Just for fun: Purrs and Growls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rileydog

LSU SVM Class of 2014 :)
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that this app cycle is wrapping up, I thought we could recognize the best and the worst parts of applying to vet school.

Purrs :)

• Support of SDNers
  • UF students offering lodging for interviews (yes, my mom, dog, bunny and I would like to sleep on your sofa)
  • LSU putting on an amazing Open House on OOS interview day. (and the welcome reception the night before)
  • Friendliness of current students towards prospective students on SDN and at the schools
Growls :(

• Oklahoma for overlooking the nicest, most helpful person on SDN
  • Tuskegee for sending out a group email to the “class of 2014” to all interviewees (followed by a hasty “just because you got the email, does not mean you have been admitted)
  • The particularly harsh Tennessee rejection (I did not apply there, so I did not get one - no sour grapes)
  • The policy of paying to reserve a spot before April 15th, on top of excessive application and supplemental fees because they overbook the acceptances

Members don't see this ad.

Purrs :)

• Support of SDNers
  • UF students offering lodging for interviews (yes, my mom, dog, bunny and I would like to sleep on your sofa)
  • LSU putting on an amazing Open House on OOS interview day. (and the welcome reception the night before)
  • Friendliness of current students towards prospective students on SDN and at the schools
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • Meeting other applicants who are so kind and friendly that we all forget that we're competing against each other for a spot
  • Seeing new places and wildlife on interview trips
  • Relatives who are supportive and encouraging while respecting the difficulty, competitiveness, and uncertainty of the process
  • Catching glimpses of a cool case on hospital tours
Growls :(

• Tuskegee for sending out a group email to the “class of 2014” to all interviewees (followed by a hasty “just because you got the email, does not mean you have been admitted)
  • The particularly harsh Tennessee rejection (I did not apply there, so I did not get one - no sour grapes)
  • The policy of paying to reserve a spot before April 15th, on top of excessive application and supplemental fees because they overbook the acceptances
  • VMCAS fees, supplementary app. fees, GRE fees, transcript fees, travel fees, etc., etc.
  • The unknown notification dates and, by corollary, the nervous days and sleepless nights of waiting
  • LOR writers who wait till the night before the deadline to submit the form... even though they agreed to write a rec. 3 months ago (but the time and effort they put in are appreciated nonetheless)
  • Supplementary applications that ask you to provide most of the information they received through VMCAS, only in a slightly different format

Purrs :D
  • Support of SDNers
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • Meeting other applicants who are so kind and friendly that we all forget that we're competing against each other for a spot
  • Relatives who are supportive and encouraging while respecting the difficulty, competitiveness, and uncertainty of the process
  • celebration for interviews and acceptances
  • seeing your new SDN friends hear good news also
  • Happy hour with vet students+their doggies!
  • learning about current vet med topics through discussion with SDN and prepping for interviews

Growls :mad:
  • VMCAS fees, supplementary app. fees, GRE fees, transcript fees, travel fees, etc., etc.
  • The unknown notification dates and, by corollary, the nervous days and sleepless nights of waiting
  • LOR writers who wait till the night before the deadline to submit the form... even though they agreed to write a rec. 3 months ago (but the time and effort they put in are appreciated nonetheless)
  • Supplementary applications that ask you to provide most of the information they received through VMCAS, only in a slightly different format
  • blizzards that made me pay for longer hotel stay
  • Illinois for screwing up online status' multiple times
  • MO's mean rejection letter and not reading all our (5) essays we had to write
  • knowing some of your SDN friends won't have their dream come true this year
  • just simply asking for a LOR, I WAS SO SCARED!!
  • specifically typing in my whole transcript for VMCAS even though they receive a hard copy, also, retyping my transcript again for some supplemental apps

Members don't see this ad :)
  • Support of SDNers
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • learning about current vet med topics through discussion with SDN and prepping for interviews
  • UCDavis dog squeeze toy and live dog mascot
  • The reload button (for SDN)
  • Phone call acceptances (Penn)

• specifically typing in my whole transcript for VMCAS even though they receive a hard copy, also, retyping my transcript again for some supplemental apps
  • Snow, and rain, and cold.
  • Busy signals for 7 days.
  • Transcontinental flights with no meals, no movies, and no oxygen (my vote goes to USAir for worst cabin pressurization=big headaches after their flights).

