign trained PT on the way to approach the test? also just tips and info in general in applying for credential review, the test, visas and finding a job etc. Any info you have would be great!