You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Just took NBDE part 1 and let me tell you !!
Started by scarlettdds
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
thank you for the response trying like heck to find electronic copy of decks online and cant? any suggestions?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys... i have my part one exam in a weeks time... the material i studied from- decks(09), KAPLAN review notes, first aid nbde1, a lil bit of mosby and asda papers (77-99 & 2003-05).... i feel all prepared but i am able to score in 70's and 80's while doing released papers. Is the main exam gonna be on the similar mines or is it going to b more tough? please do reply.
Thanks
Thanks
@vinru
You will do great if you know your concepts and have done asda. i think you are well prepared. but just relax now and dont panic. know ur OCCLUSION well. in and out of dental anatomy! GOOD LUCK to you.
You will do great if you know your concepts and have done asda. i think you are well prepared. but just relax now and dont panic. know ur OCCLUSION well. in and out of dental anatomy! GOOD LUCK to you.
Hi Hello guys
I had finished the NBDE I study, but I have to do a fast review
is the release Qs enough ??
I want to contact to any UPenn dental student as soon as possible .
this is my E-mail
[email protected]
I had finished the NBDE I study, but I have to do a fast review
is the release Qs enough ??
I want to contact to any UPenn dental student as soon as possible .
this is my E-mail
[email protected]
review through first aid and solve questions as much as u can. practice taking each exam and sit for 3.5 hours straight and then again 3.5 hours staright because that is how the exam will be. do not give the test on your bed but take it in a library or ur desk if u cud. and I am not a Upenn student!
I got my results today and I PASSED!! and i agree with NOMII!
i got my results today and i passed!! And i agree with nomii!
please tell what material u used to prepare.
Dental decks for all the subjects and dental anatomy and occlusion section of kaplan along with the decks for DA/OCC. and last weeek review from first aid. side notes are very important. and asda all of them .
I got my results today and I PASSED!! and i agree with NOMII!
hey.. congrats

just a quick question.. i don't have first aid.. should i review things frm kaplan or decks r enugh??decks are fine and as long as u r comfortable with kaplan. i just did the dental part from kaplan so yes i reviewed it. but if u have time like a week or so then i think these books are easily available fro download on many websites. u can download . do not freak out. its a good exam. not hard except occlusion.know that well and thats brilliant in kaplan
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i had only a few questions from biochem that too from the cycles. there were like 6 questions on cycles and 5or 6 from proteins, carbohydrates etc.
Hey guys,
I took exam today. I wud say, my exam had two types of questions, too easy and too hard. By too hard I mean was nt there in my study material ( first aid, decks, papers). It was complete guess. I had repeat questions from asda, dnt remember how many. Do dental anatomy occlusion primary teeth asda well.
Hope I pass!!!!
Gud luck!
I took exam today. I wud say, my exam had two types of questions, too easy and too hard. By too hard I mean was nt there in my study material ( first aid, decks, papers). It was complete guess. I had repeat questions from asda, dnt remember how many. Do dental anatomy occlusion primary teeth asda well.
Hope I pass!!!!
Gud luck!
Thanks 1907 for sharing your input! 😀Hey guys,
I took exam today. I wud say, my exam had two types of questions, too easy and too hard. By too hard I mean was nt there in my study material ( first aid, decks, papers). It was complete guess. I had repeat questions from asda, dnt remember how many. Do dental anatomy occlusion primary teeth asda well.
Hope I pass!!!!
Gud luck!
What do you think is the lowest raw score you can get?
Its kind of difficult to say. All m thinking right now is that hope I pass!!🙂
hey guys I am close to my test day, I have been studying for First Aid, Qbanks and dental decks, but I have heard that it would be better if I buy the CRACK the NBDE.
Would you please tell me your experience with that or what do you guys think about the CRACK, is it worth it ?
Thankss
Would you please tell me your experience with that or what do you guys think about the CRACK, is it worth it ?
Thankss
I just go my results and I failed. I got a total of 72%. The exam is really tuff. You have to know the basic's of every subject there is.
no need to purchase everything is present online if you are in India you can easily download itHi ...
I have started with NBDE Part-1 Prep since 2 weeks...Started with micro-pathology...Which year Dental Decks do i need to purchase ...??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From which site can i download Dental decks...particularly 2011-2012 and 2012-2013...Can u plz gv me the link ...mail me at [email protected]...
the max you can get online is dental decks 2006/07....none of the 2011-2012-2013 version is available online.....there is a difference but not a very huge one......as again i said in some other thread i will say again.....the exam is not the same as it used to be earlier before the pass n fail system......its tougher and needs you to be thorough in the basic sciences......rest it differs from individual to individual and time to time you give the exam....if youre really good at cramming things up then decks, first aid and asda combined is enough but if you cannot remember things in one reading and need to understand the thing in detail just like me then refer to some good text before you start up with decks, no not KAPLAN, not in a hundred years i would suggest KAPLAN to anyone......i am planning to reappear soon so all this comes out of my and one more random person who was also giving nbde1 exam at my centre's personel experience.....we both discussed what we studied and came to a conclusion that just decks and first aid is not enough and yea last but not the least donot depend on ASDA papers, they are good but not good enough......be generally prepared for any knda questions.....some people get 70-80% repeat some dont even get 10%......
