Kansas State C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
An aside: For those who have already interviewed, was Mary Sue as lovely and kind as she is over the phone? We spoke over the phone so any times in the past month, it feels like she's a long lost friend. :laugh:

Mary Sue is great! I'm still undergrad but in the early admit program and she has helped me a lot over the past year. She is extremely nice and helpful. When I went in for my interview my mom stayed in the car because she didn't want to get in the way (we were OOS and she travelled with me). Mary Sue made me go out and bring my mom in! She talked to her the entire time and was great!

Members don't see this ad.

What is the dress code at Kansas State's Vet School?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile
There's a professional/business casual dress code for lectures, but it's not strictly enforced. Jeans and hoodies and stuff are fine, basically we just might get an email from the class officers if people are showing up in pajamas or sweats. The point is just to look respectable for professors and clinicians.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the next round of interview invites are sent out?

Reactions: 1 users
I got mine this morning (and by that I mean the morning of Nov 28th). Scheduled for January 6th! Hang in there :)

Reactions: 2 users

I feel you I'm DYING over here KState is one of the last to hear back from about interviews since I'm OOS. But now that I'm seeing OOS kids getting interviews (HI KORBIN I SEE U HOMIE) I'm getting antsy !!!! hopefully its by the end of the week

I feel like I want to call them to ask but I have a fear of being annoying, the wait for an interview invite for this school in particular is driving me crazy :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like I want to call them to ask but I have a fear of being annoying, the wait for an interview invite for this school in particular is driving me crazy :laugh:

Same I called Mary Sue a little while back to make sure they got everything and she was like don't worry I have a lot more interviews to even get through but yours is in here (this was in like October or something lmao) My application was "complete" as of Nov. 8 so at the same time I know thats not a ton of time since in my brain its an eternity hahaha

Same I called Mary Sue a little while back to make sure they got everything and she was like don't worry I have a lot more interviews to even get through but yours is in here (this was in like October or something lmao) My application was "complete" as of Nov. 8 so at the same time I know thats not a ton of time since in my brain its an eternity hahaha
I got an email asking to confirm my AP courses but I don't remember getting a completion email...maybe I should call?

I got an email asking to confirm my AP courses but I don't remember getting a completion email...maybe I should call?

Possibly! The email said "Dear Laura, we received your supplemental, gre scores, transcripts and application fee. Your application is now complete. Thank you" so if you didn't get one of those yet I maybe would.

Possibly! The email said "Dear Laura, we received your supplemental, gre scores, transcripts and application fee. Your application is now complete. Thank you" so if you didn't get one of those yet I maybe would.
Gave in called Mary Sue, my prerequisites are good and she said last round of interview invites will be out in the next few days :clap:

Reactions: 3 users
Gave in called Mary Sue, my prerequisites are good and she said last round of interview invites will be out in the next few days :clap:

lets hope were in that last round !!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel you I'm DYING over here KState is one of the last to hear back from about interviews since I'm OOS. But now that I'm seeing OOS kids getting interviews (HI KORBIN I SEE U HOMIE) I'm getting antsy !!!! hopefully its by the end of the week

Tell me about it. My friend who goes to school with me got an interview but she's IS. I applied last year and got an interview, so praying for the same thing this year! Im OOS as well.

Tell me about it. My friend who goes to school with me got an interview but she's IS. I applied last year and got an interview, so praying for the same thing this year! Im OOS as well.

Me too!! Good luck :)

There's a professional/business casual dress code for lectures, but it's not strictly enforced. Jeans and hoodies and stuff are fine, basically we just might get an email from the class officers if people are showing up in pajamas or sweats. The point is just to look respectable for professors and clinicians.

To me it sounded like people care more now than in the past, whether that's from faculty or just class leadership can't say. But there were definitely a small number of people who would come to class in sweatpants or sometimes gym clothes, etc. I never sunk quite that low lol...but as far as I know no one ever said anything about it..or if they did it wasn't enough to stop it.

I call and asked what the interview dates where for scheduling purposes and the last weekend of interviews is January 20/21

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I heard k state is notorious for not getting back to you, if you don't get an interview invite is that essentially a rejection?

I heard k state is notorious for not getting back to you, if you don't get an interview invite is that essentially a rejection?
If you don't get an invite or a rejection then you should contact them and ask for your status. Last year my invite to interview got lost and never made it to my email and I only knew that I was invited to interview because they sent a second reminder and it went through.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

Do they only send emails today? I called yesterday to check my status and she said I should be hearing back soon...

Congrats to anyone who received invites today! Awesome job! I haven’t heard anything yet either. I wonder if they will send more invites tomorrow. I’ll wait to call until the end of next week regarding a status update.

That was true in the past, but the past couple years they have sent out rejections in February. They wait until after interviews are done just in case they need to send out more invites.

That was true in the past, but the past couple years they have sent out rejections in February. They wait until after interviews are done just in case they need to send out more invites.

