But seriously, that's a good question. I wonder if anyone on here knows of any true stories of really messed up interviews.
This happened during my Texas A&M interview, but it had to do with the other vet schools that I applied to, and one of them was Kansas. It didn't turn out too tragic, but it is still an avoidable situation...
They asked me how I chose the other schools I applied to. The truth was that I applied to as many schools as I could that I was qualified for, because IMO any vet school is going to give you a good vet education (and my GPA isn't anything to write home about, so beggars can't be choosers when it comes to getting into vet school!!) It was my first app cycle, and I didn't even think I would get an interview anywhere, let alone be picky about what schools I applied to. I also knew that my best shot at acceptance was my IS (Texas A&M), so I didn't think that I should get too excited just yet about programs at other schools.
I obviously didn't want to respond with "I just applied anywhere I was qualified for", so I grasped for anything I could think of that WASN'T that answer. I ended up saying that I had lived in Texas my whole life, and wanted to experience somewhere new

This is true, but not a good interview response!
They responded with "So, it wasn't about the schools' programs, then?" I freaked, and wanted to say "No! It is ALSO about the programs!", but I figured next they might say "Really? Tell us about the programs."
In the end, I only made the waitlist, but during my file review they told me my interview score was 50/60 points (which was average for those that were accepted last year). The thing that hurt my acceptance most was my GPA, but this interview faux pas really could have been avoided.
Moral of the story: Know something about all the schools you are applying to, even if you are applying to them as a long shot to improve your chances of getting in somewhere!
😳