Just starting on path to be ready for Post-Bacc, help/criticism appreaciated!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FoxActionNews

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Everyone!

First of all thank you to everyone who took the time reading this. I've just completed stage 1 of my journey to getting into a postbacc and - hopefully - MD program, which is landing a stable job that allows me time to volunteer at the local hospital.

I'm looking to submit my application for the 2018-19 cycle, with my top schools being Bryn Mawr, Temple, and Goucher (in that order). I have a 3.3 uGPA and a 3.6 gGPA from an MA in International Relations. I'm wondering how much will volunteering will contribute if we're talking about 100-120 hours total to my chances, and generally will I be wasting money on applying or should I wait and accumulate more hours and possibly clinical experience before applying again. I'm 29 and I'm feeling like I'm running out of time, so I would much rather apply sooner rather than later but am unsure which scale my qualifications put me on.

I would also LOVE if alum from those three schools would tell me their experiences with admission!

Thanks everyone!