Just want to vent...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.iz-n

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I just found out yesterday that there is no more funding for my job as of September 4th. So yes, I will be out of a job during interview season. This pisses me off, particularly because I feel we could have had money if my stupid a** boss hadn't hired three people despite a hiring freeze. So now I'm freaking screwed.

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise, but at this point, I need to find something to pay my mortgage and household expenses, and pay for PHarmcas fees and supplemental fees. Damn. when it rains it pours. Couldn't have been a better time to find out you won't have freaking job.:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

Donate sperm. It won't keep a roof over your head but at least 6k over 6 months is enough to pay for your application and interviews.

maybe you will be elgible for unemployment... that may help a little:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Donate sperm. It won't keep a roof over your head but at least 6k over 6 months is enough to pay for your application and interviews.

If the OP is female, donating an egg actually earns ALOT MORE MONEY. :laugh:

Or better yet, try working at a strip club. Hell, strippers make more money than pharmacists. ;)

REAL sensitive guys!!! But I do have a stack of ones laying around?

The whole situation is just messed up. Just wanted to vent. But I still feel the timing is so perfect (sarcasm). Whatever. I'll carry on and do what I need to do...At least I'll still have a job by the time I submit my Pharmcas application...

REAL sensitive guys!!! But I do have a stack of ones laying around?

Vent away. I have no advice to give, but I'll at least listen :)

Thanks for listening.:) I think I'm just upset because this could have been avoided as I mentioned earlier. Yeah, my boss tried to act like she cared and that it was so hard for her to tell me this, but I feel like, if you REALLY cared, and I was such a great worker as she told me yesterday, she would've tried harder to keep me on. I just feel so stressed at this point because it's bad enough I'm worried about getting into Pharmacy and organizing things for Pharmcas, but NOW I have to hope and search for a new job to keep my financial situation straight. I guess if I work 2 part-time jobs=full time job it might not be too bad...Then again, this could be my opportunity to try and get in some pharmacy experience, but I'm not a certified pharmacy technician...O what should i do?:(
Vent away. I have no advice to give, but I'll at least listen :)

jump into the temp pool and hope for the best

or, you can stop paying your mortgage and get foreclosed on, by the time the damn thing finishes, you'll have lived rent free for upwards of a year and can then move to pharm school.

your credit will be trash, but by the time you graduate, all you need to do is work 3 years and by then it'll have fallen off your credit report.

just verify a foreclosure won't hamper your federal student loan eligibility and DO consult an attorney/tax professional for the consequences. This is not intended to be personalized and professional tax or legal advice, so take this at your own risk.

jump into the temp pool and hope for the best

or, you can stop paying your mortgage and get foreclosed on, by the time the damn thing finishes, you'll have lived rent free for upwards of a year and can then move to pharm school.

your credit will be trash, but by the time you graduate, all you need to do is work 3 years and by then it'll have fallen off your credit report.

just verify a foreclosure won't hamper your federal student loan eligibility and DO consult an attorney/tax professional for the consequences. This is not intended to be personalized and professional tax or legal advice, so take this at your own risk.

It will affect your ability to get student loans. I'm not sure if it is for the Stafford or the Grad Plus loans or maybe both but they do do a credit check and you can't have defaults, foreclosures, etc. If you do, you need someone to cosign.

It will affect your ability to get student loans. I'm not sure if it is for the Stafford or the Grad Plus loans or maybe both but they do do a credit check and you can't have defaults, foreclosures, etc. If you do, you need someone to cosign.

Gotcha, I knew bk and and one other thing within the past 2 years kept you from getting a grad plus. However, if it doesn't affect the stafford loan and the OP is going to a school w/ in-state tuition, a walk-away would be in order.

Thanks for listening.:) I think I'm just upset because this could have been avoided as I mentioned earlier. Yeah, my boss tried to act like she cared and that it was so hard for her to tell me this, but I feel like, if you REALLY cared, and I was such a great worker as she told me yesterday, she would've tried harder to keep me on. I just feel so stressed at this point because it's bad enough I'm worried about getting into Pharmacy and organizing things for Pharmcas, but NOW I have to hope and search for a new job to keep my financial situation straight. I guess if I work 2 part-time jobs=full time job it might not be too bad...Then again, this could be my opportunity to try and get in some pharmacy experience, but I'm not a certified pharmacy technician...O what should i do?:(

I think for now, while you still have a job, bust your @$$ with your PharmCAS app, get that all organized and finished as quickly as possible (PS, LORs, etc) in your free time. Once that's done, focus on getting work elsewhere, whatever pays the bills. My wife's worked a minimum wage job for the last 3 months because it pays the bills until she gets back into nursing (long story, don't ask). And once you've finished your PharmCAS app, you'll only have the odd supplemental app to fill out which shouldn't interfere too much with your job search. Realistically you could have PharmCAS done by the end of the month and have 2 full months to push for a new job(s) with minimal distraction.