Just curious to know..success stories?

Started by mizzoudude
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

M

mizzoudude

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Perhaps I haven't read all the forums completely, but are there SDNers with bad undergrad GPAs and MCAT scores who have done either formal or informal post baccs (I am going to be at the Tulane one year masters program) and gotten into allopathic schools?

Is there a match list for post baccs...to med schools that is?
Thanks for the info guys...this site rocks...I will definately post once I get my program started.
 
Singing Devil, liverotcod, and lightnk102 are 3 of the success stories I know of that fit into the low GPA category.
 
Well....singingdevil and liverotcod have bad gpas but astronomical MCAT scores, along with years of post-bacc and even SMP coursework. So it absolutely can be done but you have little to no margin for error and you have a long road ahead of you. But keep the faith, many have done it and I'm going to try to be the next to buck the trend and get in!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So even if I go to Tulane and offset my undergrad GPA of 3.1 with an awesome GPA of 4.0 at Tulane, I will still need to completely destroy the MCAT to have a good chance (I have a 27 right now).

Appreciate the help guys and I am looking forward to the graduate program that I will kick ass at. I will tell everyone about it once I get started too.