Kansas State C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, that sounds similar! Kind of along the lines of Harry Potter houses, only not actually living together. And no Quidditch. :laugh: But there will be faculty Heads of House as well as faculty mentors within each house to kind of serve as academic advisors, and there will be some fun competitions between the houses like a lawn games event to kick off fall semester (and there will be a House Cup!), as well as social events for each house. This will be in addition to the existing second year and fourth year buddy system, at least for now, since participating in the house system is optional for my class and c/o 2019. But if your second or fourth year is hard to get ahold of or you don't get along with them, you'll have other upperclassmen within your house to go to! The houses won't be broken up by interest or anything, they're going to try to have a good mix of people in each house so for instance if you're not an equine person and are struggling with equine anatomy, you can go to someone in your house who likes equine for help.

Ooh this is exciting!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So is there like a sorting cat or something?

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

I'm in the class of 2021 and we had a sorting cow! ;) I'm not sure if they're going to use Betsy for your sorting or not, but they want to make it really fun!

I think the new houses will be great since most of the people in my class didn't stay in touch with their specific 2nd &4yr buddies throughout our first year. I met upper classmen through clubs but there's still a lot of them I don't know! The houses will hopefully make that less of an issue and incoming students will know even more students in the other classes :)

Well i'm excited, Kansas really seems like a tight knit group! Can't wait to start this August

Yes we are! My class got really close real quick lol we were hanging out with each other each day after orientation (which I've heard isn't common so don't be disappointed if your class doesn't do that!) Last year everyone was so helpful& supportive! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
So a sorting sow would be right up your alley PigFarmer25! I'd prefer a sorting stallion! I miss K State already and I've only been home a couple of weeks (I know it's just undergrad). But yesterday I got to learn how to tell a horse is pregnant and run the ultrasound and now I'm headed to Mississippi for farm call with my boss! Sounds like the vet school will be great, intense, hard, frustrating, exhausting, but great.(Ok a lot of it will suck). I try to stay positive!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm an OOS student coming from Ohio. I don't currently have a car and I would love to get away with not having one during my first year at least. Current students, is this possible? Which apartments are within walking distance of the vet school?

I'm an OOS student coming from Ohio. I don't currently have a car and I would love to get away with not having one during my first year at least. Current students, is this possible? Which apartments are within walking distance of the vet school?

University owned apartments (Jardine) are right across the street. I don't think they allow pets. If you look around I want to say there are a few complexes fairly close to campus as well as houses for rent. There may be smaller options, but I wanna say the main grocery stores are all a mile or more away from campus. There is a bus system that I believe makes its route once an hour (don't know how extensive the stops are). But yeah, if you live close to campus you'll probably still rely on the bus or a friend with a car to get around for shopping, going out, etc. People manage, but it's not a very pedestrian friendly town.

There are plenty of apartments and houses close to the vet school! It kind of depends on what you consider walking distance, I lived a mile away from school the last two years and almost always drove because I'm lazy, but I liked that I had the option to walk if I needed to. I lived at The Pointe on College Avenue, they're good but the new management really caters to undergrads (constantly emailing me about free food in the office, they've gone to by the bed leasing for 2 bedrooms and up, etc.). But the units are nice, and the few times I've needed something fixed it's been taken care of really quickly.

Hey everyone! I posted this on the Kansas State co 2022 Facebook page but I didn't receive any responses so I figured I would post it here as well.

My dad just had an offer accepted on a house in Manhattan and I have one roommate lined up but i'm still looking for one more person.

The house is 4 bedroom 3 full bathroom so you would have your own bathroom just across the hall from your room. Rent would include all utilities with high speed internet and would be $650 a month. The 4th bedroom will be a study area. I will be furnishing all common areas and stocking the kitchen with silverware, bowls, plates, cups, and appliances.

This is the Zillow listing of you would like to see pictures. The available room would be one of the rooms in in pictures 21-24. Picture 25 would be your bathroom. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3017-Matter-Dr-Manhattan-KS-66502/114395327_zpid/

Message me with any questions you have an I will be happy to answer!

Hey everyone! I posted this on the Kansas State co 2022 Facebook page but I didn't receive any responses so I figured I would post it here as well.

My dad just had an offer accepted on a house in Manhattan and I have one roommate lined up but i'm still looking for one more person.

The house is 4 bedroom 3 full bathroom so you would have your own bathroom just across the hall from your room. Rent would include all utilities with high speed internet and would be $650 a month. The 4th bedroom will be a study area. I will be furnishing all common areas and stocking the kitchen with silverware, bowls, plates, cups, and appliances.

This is the Zillow listing of you would like to see pictures. The available room would be one of the rooms in in pictures 21-24. Picture 25 would be your bathroom. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3017-Matter-Dr-Manhattan-KS-66502/114395327_zpid/

Can I please have that deal in Cali? :laugh: I feel like I pay double for a box on the side of the road (I don't but still)...

Oh and we're pet friendly The one roommate I have has a dog and I don't currently have any pets.

Can I please have that deal in Cali? :laugh: I feel like I pay double for a box on the side of the road (I don't but still)...
After moving to Kansas, it's going to be tough going back to California living prices! I used to pay $600 a month in rent alone and now I pay maybe $400 a month for everything.

Say that again after winter there :laugh:
I lived through one winter there! I honestly didn't mind it too much except for our open house and Dog'n'Jog when I had to be outside for two days with not much cover hahaha they weren't really in winter but they were some cold days!

I lived through one winter there! I honestly didn't mind it too much except for our open house and Dog'n'Jog when I had to be outside for two days with not much cover hahaha they weren't really in winter but they were some cold days!
Wow I guess you're not as bad as the other Californians I've met.

Haha thanks! It's probably because I'm from NorCal, even farther north than Davis and it gets colder up there than SoCal.

Wish, I was ready to look for a place. I have next year in the frat house and then the following year I'll look for a house I can stay in for my last year of undergrad and the 4 years of vet school. Your place is exactly what I'm going to be looking for! Good luck and I hope you find someone.

My first year here was definitely the coldest winter and the most snow. Classmates from California were not amused lol. I had to come back up from home for a few days during break and just remember shoveling the snow off the driveway the evening I got to the house and it was like -12F outside since it was after sunset. That was the year it snowed 12 or 13 inches one day in February and campus more or less shut down for 2 days and our classes were cancelled.

I just got a call from Mary Sue. A spot opened up for this upcoming class and I got offered the spot. I accepted! Can't wait to meet you all next month :)

Reactions: 4 users