Kansas City University (KCU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will any of you peeps be here b/t July 1 to July 14? If so let me know, we can always get to know each other!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll be around mid June. But gone before July.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, are there any other major deadlines for paperwork for matriculation that I'm missing out on? I know that transcripts are due on July 1st...anything else? I'm pretty positive that there is nothing else due, but for some reason I'm super nervous that I'm missing out on something.

Last edited:
Hey guys, are there any other major deadlines for paperwork for matriculation that I'm missing out on? I know that transcripts are due on July 1st...anything else? I'm pretty positive that there is nothing else due, but for some reason I'm super nervous that I'm missing out on something.

As long as you have all the other paperwork in, the transcript deadline is the only other one I am aware of as well.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For the class of 2020, thought I'd post it here and I will on the other page as well..

I called Admissions today in regards to this for matriculation requirements:

Official Transcripts(COM, COB and Bioethics)- Deadline: July 1, 2016
Important: All official transcripts need to be sent to Office of Admissions. You must include degree conferment dates (if applicable). Transcripts sent to AACOMAS for your COM application are not forwarded to our Office of Admissions. You must have official copies sent directly to us from all college/universities attended.

Just so you know, you do not need to resend your transcripts if you did not take/complete any new courses since submitting your AACOMAS. Obviously you need to resend if you finished some pre-reqs recently or just completeld Spring 2016 courses and graduated (class of 2016). I graduated last May (class of 2015) and have not taken any courses since, so they said I do not need to resend my transcript. I just wanted to let people know because I know it usually costs $ to send official transcripts and I thought it was a little confusing and unclear on the website.

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone heard anything from the wait list yet? heard that there should be movement starting in may.

Members don't see this ad :)
Word on the street, depending on Joplin accreditation, they are potentially going to accept students this cycle for the Joplin site in next years spot. Hearsay. Fingers crossed! Lol.

Question for any current students: I'm currently wait listed here but accepted to another school. I was going to go ahead and buy my stethoscope for the school I am accepted to (littmann cardiology III or IV). Am I ok to buy this knowing I could be accepted to KCU last minute? Just want to make sure I don't waste any money! Thanks!

Y
Question for any current students: I'm currently wait listed here but accepted to another school. I was going to go ahead and buy my stethoscope for the school I am accepted to (littmann cardiology III or IV). Am I ok to buy this knowing I could be accepted to KCU last minute? Just want to make sure I don't waste any money! Thanks!

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I haven't heard anything back about wait list movement. The sands of time are running out. Any one have a back up plan?

I haven't heard anything. I've been toying with the idea of giving them a call just to see what's going on. School starts just over a week from now for them!

I haven't heard anything. I've been toying with the idea of giving them a call just to see what's going on. School starts just over a week from now for them!

Calling is never a bad idea. They don't mind. Just be prepared if they have nothing additional they can tell you. They will say what they can!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I called yesterday and they said they were down to 269 so they would be meeting to choose someone from the waitlist who should have been contacted by now. If that person doesn't respond to the email or a phone call, then they will meet again and choose someone else from the waitlist. Unfortunately, there hasn't been much movement this year.

There should be new spot open in the COM now. I have gotten into my top choice.

University of Oklahoma (Tulsa track)

For those who are still following this thread, I would appreciate your inputs if you have some or all of the following facts/stats:

- Recent COBer (like within 3 years) who attended the COB interview and got accepted during the same year of the interview
- 1-year COB track
- COB fall GPA: >3.5
- MCAT: 496-500 (within a few points below the minimum)
- Not Caucasian
- Research hours: around 500+ hours
- Shadowed a variety of specialties

I attended the COB interview this week and I am anxious about my fate....after I read that some of you still remained on the waitlist in July. So, my question is, is there anyone with similar data above wants to share:

- The admissions decision within 6 weeks after the COB interview
- For those who got accepted off the waitlist, when did you get off? (June? July? 1 week before med school begins? or after it begins?)