• Support of SDNers
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • Amazing people willing to write LORs.
  • E-mail.
  • Having a window that overlooks the mailbox so I did not have to hide in any bushes while stalking the mailman.
  • Waitlists (better than rejections).

• Transcontinental flights with no meals, no movies, and no oxygen (my vote goes to USAir for worst cabin pressurization=big headaches after their flights).
  • Being rejected after spending $500 to go to an interview.
  • 4 Gate changes while waiting for flight and walking all over the Phoenix airport everytime the gate changed.
  • Waitlists (worse than acceptances).

Okay trying to fix formating

Purrs
Support of SDNers
UF students offering lodging for interviews (yes, my mom, dog, bunny and I would like to sleep on your sofa)
LSU putting on an amazing Open House on OOS interview day. (and the welcome reception the night before)
Friendliness of current students towards prospective students on SDN and at the schools
Acceptance letters!!
Meeting other applicants who are so kind and friendly that we all forget that we're competing against each other for a spot
Seeing new places and wildlife on interview trips
Relatives who are supportive and encouraging while respecting the difficulty, competitiveness, and uncertainty of the process
Catching glimpses of a cool case on hospital tours
celebration for interviews and acceptances
seeing your new SDN friends hear good news also
Happy hour with vet students+their doggies!
learning about current vet med topics through discussion with SDN and prepping for interviews
UCDavis dog squeeze toy and live dog mascot
The reload button (for SDN)
Phone call acceptances (Penn)
Amazing people willing to write LORs.
E-mail.
Having a window that overlooks the mailbox so I did not have to hide in any bushes while stalking the mailman.
Waitlists (better than rejections).
Iowa state's extreme friendliness
Support from my coworkers and boss
Having my bf (who knows nothing about vet med or science) tell me, "shut up about the cost already and just go live your dream"

Growls
Oklahoma for overlooking the nicest, most helpful person on SDN
Tuskegee for sending out a group email to the "class of 2014" to all interviewees (followed by a hasty "just because you got the email, does not mean you have been admitted)
The particularly harsh Tennessee rejection (I did not apply there, so I did not get one - no sour grapes)
The policy of paying to reserve a spot before April 15th, on top of excessive application and supplemental fees because they overbook the acceptances
VMCAS fees, supplementary app. fees, GRE fees, transcript fees, travel fees, etc., etc.
The unknown notification dates and, by corollary, the nervous days and sleepless nights of waiting
LOR writers who wait till the night before the deadline to submit the form... even though they agreed to write a rec. 3 months ago (but the time and effort they put in are appreciated nonetheless)
Supplementary applications that ask you to provide most of the information they received through VMCAS, only in a slightly different format
blizzards that made me pay for longer hotel stay
Illinois for screwing up online status' multiple times
MO's mean rejection letter and not reading all our (5) essays we had to write
knowing some of your SDN friends won't have their dream come true this year
just simply asking for a LOR, I WAS SO SCARED!!
specifically typing in my whole transcript for VMCAS even though they receive a hard copy, also, retyping my transcript again for some supplemental apps
Snow, and rain, and cold.
Busy signals for 7 days.
Transcontinental flights with no meals, no movies, and no oxygen (my vote goes to USAir for worst cabin pressurization=big headaches after their flights).
Being rejected after spending $500 to go to an interview.
4 Gate changes while waiting for flight and walking all over the Phoenix airport everytime the gate changed.
Waitlists (worse than acceptances).
Having your entire acceptance hinge on one 50 min interview
Getting rejected from your IS
Having your parents tell you to find a new career after hearing the cost of your OOS school

• Support of SDNers
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • E-mail.
  • Having a window that overlooks the mailbox so I did not have to hide in any bushes while stalking the mailman.
  • Iowa state's extreme friendliness
  • Support from my coworkers and boss
  • Having my bf (who knows nothing about vet med or science) tell me, "shut up about the cost already and just go live your dream"

• 4 Gate changes while waiting for flight and walking all over the Phoenix airport everytime the gate changed.
  • Having your entire acceptance hinge on one 50 min interview
  • Getting rejected from your IS
  • Having your parents tell you to find a new career after hearing the cost of your OOS school
  • Shopping for+buying interview attire. i hate suits and dress shoes!!!

Mines a little specific, but I think a lot of us who live near our IS schools and got rejected feel the SAME way!