Last edited:
So what material do you suggest for basic sciences
As again i would like to ask you first that are you really good at cramming if yes than you should go in for decks any edition, first aid and asda....more than enough....but make sure you do the decks twice......if you are not good at cramming jus like me than go in for some short text book or review books.....there are many available in the market....just like the ones for USMLE.....they good n short and you can combine them with decks to clear your basics.....or refer to you dental text books for the things you dont understand but please refer to some international author not some local one......
Last edited:
From which site can i download Dental decks...particularly 2011-2012 and 2012-2013...Can u plz gv me the link ...mail me at [email protected]...
Check your mail
As again i would like to ask you first that are you really good at cramming if yes than you should go in for decks any edition, first aid and asda....more than enough....but make sure you do the decks twice......if you are not good at cramming jus like me than go in for some short text book or review books.....there are many available in the market....just like the ones for USMLE.....they good n short and you can combine them with decks to clear your basics.....or refer to you dental text books for the things you dont understand but please refer to some international author not some local one......
Thanks 🙂
That's a really good suggestion
I'm neither too good nor too bad in cramming but yeah I'm clearing my doubts by Wikipedia
Check your mail
mail me too if you got a geniune and a tested link for the latest decks 2011-2012-2013.....my email [email protected]
hey! i am planning to take the nbde soon . i have decks 2003. which is pretty old 🙁
if anybody has newer that 2003 pls contact me .
i need also some company and people to talk to them about the exam.
i am really alone and i need some support and motivation
i am really glad that i find this blog. i hope i can help u and u can help me
thank u !
if anybody has newer that 2003 pls contact me .
i need also some company and people to talk to them about the exam.
i am really alone and i need some support and motivation
i am really glad that i find this blog. i hope i can help u and u can help me
thank u !
Hi
M also planning to give .soon
Ple advice
My email
pswinontario@yahoo. ca
Thanx a lot
i have 2003 decks . its old but do u want me to send it to u ?
Where can I find the ASDA released papers?
quote="dentstud11, post: 13966234, member: 288570"]@Vinru
You will do great if you know your concepts and have done asda. i think you are well prepared. but just relax now and dont panic. know ur OCCLUSION well. in and out of dental anatomy! GOOD LUCK to you.[/quote]
Eh
quote="dentstud11, post: 13966234, member: 288570"]@Vinru
You will do great if you know your concepts and have done asda. i think you are well prepared. but just relax now and dont panic. know ur OCCLUSION well. in and out of dental anatomy! GOOD LUCK to you.[/quote]
Eh
Where are the ASDA papers found?
Please email me!
Please email me!
e areThanks 🙂
That's a really good suggestion
I'm neither too good nor too bad in cramming but yeah I'm clearing my doubts by Wikipedia
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,hey! i am planning to take the nbde soon . i have decks 2003. which is pretty old 🙁
if anybody has newer that 2003 pls contact me .
i need also some company and people to talk to them about the exam.
i am really alone and i need some support and motivation
i am really glad that i find this blog. i hope i can help u and u can help me
thank u !
My plan is the same, & i graduated in 2008. I am also looking for buddy to study. I am in MICHIGAN, PM ASAP
Eh[/quote]Where can I find the ASDA released papers?
quote="dentstud11, post: 13966234, member: 288570"]@Vinru
You will do great if you know your concepts and have done asda. i think you are well prepared. but just relax now and dont panic. know ur OCCLUSION well. in and out of dental anatomy! GOOD LUCK to you.
Ha TIM, I do understand dental anatomy, but have confusion in understanding OCCLUSION movement, i.e; working & non working movement for maxillary jaw.
When Maxillary right working side means mandibular right non-working side.
hello
i m from india....i hav jus completed my internship and i m looking forward to give nbde part 1......can anyone plzzzz help me with the following doubts
1.how much time is needed for preparation?
2.books to read?
3.wen r the exams conducted?
4.how to apply for the exams?
thank you
i m from india....i hav jus completed my internship and i m looking forward to give nbde part 1......can anyone plzzzz help me with the following doubts
1.how much time is needed for preparation?
2.books to read?
3.wen r the exams conducted?
4.how to apply for the exams?
thank you
Give me ur email i have DD2 2012 online and first aid..... I'll send u all my resourcesthank you for the response trying like heck to find electronic copy of decks online and cant? any suggestions?
Good luck