just curious...how old are you

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phar2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am 27 years old and am feeling old. I am applying to pharmacy school. Just wondering how old are you guys applying to pharmacy school?:(

Members don't see this ad.

22, accepted student. At 27, you are not young but not old. I have friends who got in pharacy at the age of 27.

Members don't see this ad :)
turned 21 a few months ago...applying for Fall 2009

accepted at 31, will start at 32.

You're at a good age.

33 year old freshman doing pre-reqs

A close friend was accepted into pharmacy school at the tender age of 42 :laugh: so you are definitely not old..

I am 27 years old and am feeling old. I am applying to pharmacy school. Just wondering how old are you guys applying to pharmacy school?:(

27 is middle age, not old. I can see why you feel old since a lot of people go 6 years and graduate at 22. But 27 is not old. I am 24 hoping to get into pharmacy school Fall 2009. I will be 27 when I graduate (if I am accepted this year to my 3 year program! haha..) ...thats not 22, but thats not old either...:rolleyes:

I'm 44, you pups, and going to start at Pacific in August. What can I say? I'm a late bloomer.

28 next week, and I'm feeling the same way. I'm not used to feeling like the old guy, but I guess it's about time I start getting used to it. :rolleyes:

:eek: I feel like the "baby" now. I'm only 19!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm 44, you pups, and going to start at Pacific in August. What can I say? I'm a late bloomer.

Yayy for old people! I'm 40 year-old P1. And truthfully, it really sucks.

27 is middle age, not old. I can see why you feel old since a lot of people go 6 years and graduate at 22. But 27 is not old. I am 24 hoping to get into pharmacy school Fall 2009. I will be 27 when I graduate (if I am accepted this year to my 3 year program! haha..) ...thats not 22, but thats not old either...:rolleyes:

Haha what??? 27 is middle age??? You're silly.

I'm 24, 25 if I get in for fall 2009.

40 is middle age, not 27!

That's the time in your life when you're supposed to buy that bright yellow convertible and drive down the freeway with the top down, your comb-over blowing in wind and all. :cool:

good lord.... 27 is NOT middle age. 40-45 is middle age.

anyway.... im 24 as well. i guess if i get into pharm school now, i'll be sitting right at the average!

accepted at 21, would graduate at the age of 24

25, 26 when I start:oops:

Accepted at 21, start the program at 22, and finish at 26, not 24 like you said.

What the hell am I talking about? Guess it was too early in the morning.
Anyhow, I'm 21 right now, and I just finished my first semester, though I will still graduate at 24 since my birthday is late in the year.

What the hell am I talking about? Guess it was too early in the morning.
Anyhow, I'm 21 right now, and I just finished my first semester, though I will still graduate at 24 since my birthday is late in the year.

I will graduate when I am 26. Still we are young:D

I am currently 29, will be 30 very soon, so if I get in this year, 30 when I start, 34 when I graduate

Just turned 24..I'll be 28 when I'm done..boooo I wish I had known what I wanted to do when I was 18 :(

Just turned 24..I'll be 28 when I'm done..boooo I wish I had known what I wanted to do when I was 18 :(

NEVER EVER regret knowing what you want to do now...and what you wished you would have done at age 18, because not another day passes for regretting to choose Pharmacy from the start of college. If I relived my life, I would go through the same experiment or journey to arrive to where I am now...It was perfect! So, I'm glad I never joined any 0-6 pharmacy schools, or applied to pharmacy school in my 2nd year of college (after finishing pre-reqs)....because before pharmacy, I wanted to become a physician and dentist - not at the same time lol. however, i investigated all options....and I lost a 1-2 years because I did that. No regrets at all though...

NEVER EVER regret knowing what you want to do now...and what you wished you would have done at age 18, because not another day passes for regretting to choose Pharmacy from the start of college. If I relived my life, I would go through the same experiment or journey to arrive to where I am now...It was perfect! So, I'm glad I never joined any 0-6 pharmacy schools, or applied to pharmacy school in my 2nd year of college (after finishing pre-reqs)....because before pharmacy, I wanted to become a physician and dentist - not at the same time lol. however, i investigated all options....and I lost a 1-2 years because I did that. No regrets at all though...

I fully agree, I am 28 and will be 29 when I start my pharmacy program. I took many journeys through school, graduating with a B.S. in biology minor in chem. and then with a MPH with an emphasis in Toxicology, the whole time planning on doing anything but pharmacy. After all of my experience (not saying I have a lot of experience just saying my personal experiences) I know that I am ready for a pharmacy program. I feel that if I would have tried earlier in my life, I would not have been ready at all for pharmacy school.
Life is a journey that will lead you in the right direction, if you take away decisions you made in the past you would not be the same person you are today. Even the bad decisions have a purpose of steering you to your goals. You just have to learn about tomorrow through yesterday's decisions and mistakes.

I'm 24, will probably be 25 when I start applying.

27, will be 28 when I start and just shy of 32 when I graduate. Worth every second! I'm not old, I'm just older than some of my classmates.

I'm 39, I don't usually feel old till I get on this board or go to interview!! Oh well, I am still excited about going to pharmacy school next year (accepted to 2 schools). It took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to do and get the courage and motivation to do it.

19 p1... my thought is it doesnt matter when u start because the only people that really matter are those who finish

Last edited:
I'm 37 and just beginning my pre-pharmacy classes. If all goes as planned, I'll finish Pharm School when I'm 43. I graduated in '93 with my B.S. in Marketing and have run my own business for the past 7 years while simultaneously mothering my 3 boys. Now that they are all in school, I'm really ready for something more, career-wise. Looking forward to a new path toward the rest of my life. If I only knew back then what I know now!:rolleyes:

:eek: I feel like the "baby" now. I'm only 19!!

I'm 23 and have a Bachelor's, have worked in a hospital for three years, and I STILL feel like a "baby". It still amazes me when I tell a doctor twice my age what to do and they say "okay!" and do it!

I'm 23, but doing my Masters first, so I won't be applying until I am 26 or so

I just got accepted at 21, so I will be 22 when I start. And even still I feel OLD because I got my BS and all my relatives tell me pharmacy is "supposed to" take you only 6 years.

I just got accepted at 21, so I will be 22 when I start. And even still I feel OLD because I got my BS and all my relatives tell me pharmacy is "supposed to" take you only 6 years.

omg!! I get the same thing! I got a Bachelors, and am getting a Master's this year, I'm 24, and I hear that all the time! "Why is it taking you so long?" lol so annoying

I'm 22, hopefully 23 when I start pharmacy school in fall 2009.

I'm 22 finally lol and will be 23 by d end of my first semester in pharmacy school. Really isn't a bad age for pharm school is it?

26 and damn proud of it, I know i got into UNC because I "played up" my age as an asset. I would rather be 26 then 18 or 22 anyday, no offense.

I'm 24... Will enter pharm school in Fall 09 at age 25 if I get accepted this year. I feel neither old nor young... Just feel very focused. :)