• Support of SDNers
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • E-mail.
  • Having my bf (who knows nothing about vet med or science) tell me, "shut up about the cost already and just go live your dream"
  • Bursting into happy tears as you drive underneath the "UCDavis" sign on I80 for the interview workshop even though you've done that trip a million times

• Having your parents tell you to find a new career after hearing the cost of your OOS school
  • Driving underneath the "UC Davis" sign after the interview workshop and bursting into tears again because you sat there with other hopefuls only to hear Williams annouce that "if you haven't heard about the interview, you won't be hearing..."

• Support of SDNers
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • E-mail.
  • Having my bf (who knows nothing about vet med or science) tell me, "shut up about the cost already and just go live your dream" <-- Keep him
  • Bursting into happy tears as you drive underneath the "UCDavis" sign on I80 for the interview workshop even though you've done that trip a million times
  • Calling your boyfriend at home and having him read you the acceptance letter you've been waiting 8+ years for!
  • The excitement of moving to a totally new place and decorating an apartment!
  • The LOVE and SUPPORT from family and friends, including everyone on SDN (even those of you that write posts that piss me off sometimes)

• Tuskegee for sending out a group email to the "class of 2014" to all interviewees (followed by a hasty "just because you got the email, does not mean you have been admitted)
  • Driving underneath the "UC Davis" sign after the interview workshop and bursting into tears again because you sat there with other hopefuls only to hear Williams annouce that "if you haven't heard about the interview, you won't be hearing..."
  • ETS mailing copies of your GRE scores to the wrong place
  • UPenn making you wait on pins and needles until MARCH, only to let you know you've been rejected
  • Wasting $60 on UPenn's supplemental app that essentially only asks you to write down your GPA and address-if that!
  • Having to turn down an interview to Western because of the short notice, plane tickets to California are not cheap!
  • The debt you're going to accumulate due to OOS tuition (but it's worth it)
  • THE WAIT, THE TORTUROUS WAIT FOR LETTERS TO COME SNAIL MAIL!!!

Last edited:

• Support of SDNers
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • E-mail.
  • Calling your boyfriend at home and having him read you the acceptance letter you've been waiting 8+ years for!
  • The LOVE and SUPPORT from family and friends, including everyone on SDN (even those of you that write posts that piss me off sometimes)
  • Realizing that the improvements you've made over the last year are so noticeable that you feel like you actually have a shot at acceptance this year.

• UPenn making you wait on pins and needles until MARCH, only to let you know you've been rejected
  • Wasting $60 on UPenn's supplemental app that essentially only asks you to write down your GPA and address-if that!
  • Having to turn down an interview to Western because of the short notice, plane tickets to California are not cheap!
  • The debt you're going to accumulate due to OOS (but it's worth it)
  • Knowing that you got rejected from a school because some idiot on the phone told you they had your GRE scores when they apparently didn't.

• Support of SDNers
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • E-mail.
  • Realizing that the improvements you've made over the last year are so noticeable that you feel like you actually have a shot at acceptance this year.
  • Third time being the charm
  • Having the money spent on interviews and traveling being worth it
  • Having a choice on which school to attend
  • Opening the mailbox to see a big honkin' manila envelope, twice (it's just as exciting the second time)
  • Being able to be part of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of Veterinary Medicine of 2014, whoop!

• Tuskegee for sending out a group email to the "class of 2014" to all interviewees (followed by a hasty "just because you got the email, does not mean you have been admitted)
  • Knowing that you got rejected from a school because some idiot on the phone told you they had your GRE scores when they apparently didn't.
  • Rental cars
  • Interview mishaps
  • Driving in snow (in a rental car)
  • Tailgates flying at me on the highway
  • Extreme cost associated with just the application process
  • Having a choice of which school to attend

• Support of SDNers
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • E-mail.
  • Opening the mailbox to see a big honkin' manila envelope, twice (it's just as exciting the second time)
  • Being able to be part of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of Veterinary Medicine of 2014, whoop!
  • Having my boyfriend take me out to a FABULOUS dinner after I got my acceptance
  • Shopping for my new apartment
  • Shopping for a new kitten for my new apartment (kidding about the shopping part)

• Rental cars
  • Interview mishaps
  • Gaining 5 pounds from stress eating
  • Having to fly around the middle of the country in a glorified tin can they have the nerve to call a plane

• Support of SDNers
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • E-mail.
    [*]Realizing your only chance to go to vet school for the upcoming year is international, deciding whether to wait and reapply next year, and then having your fiancée tell you "Just go to school".

