Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BOBODR

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the people who got a "no" from Jefferson. I was wondering though if you could still access their supposed status page? And if so does it say anything different? When I called them a few weeks ago they said the page will change when our app status does. JW.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on the "special high priority wait list" and my status on the page hasn't changed as far as I can tell?
Sasha

Am I missing something? All the jefferson status page says (as far as I can tell) is that my application is complete, nothing about its status. Will it change later? I'm just logging into the page where I filled out my secondary, is there another status check page?

Members don't see this ad :)
the1111gal said:
I'm on the "special high priority wait list" and my status on the page hasn't changed as far as I can tell?
Sasha

How are you on their waitlist (even a "special high priority" one)? Your stats are awesome! Is the school completely full already? I thought Jefferson was one of the easier schools to get into. Guess not. :( Also, I thought the stauts page just told you that you were complete, and nothing else? :confused:

BOBODR said:
Sorry for the people who got a "no" from Jefferson. I was wondering though if you could still access their supposed status page? And if so does it say anything different? When I called them a few weeks ago they said the page will change when our app status does. JW.

I was rejected by "Clara"
Yes, i can still access my secondary.
No, it han't changed since I turned in my secondary in July.

The Jeff status page changes if you are offered an interview and after you attend your interview. No decision info is listed on that page.

As far as easy to get into - 6% (n=461) of ~7500 applicants were accepted by Jefferson (ave MCAT 32, ave ugGPA 3.6) according to the latest US news data. Not sure I would consider that easy.

Mistress, did Clara ever reply to your email? I sent her one on Thursday but she never replied but I guess it has only been a few days.... It seemed like a lot of people on that one thread said they emailed her and were still waiting. No one ever updated on whether or not they heard back

Mistress S said:
Am I missing something? All the jefferson status page says (as far as I can tell) is that my application is complete, nothing about its status. Will it change later? I'm just logging into the page where I filled out my secondary, is there another status check page?

vcatz said:
The Jeff status page changes if you are offered an interview and after you attend your interview. No decision info is listed on that page.

As far as easy to get into - 6% (n=461) of ~7500 applicants were accepted by Jefferson (ave MCAT 32, ave ugGPA 3.6) according to the latest US news data. Not sure I would consider that easy.

Thanks for the information. I guess that Jefferson has gotten harder to get into recently. I has just heard that it was one of the easier schools to get into. Probably still is if you're a PA resident.

BOBODR,
No reply yet, still waiting...I e-mailed her almost a week ago. One person said she took 2 weeks to get back to them but then was offered an invite, while another person got a response the next day that they wouldn't be offered an interview, so who knows? I'm trying to wait patiently, but it's difficult since it's getting so late in the game now. I've only had 2 interview invites and am still waiting to hear from 9 schools, including Jeff; I'm starting to worry that it's just 9 rejections that I have to look forward to. :scared: Let's hope not!

Mistress S said:
BOBODR,
No reply yet, still waiting...I e-mailed her almost a week ago. One person said she took 2 weeks to get back to them but then was offered an invite, while another person got a response the next day that they wouldn't be offered an interview, so who knows? I'm trying to wait patiently, but it's difficult since it's getting so late in the game now. I've only had 2 interview invites and am still waiting to hear from 9 schools, including Jeff; I'm starting to worry that it's just 9 rejections that I have to look forward to. :scared: Let's hope not!

don't know if this helps but I was placed on the high priority waitlist in the middle of December. I e-mailed her last Sunday, expressing my interest to remain on the waitlist and asking her if there was anything in my application i could improve on. She called me that Tuesday and offered me a spot in the class :) overalll though, ive heard she's pretty good at answering e-mails.

tacrum43 said:
Thanks for the information. I guess that Jefferson has gotten harder to get into recently. I has just heard that it was one of the easier schools to get into. Probably still is if you're a PA resident.

Nope. Easier to get in if you're a DE resident.

I was disappointed to hear I was on the wait list because I really liked it...But I'm not sure that I will be able to "afford" to go there...or anywhere that isn't in-state...Perhaps, perhaps...
Sasha

right on...its a money school, only favors DE kids....

a lot of 'good' residencies in philly get jefferson and penn kids, they're def the primeir programs in philly..
jeff being a lil' more clinical based and penn a lot more research based...