Kansas State C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an email yesterday (11/3) for an interview OOS! My interview date is Dec. 17th and there's a pizza party the night before. Will I be seeing anyone else there?
Congrats everyone! When did you guys submit.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats everyone! When did you guys submit.
Submission date doesn't affect your interview date, it seems pretty random other than IS are all the December weekend!

Was there another email you all received about your applications being processed besides the email about the supplemental application being processed complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
oh my! I hope I dont have interview dates conflict then! I wish they would let us select an interview date so its easier for us to coordinate everything. For their interview is it at the school only or can it be a skype or phone interview? Im assuming its at the university.

oh my! I hope I dont have interview dates conflict then! I wish they would let us select an interview date so its easier for us to coordinate everything. For their interview is it at the school only or can it be a skype or phone interview? Im assuming its at the university.

I've never heard of anything but in person only for US schools. It's luck of the draw really what dates you get, and what sort of accommodation, if any, schools can offer. I had interviews 3 weekends in a row, so it worked out nicely but I could've easily had a conflict. If you do end up in that situation, having to pick one and cancel with the other school is unfortunately a distinct possibility.

It has to be in person at the school.

Anyone know what the general dress code would be for the pizza party?

So I haven't heard anything from KSU about getting an interview. If I haven't heard anything by now does that mean I probably don't have much of a shot?

So I haven't heard anything from KSU about getting an interview. If I haven't heard anything by now does that mean I probably don't have much of a shot?

I haven't either. Did you receive an email about your application being processed besides the email about the supplemental application being complete? Are you in-state or out-of-state?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I got the conformation email. I'm an out of state applicant. (So I know my chances aren't exactly amazing, but I've noticed on several threads that kids are getting interview emails already and I haven't gotten anything. So I'm a wee bit nervous!)

There will be two more rounds of invites going out for January interviews, don't worry!

Does when you get invited to interview indicate if you're a stronger/weaker applicant?

Yeah, I got the conformation email. I'm an out of state applicant. (So I know my chances aren't exactly amazing, but I've noticed on several threads that kids are getting interview emails already and I haven't gotten anything. So I'm a wee bit nervous!)
Oos too and I got my invite for Kansas state last year thanksgiving week for the first interview weekend in January. Don't freak out. There's still loads of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I am OOS and got an interview invite this past Friday for December 17th. I am going to be visiting my father who lives in Nebraska City when I am out there because I am currently in Grad School in Philadelphia. Once you interview how long afterwards do you find out the decision? What type of interview is it?

I am OOS and got an interview invite this past Friday for December 17th. I am going to be visiting my father who lives in Nebraska City when I am out there because I am currently in Grad School in Philadelphia. Once you interview how long afterwards do you find out the decision? What type of interview is it?
I think they say 4-6 weeks after your interview? And it's a traditional interview with 3 people and it's open file.

First of all, congrats on the interview! I interviewed at Kansas last year. The format is you sitting across the table from two faculty members and a veterinarian from the community. They will ask you questions and try to get a feel for you. They have your application in front of them so be prepared for specific questions. SDN is a great resource for preparing for the interview but the questions they asked me were completely different than the ones posted here.

Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

You should hear back by mid-February at the latest! Definitely second the recommendation to look over the interview feedback section on here, my questions were pretty similar to those but there will be some specific to your application. It's a very conversational interview aiming to get to know you better, and it's about 30 minutes long.

Just got an interview invite for 1/6 :) OOS!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an interview invite for 1/6 :) OOS!
Congrats! Does anyone know how many waves KSU sends out for OOS interviews (I’m sorry if this was already asked)?

Reactions: 1 users
I am OOS & just received an interview invite for Jan 6th! :)

Reactions: 3 users
I'm OOS and just received an invite for Jan. 7th

Sigh...still nothing. Another wave I have been left out of. **Acts pathetic from inherent jealousy**
Good luck everyone hopefully I'll get to join you all soon :luck:

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats!! So exciting!! Hopefully there will be one (or two) more rounds left to be sent. Fingers crossed for those still waiting.

fingers crossed we will be in the next wave of invites :)

GOT AN INTERIEW!! OOS

Reactions: 4 users
I am so beyond excited y’all. Last year I was flat out rejected from everywhere I applied to and this will be my third interview invite. So please, everyone - don’t give up hope!