• Rental cars
  • Interview mishaps
    [*]The months of waiting to hear something (even interview offers) from schools.
    [*]Not being able to reschedule an interview because already said yes to one that is scheduled the same day in a different state.
    [*]Getting your plane flight cancelled due to horrible weather and being unable to reschedule an interview because it got too expensive.
    [*]Realizing for the first time that you get air sickness while on a 7 hour flight to your first interview.

Members don't see this ad :)

• Support of SDNers
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • E-mail.
  • Having my boyfriend take me out to a FABULOUS dinner after I got my acceptance
  • Shopping for a new kitten for my new apartment (kidding about the shopping part)
  • Knowing your dream is coming true! :love:
  • Having years of really hard work pay off
  • Celebrating!

• Rental cars
  • Interview mishaps
  • Extreme cost associated with just the application process <-- And still trying to pay it off while simultaneously save up money for vet school
  • Gaining 5 pounds from stress eating
  • Having to fly around the middle of the country in a glorified tin can they have the nerve to call a plane

• Support of SDNers
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • E-mail.
  • Celebrating!
  • That interview invite/acceptance email from Western
  • Having some cool 3rd year students and faculty make me feel welcome in the foreign lands of the west coast.:laugh:

• Rental cars
  • Interview mishaps
  • Extreme cost associated with just the application process <-- And still trying to pay it off while simultaneously save up money for vet school
  • Gaining(or loosing depending how you cope!) 5 pounds from stress eating
  • MizzoU's rejection letter. Short and blunt. Also one of the first to go out of this cycle.
  • Bar at the airport closed early before my & Nissan's 10 hr stop over flight home. When all you needed was a drink...
[/QUOTE]

• Support of SDNers
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • UCDavis dog squeeze toy and live dog mascot--Also at WSU!
  • E-mail.
  • The excitement of moving to a totally new place and decorating an apartment! I'm glad I'm not the only one excited about this
  • Third time being the charm This
  • Celebrating!
  • Having some cool 3rd year students and faculty make me feel welcome in the foreign lands of the west coast.:laugh:
  • Champagne
  • Happy kisses from dogs when they know you are too excited for words
  • Congratulatory text messages after telling everyone in your contacts that you FINALLY got it
  • FINALLY GETTING WICHE FUNDING AFTER 3 LONG YEARS!
  • Colorado :love:

• Rental cars
  • Interview mishaps
  • MizzoU's rejection letter. Short and blunt. Also one of the first to go out of this cycle.
  • Bar at the airport closed early before my & Nissan's 10 hr stop over flight home. When all you needed was a drink...
  • Rejections after and interview you thought you rocked
  • Applying 3 times before someone gives you a chance
  • the WICHE program that only funds 3 people from my state!!! (see also in purrs)
  • The closest vet school is 7 hours away

• Support of SDNers
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • E-mail.
  • The excitement of moving to a totally new place and decorating an apartment! I'm glad I'm not the only one excited about this
  • Celebrating!
  • Champagne
  • Congratulatory text messages after telling everyone in your contacts that you FINALLY got it
  • Getting into your in state school after going there for 4 years of undergrad wishing every day that you return for another four.
  • Cornell for taking a chance on me when other schools didn't (Big Red!)
  • Colorado's Vet Prep program for also taking a chance on an unknown kid (even though I'm going to CU) (You rock too Colorado!)
  • Getting a cake from your boss minutes after freaking out in the x-ray room at my job once I found out I was accepted.
  • Knowing that after all these years every stressful moment was WORTH IT! :D
  • Awesome IS financial aid packages!

• Rental cars
  • Interview mishaps
  • the WICHE program that only funds 3 people from my state!!! (see also in purrs)
  • Missouri and their short rejection letter can still suck it! As well as their really long supplemental application and just overall stupidness.
  • The GRE and having to take it twice (or more than that for those of you that took it 3+ times)
  • Being rejected (sucks major, never want to go through that again).

most of these are probably already on the list but bear repeating!

