Kansas State C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greeneyegal92

c/o 2022!!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome K State applicants! Can't wait to meet you all :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll be applying here too!

I interviewed there last cycle! Everyone at K-state is very friendly and helpful. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who is interested in the process feel free to ask questions! I was accepted last year but the OOS tuition was too high for me, it looked like an amazing school though!

I'm so excited to see this thread! I will be starting at K-State in the fall so you can also ask me any questions! The interview was definitely very conversational and I honestly enjoyed mine a lot.

Glad to see this thread started! I'll be starting second year in the fall, feel free to message me with any questions!

Bumping this thread since it was all the way on the bottom of page 3! :eek: How's everyone coming along on their applications?

Bumping this thread since it was all the way on the bottom of page 3! :eek: How's everyone coming along on their applications?
Good so far! I have one more transcript to get before I can mail in the packet

Hello! I'll be applying here as well. I received all my official transcripts to send in for the supplemental but was wondering about the "photocopy of the GRE Scores"... is this suppose to be our official score?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hello! I'll be applying here as well. I received all my official transcripts to send in for the supplemental but was wondering about the "photocopy of the GRE Scores"... is this suppose to be our official score?

You can just print your scores from the ETS website! It doesn't need to be an official copy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Question about ELORs for Kansas!

Does a Professor/DVM count as an academic advisor in their requirements for the ELORs?

Do we get an email saying if they received our supplemental packet?

Do we get an email saying if they received our supplemental packet?
I just checked, I did when I applied two years ago. If it's been a while since you sent it and you haven't heard anything, I'd email Mary Sue to check!

I just checked, I did when I applied two years ago. If it's been a while since you sent it and you haven't heard anything, I'd email Mary Sue to check!
Thanks for checking! It won't get to their office until tomorrow but I just wanted to make sure if they tell us or if it was a call them to verify time thing.

Thanks for checking! It won't get to their office until tomorrow but I just wanted to make sure if they tell us or if it was a call them to verify time thing.

Yup, I applied this year and received a confirmation email for the receipt of my supplemental material!

I'm undergrad there and in the early admit program. I was nervous for my interview but they were all fantastic! The people there are all great! Good luck. Get in so I can have some great upperclassmen there to help me when I finally get started! Good luck.

Has anyone gotten an email about their supplemental being processed?

Has anyone gotten an email about their supplemental being processed?
I have not - I only received an email when they received all of my supplemental application material.. did you?

I have not - I only received an email when they received all of my supplemental application material.. did you?
I didn't get that email. I emailed mary sue and she told me she received my packet on the 12th and there would be another email when it processed

I didn't get that email. I emailed mary sue and she told me she received my packet on the 12th and there would be another email when it processed
I never received an email either. I do have a tracking number that it was delivered on the 14th of Sept so I didn't call! I will do that tomorrow!

I never received an email either. I do have a tracking number that it was delivered on the 14th of Sept so I didn't call! I will do that tomorrow!
I wonder If she will send out that our packet has been processed all at once?

I received an e-mail from Mary Sue yesterday that said my supplemental application was received and complete. If I remember correctly, I sent mine out the first week of September.

Got an email this morning from Mary Sue, my supplemental has been processed and completed.

Got an email this morning from Mary Sue, my supplemental has been processed and completed.
I did call Monday, but she said she was going to email this week and I got one today with a confirmation.:claps:

I still haven't gotten an email about my supplemental app being processed. I sent it the first week of september with an estimated arrival of sept 9th. Because of how it was sent, there's no tracking number. I'm worried that I haven't heard anything. I emailed them and haven't gotten a response yet (emailed them last night, so they might need more time to respond). Have you all gotten confirmation emails for your supplementals or are some still waiting?

I still haven't gotten an email about my supplemental app being processed. I sent it the first week of september with an estimated arrival of sept 9th. Because of how it was sent, there's no tracking number. I'm worried that I haven't heard anything. I emailed them and haven't gotten a response yet (emailed them last night, so they might need more time to respond). Have you all gotten confirmation emails for your supplementals or are some still waiting?
I was in your same boat with the supplemental. Mine ended up getting sent with a tracking number (accidentally picked the wrong envelope type at the post office and then at that point I just no longer cared about spending a couple extra dollars on this specific envelope and the shipping) so I knew mine was there, but I didnt get my confirmation email from Mary Sue until this past Wednesday, over a month after it arrived. So they're definitely still sorting through them all and sending out emails.

