Just Called NOVA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NUgirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just called NOVA to find out if my application was complete because PCOM notified me (after I inquired) that they have not gotten my DO letter, which I sent to them exactly a week ago. Since it's required at NOVA I decided to call and see if they received it. The lady said that they have not even started to look at applications yet and are not giving out status checks right now! She said I can wait for the second postcard (but I'll never get it if my letter never comes in) or I can call back in a couple of weeks. But I want to make sure they received the letter now so I can have it resent if it didn't reach them! Ughh, this is frustrating. +pissed+ The lady was nice about it, but I'm still a little annoyed, especially since NOVA happens to be one of my top choices.

Members don't see this ad.

Last year, they offered me an interview invite even w/out the DO letter. My LOR writer took her sweet time, so they just told me to bring my LOR w/ me on the interview. So, basically, if they want to interview you badly enough they'll send you an invite even if your DO letter hasn't arrived. Plus, it's still very early in the game, so just chillax. ;) (I know...easier said than done...) Just call them back in a few weeks...if you can ask to speak to Mary. She's very sweet. :)

Thanks appledumpling (cute screenname, by the way!). You made me feel a lot better especially since you got the interview w/o the letter of rec. :) I'll just wait it out for a couple of weeks, and then I'll start bothering them. ;) I was just surprised when she said there are no status checks, since every other school is more than willing to allow them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Being a NOVA M-1, I can say for certain that the administration is still working on this upcomming year. Our white coat ceremony is this saturday, and between that, and the 5 other programs they have going on, they are probably very backed up. I wouldn't worry. They may be slow in the records office, but they will get the job done.

I also spoke with NOVA yesterday. The person I spoke to was very surprised that I didn't receive a post card, since I sent my secondary in over a month ago (AHHH!!!), and like they told you....no status checks for 2 weeks. Has anyone received a post card after they sent in their secondary? Hope they didn't lose mine!! Thanks everyone

for those interested, i did receive a postcard (saying my application was complete) from NOVA shortly (like 7-10 days) after they received my secondary application. i'm assuming you should all receive one as well then. they sent the ones i addressed and put postage on, so assuming you did all that correctly, you should expect a postcard soon. best wishes. :p

Thanks for the info!!!! I plan on applying to NOVA, too.

How long did it take you to get a secondary application after submitting your AOCMAS app.?

Did they say when they would start sending out interview notices?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!!!

Hey Spanky,

AACOMAS transmitted my application June 28th and NOVA was actually the first school to send me a secondary. I got it July 5th. They're very quick in sending secondaries!!

NOVA did not say when they will start interviews. Last year, I believe they started the last week of sept. Right now they're really busy with the first years so they're not processing secondaries yet.

Good luck to you too! :)

I actually got my secondary from the Associate Director of Admissios. The way that worked out was that I went on vacation with my folks the last week of July to Orlando. I figured that since I was in Florida and NOVA was one of my top choices that I might as well visit the school. I made an appointment and saw the school. While I was there Fran told me I should talk to the ADA and got me into the meeting with her. We talked for about 15 min and she told me that she wants to see me and my fiancee back there for an interview and gave me a secondary app. She said that they would'nt even start looking at people for interviews untill Aug 12, maby they are running a little late or something.

OOPS! I didn't send in my post cards with the secondary....When I called they said interviews wouldn't start until the end of September.