• Support of SDNers
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • E-mail.
  • Celebrating!
  • Champagne
  • Getting into your in state school after going there for 4 years of undergrad wishing every day that you return for another four.
  • Colorado's Vet Prep program for also taking a chance on an unknown kid (even though I'm going to CU) (You rock too Colorado!)
  • Getting a cake from your boss minutes after freaking out in the x-ray room at my job once I found out I was accepted.
  • having a choice!
  • not ruining your interview
  • the friendliness of Mizzou during interview/q&a

• Rental cars
  • Interview mishaps
  • Missouri and their short rejection letter can still suck it! As well as their really long supplemental application and just overall stupidness.
  • The GRE and having to take it twice (or more than that for those of you that took it 3+ times)
  • having to choose
  • ruining your interview :(
  • snow. I mean, come on, how many storms to we need in any given year? :wtf:

• Support of SDNers
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • E-mail.
  • Celebrating!
  • Champagne
  • having a choice!
    [*]CSU's new awesome and efficient notification and file review process
    [*]UCDavis literally sending my acceptance email first out of everyone's because my PI emailed the day before and asked already :laugh:
    [*]Helpful and awesome class of 2013 members (mostly at UCD, but others of you on SDN too!
    [*]The unpredictability of the whole process!

• Rental cars
  • Interview mishaps
  • having to choose
    [*]A bunch of UCD interview invite getting lost in the email somehow
    [*]Realizing that honestly applying to more than my IS wasn't actually worth it considering my goals
    [*]The unpredictability of the whole process!!

Last edited:

• Support of SDNers
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • E-mail.
  • Celebrating!
  • Champagne
  • having a choice!
  • CSU's new awesome and efficient notification and file review process
  • UCDavis literally sending my acceptance email first out of everyone's because my PI emailed the day before and asked already :laugh:
  • Helpful and awesome class of 2013 members (mostly at UCD, but others of you on SDN too!
  • The unpredictability of the whole process!
  • Getting accepted on your first app cycle after an LOR scare that would have stopped the entire app process in the beginning, and the worst biochem experience of your life

• Rental cars
  • Interview mishaps
  • having to choose
  • A bunch of UCD interview invite getting lost in the email somehow
  • Realizing that honestly applying to more than my IS wasn't actually worth it considering my goals
  • The unpredictability of the whole process!!
  • Having your relationship fall apart after receiving that first acceptance letter

• Support of SDNers
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • E-mail.
  • Celebrating!
  • Champagne
  • having a choice!
  • UCDavis literally sending my acceptance email first out of everyone's because my PI emailed the day before and asked already :laugh:
  • Helpful and awesome class of 2013 members (mostly at UCD, but others of you on SDN too!
  • Getting accepted on your first app cycle after an LOR scare that would have stopped the entire app process in the beginning, and the worst biochem experience of your life
  • Following my dream
  • Seeing the words "CONGRATULATIONS"
  • Meeting cool people during interviews and through SDN
  • Realizing that interviewers are people just like us (I loved it when they smiled or laughed).
  • Cuddling with the Davis squeeze dog

• Rental cars
  • Interview mishaps
  • having to choose
  • Realizing that honestly applying to more than my IS wasn't actually worth it considering my goals
  • Having your relationship fall apart after receiving that first acceptance letter
  • Having to study for exams during interviews
  • Having to study for exams while checking my mailbox and inbox every 15 minutes
  • Schools that respond slowly or never respond at all (Virginia)
  • People who are pessimistic and discouraging (don't let them get you down!)

Purrs
  • Support of SDNers
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • E-mail.
  • Knowing your dream is coming true!
  • Celebrating!
  • Having some cool 3rd year students and faculty make me feel welcome in the foreign lands of the west coast.
  • Champagne
  • Colorado
  • Knowing that after all these years every stressful moment was WORTH IT!
  • having a choice!
  • UCDavis literally sending my acceptance email first out of everyone's because my PI emailed the day before and asked already
  • Following my dream
  • Realizing that interviewers are people just like us (I loved it when they smiled or laughed).
  • Having incredibly friendly, wonderful interviewers for my first interview, which was on my birthday
    [*]Getting to spend a lot of time with my mom while we traveled
    [*]Learning things about veterinary medicine I didn't know about
    [*]Seeing the incredible facilities we'll be working with
    [*]The "Cats for Christ" sign at K-State (before I knew that the mascot is the Wildcat :laugh:)
    [*]Finding out that Ohio State gives in state tuition after the first year
    [*]Continuously remembering that I am in fact going to be a vet!

