Job opening for pediatric anesthesiologist in Tacoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, that pay seems a little low for a sub specialist.
That's government contracting for you. They pay the same for a CT anesthesiologist where I am now, and have an ad for a Pain anesthesiologist that (surprise) has yet to be filled. Upside is that you really don't work too hard (at ours, can't speak for Madigan, but I think it's similar), and you get all of those federal holidays off. However, you do get death by PowerPoint, just like your AD colleagues.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That pay is terrible. I'm a general anesthesiologist and make twice that. Which fool is going to take a job like this? Some unsuspecting new grad I suppose......
 
That pay is terrible. I'm a general anesthesiologist and make twice that. Which fool is going to take a job like this? Some unsuspecting new grad I suppose......

I feel like as much as trainees and new grads complain (justifiably sometimes) about the old gaurd, the willingness of new grads to take these $hit jobs is also driving the decent of our specialty.
 
I feel like as much as trainees and new grads complain (justifiably sometimes) about the old gaurd, the willingness of new grads to take these $hit jobs is also driving the decent of our specialty.

Yeah, because that's what new grads do....they seek out the lowest paying job and jump right on it. You really figured out the problem there. 🙄
 
Status
Not open for further replies.