Damn so if you’re rejected you may not find out for a while then

I got an interview invite from Kansas today, and flat out rejected from Missouri today too! This process makes no sense -_-

I hope they send more out. I still haven’t heard anything :(

I hope they send more out. I still haven’t heard anything :(
I'm pretty sure some people on here heard for 1/6 interviews a day before I heard for my 1/7 interview, so there's still a chance that they haven't sent out Sundays invites yet? And even if they've sent all of them out, there's a chance that someone will decline an interview and they'll invite someone else.

I'm pretty sure some people on here heard for 1/6 interviews a day before I heard for my 1/7 interview, so there's still a chance that they haven't sent out Sundays invites yet? And even if they've sent all of them out, there's a chance that someone will decline an interview and they'll invite someone else.
Hopefully, I applied K State solely for the fact my stats matched what it seemed like they are looking for :(

Got an interview invite! (email 11/30 for interview on 1/20).

Reactions: 4 users
YES YES YES!! Finally got my interview invite today :clap:

Reactions: 11 users
I wonder when this final round finishes. Losing hope over here. :(

Same.. I’m gonna wait until next week before I just come to terms with it. I still have 6 more schools to hear from

Same here guys hahaha I haven’t heard anything yet unfortunately but I got 4 interviews so far out of 8 (Iowa obv not bc they don’t do interviews) and I’m about to board a plane to go to WesternU for an interview tomorrow so I’m not totally bummed !!! Good luck in January guys maybe I’ll be posting in here sooner w good news :) :) :)

Sorry to hear you haven't heard back yet - I know how stressful the waiting game can be. I called Mary Sue today to ask about interview invites (I haven't heard back either).

Unfortunately, she said she finished sending out the last wave of invites today. She said they may continue to send out invites up through January to fill the spots of those who declined to interview. Not sure how common it is for people to give up their interview spots though...

Hope this helps! Best of luck!

Sorry to hear you haven't heard back yet - I know how stressful the waiting game can be. I called Mary Sue today to ask about interview invites (I haven't heard back either).

Unfortunately, she said she finished sending out the last wave of invites today. She said they may continue to send out invites up through January to fill the spots of those who declined to interview. Not sure how common it is for people to give up their interview spots though...

Hope this helps! Best of luck!

Bummer :( I haven’t heard back from Kansas either.

Interviewing 1/20.... driving from MA which sucks hard core haha.

Is anyone traveling from california? If so which airport is the best to fly to and what is the best means of transportation from the airport to the hotel?

Is anyone traveling from california? If so which airport is the best to fly to and what is the best means of transportation from the airport to the hotel?
Not from CA, but last year I flew into Kansas City, MO and my mom and I rented a car and drove, which was about a 2 hour drive. We stayed at the holiday inn on campus I believe, it was right across the street from the student center which is where the pizza party was (well apparently it was only relocated there for my weekend, which I forgot about) and it was a very nice hotel.
@singhb09 I believe took a shuttle to and from KCMO, but I can't remember if he had a good experience with it or not. He's also from CA and I think had said he didn't want to rent a car Bc of the chance for snow and not knowing how to drive in it?

There's also a small airport IN Manhattan KS, but I can't guarantee planes would be landing/taking off if it's snowy/icy. And flying into that one was quite a bit pricier.

Last edited:
I'm from Florida. My dad is from Kansas originally and he said driving from Kansas City should be pretty straight forward for me. He said it's a straight shot on I-70 which should be clear. He also said i might get lucky and it'll be too cold to snow

I second the recommendations to fly into Kansas City and rent a car! It's a really easy two-hour drive from KC to Manhattan. But if you've never driven in snow before it might be worth it to pay the higher price to fly into Manhattan. If you go that route there will be student ambassadors shuttling people to and from their hotels and the airport on the interview days, or we do have Uber in Manhattan. If there's bad weather in Manhattan it would probably be affecting KC and causing flight cancellations/delays there as well, but there are typically more flights available to KC. Last winter was very mild other than a little bit of ice and super cold temperatures the December interview weekend (of course), so fingers crossed there are no major issues for you all!

And just adding to what Ski said, normally the pizza party is in Frick Auditorium at the vet school, there was some sort of issue that weekend last year where they had to change the location.

That is a thing! It's because super cold air is typically dryer, I think. It's not so much that it can't snow, but huge snowstorms are less likely. But we're talking like single digits, which only happened a handful of days here last year.

And just adding to what Ski said, normally the pizza party is in Frick Auditorium at the vet school, there was some sort of issue that weekend last year where they had to change the location.
Now that you mention that, I vaguely remember this.
That is a thing! It's because super cold air is typically dryer, I think. It's not so much that it can't snow, but huge snowstorms are less likely. But we're talking like single digits, which only happened a handful of days here last year.
Lawl we get big ol' snowstorms when it's single digits