Junk Food in Med School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1.It's called sarcasm.

2. So then that word was correct according to you- no sarcasm then.

Very clever, but I didn't say non-organic foods had specific health benefits either.

Members don't see this ad.

By "Organic," do you mean carbon based?

whitedecision.jpg

Sources: http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/01/19/6-organic-food/

Help! I know that drinking bottled water is a big no-no, for environmental and health reasons! Think of all that BPA and the huge plastic island in the Pacific, right?

Ok, but then I read this:

Today's New York Times said:
Tap Water Might Be Legal, but Unhealthy

The federal law regulating tap water is so out of date that the water Americans drink can pose serious health risks.

Am I safest if I stick with vodka?

Members don't see this ad :)
you can basically eat whatever you want if you exercise 1 hour a day. i eat fast food everyday

Help! I know that drinking bottled water is a big no-no, for environmental and health reasons! Think of all that BPA and the huge plastic island in the Pacific, right?

Ok, but then I read this:

Am I safest if I stick with vodka?

Yes. Drink only glass bottle vodka (no Potters) and just like water, you need 8 glasses a day to be healthy.

Very clever, but I didn't say non-organic foods had specific health benefits either.
There is evidence that pesticides, hormones, and antibiotics are unhealthy. There are some scientific papers right in this thread. EWG has also done studies measuring levels of pesticides in the human body. Having "only" a few percent of LD of a given pesticide in your body is not exactly healthy.

To make it easier: take a week's worth of food, all organic. Let's say you have already eatten it. At the same time, take the pesticides those foods would contain if they were not organic and put them in a glass. Now tell me if drinking a weekly glass of pesticides in addition to your food is congruent to not drinking them..............

There is evidence that pesticides, hormones, and antibiotics are unhealthy. There are some scientific papers right in this thread. EWG has also done studies measuring levels of pesticides in the human body. Having "only" a few percent of LD of a given pesticide in your body is not exactly healthy.

To make it easier: take a week's worth of food, all organic. Let's say you have already eatten it. At the same time, take the pesticides those foods would contain if they were not organic and put them in a glass. Now tell me if drinking a weekly glass of pesticides in addition to your food is congruent to not drinking them..............

AFAIK, there are no studies showing measurable, clinical benefits of eating organic food. If you know of any, please post them.

As for your bolded point, you may want to think about that a bit more carefully. I am sure that your organic diet provides you with >1% LD of many substances every day.