JOHNS HOPKINS HSI 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yongyong

Reaction score
Hi, applied to the JHU HSI for 2019-2020 class. Anyone else? Anyone out there who is currently in the prog?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone in this cycle have any updates?

I applied and got my acceptance a few months ago. I believe that they're still in the process of filling out the incoming class, but have already collected a small group of people since I just received an email about forming a class group.

Reactions: 1 user
Would anyone mind sharing stats? Feeling unsure about this one.

I applied and got my acceptance a few months ago. I believe that they're still in the process of filling out the incoming class, but have already collected a small group of people since I just received an email about forming a class group.
i just signed up to commit to this year's class! where can i find info about a class group? do you mean the website, or facebook?

i just signed up to commit to this year's class! where can i find info about a class group? do you mean the website, or facebook?

Congrats on the enrollment! You should have received an email from Dr. Tan about the HSI 2019 website. There are posts there about housing, signing up for classes, etc. Try contacting them for access. No updates on a facebook page yet.

I just committed to go here, and I was wondering if there is anyone on here who is currently enrolled. I'd like to know what time the classes for this program are usually at and how much time current students are able to commit to volunteering and/or researching. Is going into DC or the NIH area for research a thing people typically do while in the program?

I just committed to go here, and I was wondering if there is anyone on here who is currently enrolled. I'd like to know what time the classes for this program are usually at and how much time current students are able to commit to volunteering and/or researching. Is going into DC or the NIH area for research a thing people typically do while in the program?
So I currently work at Q Squared Lab Solutions in Southern California and we just had a guest speaker from the NIH, specifically from the vaccine department talking about the mAb-114 therapeutic drug. I introduced myself to him and told him that I was accepted into JHU HSI and he said that A LOT of students work for the NIH. Classes are from 6-10pm on weeknights I believe (that's what the HSI universe website says).

Can any alums shed more light on their MD school acceptance rates? Do they recommend you apply after the program is done or while the program is going on (the June before the program starts)? And is there any advantage to applying to JHU SOM while in the program?

Can any alums shed more light on their MD school acceptance rates? Do they recommend you apply after the program is done or while the program is going on (the June before the program starts)? And is there any advantage to applying to JHU SOM while in the program?

I would recommend applying after the program is done because a large focus of the advising portion of the program is learning how to enhance your application. (But also, if you feel like you're ready and want to apply during the year the program doesn't have too much of a workload). A few schools also visit throughout the year and you get a chance to talk to them. We don't actually know the exact acceptance rates because they don't disclose a full list of how many students get in where. On the website, it says that ~98% of students get in either in the first or second cycle. Keep in mind that this includes MD, DO, and Caribbean schools. The students I know from last year got into MD schools though.

Oh and I don't think any students have gotten into JHUSOM. There aren't any linkages with the medical school.

Reactions: 1 user
If I were to apply to medical school while starting the program, does anyone know if medical schools hold my application till I received my first semester grades? I know some medical schools do that for some masters programs (due to the masters reputation) and I was wondering if it's applicable to this program as well?

Hey, was wondering if anyone gone thru this program and how good is it?