2023-2024 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Kansas City) KCU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone applying!

Secondary Prompt: ***Read your secondary invitation carefully, they have a definite deadline***
1. Describe a time that you experienced a personal failure. What did you learn from the experience? How did it affect your personal growth? How did you show grit after the failure?

2. What kinds of things are you not good at? Why? How could this present a challenge in medical school?

3. Describe a situation in which you believe you or someone else were not treated fairly. How did you respond? What changes did you make or could be made to prevent someone being treated in this way in the future?
Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Graduating 4th year, applied and matched psych. Lived in KC then 3rd year in Detroit, MI, followed by 4th year mostly in the northeast. Happy to answer questions if you have any, although I’m sure curriculum has changed and continues to evolve. AMA

Does KCU-COM have a supplemental application this cycle? I understand they've had one in previous years, but with the primary application questions they asked, I was wondering if they're planning on still sending out secondaries.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I just received the secondaries

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody not receive a secondary yet? Submitted 6/5 and no secondary received

And do we need to list every medical school we are applying to?
Tbh no idea. It doesn't have the red asterisk next, so not required I think, so maybe it's just another data collection box lol. I don't see any char/word max. I tested it and was able to basically put an infinite amount of text in it.

Did any of you all receive an email confirming that your primary was received by KCU?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm I wonder if any of the people who received a secondary invite received a confirmation email....seems like from last year's thread, people receive a secondary invite shortly after receiving a confirmation email.

Hmmm I wonder if any of the people who received a secondary invite received a confirmation email....seems like from last year's thread, people receive a secondary invite shortly after receiving a confirmation email.
I got a primary confirmation - no secondary invite yet. My friend got the primary confirmation and a secondary invite email after

Since there isn't a word count, how much should we really write, though? Is one page per question too much?

Since there isn't a word count, how much should we really write, though? Is one page per question too much?
I am keeping it around 250-500 words (this seems to be the standard with most secondaries), depending on how well I can answer the question. It's probably safe to say they wouldn't want anything more than 500 words, but if you need more to answer the prompt its not a big deal.

"What things are you not good at?" What the heck is this question

Can someone post the prompts to the secondary por favor🙏

Wondering how I should approach "what other medical schools did you apply to?", I don't want to lie, but I also don't want to mention I applied to a million schools

Wondering how I should approach "what other medical schools did you apply to?", I don't want to lie, but I also don't want to mention I applied to a million schools
it's optional. Honestly bonkers why it's even being asked

How is everyone going about the “what are you bad at” question?

Anyone else still having issues paying the secondary fee? I got en email earlier saying that they're working on fixing it.

How is everyone going about the “what are you bad at” question?
About to write an entire essay about being terrible at small talk —-> lack of friendships/connections in medical school —> my eventual drop out.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
There are two different pay links for the secondary... weird.. anyone else like this?

1687226051565.png
1687225884466-png.373249

1687226003529.png

Yeah, its like that for me too - neither link worked to pay though. Guess they're still having some issues on their end.
Just so I know which specific issue are you having? For me it will not verify me or whatever after I enter name CASID and email.

Just so I know which specific issue are you having? For me it will not verify me or whatever after I enter name CASID and email.
Yeah, I have the same exact issue. It says, "We're sorry, no matching applicant was found with the given information."

what is the casid? I dont see that anywhere...this is so annoying I just want to submit this and be done with it.

About to write an entire essay about being terrible at small talk —-> lack of friendships/connections in medical school —> my eventual drop out.
I’m gonna talk about how I didn’t get in the first time and how I “rediscovered” my interest in osteopathic medicine and improved my application

lol seriously I hated that one...
It’s basically asking what are your weaknesses and is a classic interview question which you will likely face again applying for residency. The key is to pick one or two things that you’ve struggled with and talk about how you’ve worked on them and grown from the experience. I would try to think of something social rather than academic, maybe you have a hard time working in groups or maybe you had a job where they gave you feedback about your performance that you did/did not feel you deserved.

They posted the secondary payment issue is fixed but I am still getting the same error message

Yeah, I have the same exact issue. It says, "We're sorry, no matching applicant was found with the given information."
Getting that as well. It even took my payment, but saying "We're currently not taking secondary applications". Such a nightmare lol. I'm gonna email them and I'll post what they say.

Getting that as well. It even took my payment, but saying "We're currently not taking secondary applications". Such a nightmare lol. I'm gonna email them and I'll post what they say.
Yeah, now it finds my application and I can input my payment details but it gives that new error message.

I got that error ^^^. I emailed and they confirmed my payment went through

I called admissions and they told me they will receive our payments and should sort itself out by the end of today. Told me to call back tomorrow if I had any further issues :L So I guess just sit and wait.

I submitted the payment and got the "we are not accepting applicants now" message. Am I ok?
Yes that’s what I got and they said I am fine. My portal didn’t update to say I paid yet but they confirmed with me