I was in your same boat with the supplemental. Mine ended up getting sent with a tracking number (accidentally picked the wrong envelope type at the post office and then at that point I just no longer cared about spending a couple extra dollars on this specific envelope and the shipping) so I knew mine was there, but I didnt get my confirmation email from Mary Sue until this past Wednesday, over a month after it arrived. So they're definitely still sorting through them all and sending out emails.
Good to know. Thanks! I'm legit having stress dreams about all this.

Mary Sue was gone today, so I wouldn't worry about not having heard anything today! I'm not certain if she'll be back Monday.

I talked to Mary Sue on Friday about my Undergrad stuff and she said she had finished responding to all but 200 of the 1000 applicants. She said she thought that was pretty good but bet the 200 she hadn't gotten to yet didn't think so!

I talked to Mary Sue on Friday about my Undergrad stuff and she said she had finished responding to all but 200 of the 1000 applicants. She said she thought that was pretty good but bet the 200 she hadn't gotten to yet didn't think so!
This isn't really related, but I saw the early admissions induction ceremony was going on the other day and thought of you! I was over there about the time it was done and was like "who are all these happy people with certificates??? Ohhh..."

This isn't really related, but I saw the early admissions induction ceremony was going on the other day and thought of you! I was over there about the time it was done and was like "who are all these happy people with certificates??? Ohhh..."

Yup! I was one of those folk! Mom flew in and took pics and girlfriend came. Good day!

Hello! I also applied to Kansas state.

I saw on the website the interviews occur over the course of dec/jan/feb. When i called to make sure all of the supplemental materials were received, I got kind of ambiguous answers about when interviews occur, it seems to happen in rounds, if I'm not mistaken?

any previous applicants have any experience with a time line of when we will hear back?

thanks!

I saw on the website the interviews occur over the course of dec/jan/feb. When i called to make sure all of the supplemental materials were received, I got kind of ambiguous answers about when interviews occur, it seems to happen in rounds, if I'm not mistaken?

any previous applicants have any experience with a time line of when we will hear back?

thanks!
I interviewed in the second interview weekend in January last year and I received the invitation in early December. I'm not sure when the December interview invites will be sent out but I'd be on the lookout in late November.

thanks!
The interview weekends this year are December 16th and 17th, January 6th and 7th, and January 20th and 21st! Most if not all in-state interviews will be December 16th, and the rest of the dates are out-of-state, but other than that it seems pretty random as far as who is interviewed when (i.e. "better" applicants aren't necessarily interviewed first). Interview invites will be sent out approximately a month before your interview date. Two years ago I got my invite November 12th for a December 20th interview.

Today, I received an email from KSU offering me an interview. Date for interview is December 16th.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! Are you in-state?
Thank you! I was not expecting to hear back from schools until mid-November or at the end of the month.

I am being considered as in-State student, for tuition purposes. However, I am applying from out of state.

Received an email yesterday (11/3) for an interview OOS! My interview date is Dec. 17th and there's a pizza party the night before. Will I be seeing anyone else there?

Reactions: 4 users
Received an email yesterday (11/3) for an interview OOS! My interview date is Dec. 17th and there's a pizza party the night before. Will I be seeing anyone else there?
I'll be helping out with things that weekend and hopefully on the current student panel at the pizza party! ;)

Do you get to chose your interview date or do they just tell you this is your date? They currently have my application for review I havent heard anything back yet

Do you get to chose your interview date or do they just tell you this is your date? They currently have my application for review I havent heard anything back yet
Last year they gave me the date about 6 weeks before the interview.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

You don't get to choose, but if you have a conflict they might be able to change it. Last year they had to move a bunch of people to January dates since we had ice and snow going on during the December weekend.

They tell you the date and I believe will only move it for extreme emergencies. Having a different interview that same day won't get you a different day.