Reactions: 3 users
When should I start to worry that I did not receive an invite? Doesn't matter really I've already started worrying now...

When should I start to worry that I did not receive an invite? Doesn't matter really I've already started worrying now...
I got my interview invite in early December last year. Try not to worry!

I'm still waiting to hear from all of the schools I applied to so I'm kinda stressing too. You're not alone

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

There should still be at least one more wave of invites!! I wouldn't freak out tooooo much yet (which I know is hard to do since that was me a couple days ago :laugh:)

An aside: For those who have already interviewed, was Mary Sue as lovely and kind as she is over the phone? We spoke over the phone so any times in the past month, it feels like she's a long lost friend. :laugh:

An aside: For those who have already interviewed, was Mary Sue as lovely and kind as she is over the phone? We spoke over the phone so any times in the past month, it feels like she's a long lost friend. :laugh:
Yes, she's super nice!

Got an OOS interview on the 6th!

Question for anyone who knows. Is there a thread where I can ask current KSU Vet students about the cost of attendance and loans? I've tried calling the KSU financial aid office several times but they just take messages and then say they're going to call back. I'm sure i'm not hight priority since i'm not even a student, but online it says the loan maximum for the federal loan is 20g's ...and that's about 55g's short of what I would need loan wise (since the total cost of attendance per year will be somewhere around 75 to 80 thousand dollars). So can someone point me to a thread where I can ask current students who pay OOS costs how they cover those costs through loans?

Got an OOS interview on the 6th!

Question for anyone who knows. Is there a thread where I can ask current KSU Vet students about the cost of attendance and loans? I've tried calling the KSU financial aid office several times but they just take messages and then say they're going to call back. I'm sure i'm not hight priority since i'm not even a student, but online it says the loan maximum for the federal loan is 20g's ...and that's about 55g's short of what I would need loan wise (since the total cost of attendance per year will be somewhere around 75 to 80 thousand dollars). So can someone point me to a thread where I can ask current students who pay OOS costs how they cover those costs through loans?
There's not a specific thread like that, I'm about the only active K-State student on here (other than @Frozenshades, but he's done with his DVM :p).

That might be the maximum for undergrad students, but for professional students you're guaranteed enough in loans to cover your entire cost of attendance (tuition, fees and cost of living as determined by the school). There are two loans at I think $20,500 each that you can get, and then the Grad Plus loan covers everything else (these are all federal unsubsidized). I'm living almost entirely off of loans, I took out about $72k for this year (I'm OOS). Hope that helps, let me know if you have more questions!

There's not a specific thread like that, I'm about the only active K-State student on here (other than @Frozenshades, but he's done with his DVM :p).

That might be the maximum for undergrad students, but for professional students you're guaranteed enough in loans to cover your entire cost of attendance (tuition, fees and cost of living as determined by the school). There are two loans at I think $20,500 each that you can get, and then the Grad Plus loan covers everything else (these are all federal unsubsidized). I'm living almost entirely off of loans, I took out about $72k for this year (I'm OOS). Hope that helps, let me know if you have more questions!
Thank you for the reply! This is definitely helpful. I was mostly curious about what that last loan was. I'll remember that Grad Plus loan. I know I'm by no means into the program, but I just figured it would be good to start looking into those things. Thanks again!

Thank god ;)

Yah I'm not one to ask about finances, sorry newbies. I got a lot of funding from the PhD side so between that and some parental generosity it was just about all covered.

I interviewed at K-State last year, but I have not gotten an interview invite for this year. I thought for sure I'd get another interview since my application has improved from the last cycle. Hopefully more invites will be sent out soon!