Jobs in San Diego area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eder

Reaction score
Hey, everyone,

Looking for EM doc full time jobs in San Diego area. Spoke with Team Health who are saying the market is very tight here and they aren't currently looking to hire, not surprisingly. Just curious, does anyone know what the salaries are like here? I don't have any connections I could ask. Not sure if I should move on and look elsewhere.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Hey, everyone,

Looking for EM doc full time jobs in San Diego area. Spoke with Team Health who are saying the market is very tight here and they aren't currently looking to hire, not surprisingly. Just curious, does anyone know what the salaries are like here? I don't have any connections I could ask. Not sure if I should move on and look elsewhere.

Salaries vary widely. Good jobs can be hard to come by. Many young physicians will work part time at multiple places. Still a lot of single contract holders but I suspect that will change before too long.

Members don't see this ad :)
OP, any luck finding a job in San Diego? For those who have succeeded, any tips? Is it a matter of just waiting for an opportunity to open up or really needing to work connections?

OP, any luck finding a job in San Diego? For those who have succeeded, any tips? Is it a matter of just waiting for an opportunity to open up or really needing to work connections?

Both connections and waiting. Job market is tight everywhere. Can't fill spots that aren't vacant.

For competitive markets like this, what’s the best way of getting in contact with groups/hospitals/recruiters and when is too early to do so? I’ll be finishing residency in 2021 and am looking to head back west...Boise, Spokane, Idaho Falls, Missoula areas...