[*]Looking at pet adoption websites more than 6 months before I could even consider adopting a dog

Growls
  • Rental cars
  • Interview mishaps
  • having to choose
  • ruining your interview
  • snow. I mean, come on, how many storms to we need in any given year?
  • Having to study for exams while checking my mailbox and inbox every 15 minutes
  • Horrible horrible multiple mini interviews at VMRCVM
    [*]Being exhausted from traveling and missing tons of class for interviews
    [*]Spending a ton of time and money going to interviews, only to ultimately choose the first school I interviewed at
    [*]Nasty admissions board member at Penn

[*]Not learning about SDN until waaaay late into the application cycle :(

Purrs
  • Support of SDNers
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • E-mail.
  • Celebrating!
  • Having some cool 3rd year students and faculty make me feel welcome in the foreign lands of the west coast.
  • Champagne
  • Colorado
  • having a choice!
  • UCDavis literally sending my acceptance email first out of everyone's because my PI emailed the day before and asked already
  • Following my dream
  • Having incredibly friendly, wonderful interviewers for my first interview, which was on my birthday
  • Getting to spend a lot of time with my mom while we traveled
  • Learning things about veterinary medicine I didn't know about
  • Seeing the incredible facilities we'll be working with
  • The "Cats for Christ" sign at K-State (before I knew that the mascot is the Wildcat :laugh:)
  • Finding out that Ohio State gives in state tuition after the first year
  • Continuously remembering that I am in fact going to be a vet!
  • Looking at pet adoption websites more than 6 months before I could even consider adopting a dog
  • Getting accepted into your dream school even though you just applied for fun knowing you'd never get in!

Growls
  • Rental cars
  • Interview mishaps
  • having to choose
  • ruining your interview
  • Being exhausted from traveling and missing tons of class for interviews
  • Spending a ton of time and money going to interviews, only to ultimately choose the first school I interviewed at
  • Nasty admissions board member at Penn
  • Not learning about SDN until waaaay late into the application cycle :(
  • The feeling of worthlessness and failure after getting rejected with no interview from what you thought was your safety school.

Purrs
  • Support of SDNers
  • Acceptance letters!!
  • E-mail.
  • Celebrating!
  • Champagne
  • Colorado
  • having a choice!
  • Following my dream
  • Getting to spend a lot of time with my mom while we traveled
  • Learning things about veterinary medicine I didn't know about
  • Seeing the incredible facilities we'll be working with
  • The "Cats for Christ" sign at K-State (before I knew that the mascot is the Wildcat :laugh:)
  • Finding out that Ohio State gives in state tuition after the first year
  • Continuously remembering that I am in fact going to be a vet!
  • Looking at pet adoption websites more than 6 months before I could even consider adopting a dog
  • Getting accepted into your dream school even though you just applied for fun knowing you'd never get in!
  • Finding out that the school you applied to on a whim is actually your dream school.
  • Moving to Minneapolis! :soexcited:
  • Minnesota's tuition remission and residency policy for dual-degree students (so (relatively) cheap!)
  • Getting into both the schools you applied to on the first cycle
  • Not throwing up on your interviewers like you felt like you were going to
  • Bottles of water provided by the U of Minnesota interviewers for stalling

Growls
  • Rental cars
  • Interview mishaps
  • having to choose
  • ruining your interview
  • Being exhausted from traveling and missing tons of class for interviews
  • Spending a ton of time and money going to interviews, only to ultimately choose the first school I interviewed at
  • Nasty admissions board member at Penn
  • Not learning about SDN until waaaay late into the application cycle :(
  • The feeling of worthlessness and failure after getting rejected with no interview from what you thought was your safety school.
  • Michigan State's stupid decision to send a bunch of letters out in January and then no more until March.
  • The perfect, inevitable conflict between every period of application activity (VMCAS fill-out, supplemental, interview) and exams. (Seriously, it's like they plan that ****.)
  • 7-8 more years of school with the DVM/PhD program :eek:
  • Having to live in a different state than your fiancé for at least 2 or 3 of those years
  • Finding out that the only class you have to care about any more is the one you hate most, Physics II.
  • Also finding out that signing up for animal nutrition online was a total waste of money and time, but you still have to finish it even though you don't need it anymore.

Last edited: