-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Kansas State C/O 2023
Started by Cbabcock22
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Even if you don't like it, please go to your IS! I'm a third year OOS here, this was my only acceptance and I like it here, but I would have gone somewhere cheaper in a heartbeat. It's hard to judge what it will actually be like attending a school from a brief visit, and even if it's not ideal it's only 4 years of your life. Saving $100k or more will make a much bigger difference in your quality of life in the long run.OOS accepted!! I was also accepted to my IS, so I am most likely going there as long as I don't hate it on my visit. Stay positive on the waitlist!!
Congrats Tiny Brown and all the OOS acceptances! I hope I’ll be able to join you soon enough!Just received my IS acceptance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YAAASSSSS PICKLESOOS accepted! I am so happy and grateful! I am crying! 🙂
ecualombian23
Full Member
It really varies depending on the year, for my class they went through the entire waitlist to fill the class, but I think last year the class was full pretty quickly.
Thank you! Do you know if they work their way down the waitlist as OOS students turn down their offer, or do they wait until April 15th to reach out to waitlist?
Thanks!
picklegurl
Full Member
Is it appropriate for me to have a lot of exclamation points here, Ski??? HahaYAAASSSSS PICKLES
Because... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Ski
OOS accepted!! I was also accepted to my IS, so I am most likely going there as long as I don't hate it on my visit. Stay positive on the waitlist!!
I’m gonna second Lyra’s statement SOHARD. OOS tuition is insane. Please go to your IS!!! It’s 4 years you have to be there and then you can move wherever you want. The only reason to NOT go IS is if you get into one of the OOS schools that lets you change residency and it ends up being cheaper to go OOS.Even if you don't like it, please go to your IS! I'm a third year OOS here, this was my only acceptance and I like it here, but I would have gone somewhere cheaper in a heartbeat. It's hard to judge what it will actually be like attending a school from a brief visit, and even if it's not ideal it's only 4 years of your life. Saving $100k or more will make a much bigger difference in your quality of life in the long run.
YES IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Is it appropriate for me to have a lot of exclamation points here, Ski??? Haha
Because... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Ski![]()
TripleA5806
New Member
First post ever: OOS first time applicant. Just recieved my acceptance email. still waiting to hear back from my IS school and also still have 1 more interview to go to in feb. so I won't know where I'm going for a while, but still very relieved to be accepted.
TripleA5806
New Member
Question: does anyone have or know how/if we can get ahold of the powerpoint presentation that was shown to us during the dinner? Is there maybe a link to it somewhere?
OOS acceptance, so happy!!!!
It was email, but they're also sending some stuff via snail mail according to the message they sent me. From what I understand they're sending out emails all week so don't lose hope!Thats amazing! Email?? Snail Mail?? I didnt get anything today 🙁
OOS accepted! I am so happy and grateful! I am crying! 🙂
YASSSSS PICKLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you end up going there LMK cuz I’m from KC!!
picklegurl
Full Member
Yay!!! Maybe we will meet (hopefully we meet at some point anyways 🙂). Congrats to you too Grebes!!! You got accepted to Western, right???YASSSSS PICKLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you end up going there LMK cuz I’m from KC!!

Yay!!! Maybe we will meet (hopefully we meet at some point anyways 🙂). Congrats to you too Grebes!!! You got accepted to Western, right???![]()
Yes I did!!! Thank you!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If it's the same as in previous years you probably won't hear anything until April 15th! They do overaccept a bit expecting some people will turn down the offer.Thank you! Do you know if they work their way down the waitlist as OOS students turn down their offer, or do they wait until April 15th to reach out to waitlist?
Thanks!
Not as far as I know, you might email Dr. Rost to see if she would be willing to provide it. I wasn't there so I'm not sure what it said, but if you have specific questions I can do my best to answer them!Question: does anyone have or know how/if we can get ahold of the powerpoint presentation that was shown to us during the dinner? Is there maybe a link to it somewhere?
D
deleted676737
Woah, wait, how did I not know that you were from here, too? 😱If you end up going there LMK cuz I’m from KC!!
I don’t live there anymore but my parents are still there and that’s home lol. Are you in KC??Woah, wait, how did I not know that you were from here, too? 😱
OOS rejection, they must have hated me lol
Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
I was also OOS and rejected. But my interviewers were so different than everybody was describing theirs! I felt like I was being grilled. Guess they hated me as well
D
deleted676737
Not inner KC, no. But I'm within the KCMO metro area---a little further to the south (think, like, Grandview/Belton-ish area (if you're familiar with where that is).I don’t live there anymore but my parents are still there and that’s home lol. Are you in KC??
OOS Accepted! I keep thinking it’s a dream!
my interviewers were so different than everybody was describing theirs! I felt like I was being grilled.
Same here, but we obviously can't change anything. Feel free to PM me if you'd like, I don't think you have them turned on because I tried to PM ya.
Best to keep our heads up and not take it personally. They had a lot of applicants and it was competitive etc etc etc. I don't know about you, but I have 2 more interviews that I will try really hard for and hopefully something becomes of those. Good luck! <3
IS rejection. Oh well, better luck next year. Congrats to all who got in!
OOS alternate. Does anyone know how much the waitlist moves? Based off their website I would guess a lot?
GorillaLife03
New Member
Also IS rejection! I will be applying again so maybe we will be in next years class together 🙂IS rejection. Oh well, better luck next year. Congrats to all who got in!
OOS alternate. Last year I was rejected after the interview, so at least I am improving with interviews it seems.
Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile
Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From the top of this page:OOS alternate. Does anyone know how much the waitlist moves? Based off their website I would guess a lot?
It really varies depending on the year, for my class they went through the entire waitlist to fill the class, but I think last year the class was full pretty quickly.
OOS alternate. Last year I was rejected after the interview, so at least I am improving with interviews it seems.
Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile
OOS rejected, but was OOS alternate last year. Really confused and bummed out, especially since I felt like I did so well in my interview this year
OOS rejected. I already got into 2 schools, but I really enjoyed my visit to KSU and Im still kinda bummed out
D
deleted943279
wow congratulations though!! Where else did you get in?OOS rejected. I already got into 2 schools, but I really enjoyed my visit to KSU and Im still kinda bummed out
LSU and Western. No idea how I got into veterinary school at all tbh. In the back of my mind I keep thinking they made a mistake and am still waiting for the email saying "Sorry we made a mistake you were actually rejected."wow congratulations though!! Where else did you get in?
I’m gonna second Lyra’s statement SOHARD. OOS tuition is insane. Please go to your IS!!! It’s 4 years you have to be there and then you can move wherever you want. The only reason to NOT go IS is if you get into one of the OOS schools that lets you change residency and it ends up being cheaper to go OOS.
Or do a PhD and get that gubment money 😉
Except not right at this moment....
Absolutely! I will take this year as a gift to improve my application and knock next cycle out of the park!Also IS rejection! I will be applying again so maybe we will be in next years class together 🙂
I would be lucky to have y’all as classmates! Now relax before we start this process all over again 🙂Absolutely! I will take this year as a gift to improve my application and knock next cycle out of the park!
Yeah, same here! It's disappointing for sure, but never lose hope, right?OOS rejected, but was OOS alternate last year. Really confused and bummed out, especially since I felt like I did so well in my interview this year
Hi future friends,
I know this is super early as most of you are still waiting to hear back from other schools and make your final decision. However, I am a current first-year from Maryland and my roommate is also a first-year from Florida. We're looking for two studious and courteous roommates for our for bedroom, 3.5 bath duplex, renovated in 2018. The two available bedrooms share a large bathroom. We are two blocks south of campus and rent is under $500 a month. It's a wonderful house and location (I biked/walked to class often first semester). Only catch is no pets are allowed. If y'all are interested, you can email me for photos and more information at [email protected]. lease starts August 1st.
I know this is super early as most of you are still waiting to hear back from other schools and make your final decision. However, I am a current first-year from Maryland and my roommate is also a first-year from Florida. We're looking for two studious and courteous roommates for our for bedroom, 3.5 bath duplex, renovated in 2018. The two available bedrooms share a large bathroom. We are two blocks south of campus and rent is under $500 a month. It's a wonderful house and location (I biked/walked to class often first semester). Only catch is no pets are allowed. If y'all are interested, you can email me for photos and more information at [email protected]. lease starts August 1st.
From the top of this page:
cool thanks!
I would be lucky to have y’all as classmates! Now relax before we start this process all over again 🙂
Well, hopefully we will all be in the same class since that will be my year! Good luck!
Congratulations to all that are in and good luck to all that are waitlisted. Also hope those accepted at other schools have lots of luck!
When does KSU start scheduling file reviews? I didn't get anything in my rejection email. it would be super helpful if I could do one this week 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Email Dr. Rost, I think you can start doing them anytime!When does KSU start scheduling file reviews? I didn't get anything in my rejection email. it would be super helpful if I could do one this week![]()
TripleA5806
New Member
A couple of questions for any current students who may know:
How long does the DVM/PhD program take to complete? I know at other university these degrees are not completed concurrently so they can take 7+ years. Is the the case as KSU?
And could anyone provide more info about the collaboration with the National Bio and Agro-defense Facility (NBAF). I believe it was mentioned at the dinner (and I may be mistaken) about an annual stipend that they provide with an agreement to work for them after graduation for the amount of funding time + 2 years. Am I correct about that or am I thinking of something else. And if so, how much of a stipend or tuition assistance is offered and how difficult is it to apply for this program.
How long does the DVM/PhD program take to complete? I know at other university these degrees are not completed concurrently so they can take 7+ years. Is the the case as KSU?
And could anyone provide more info about the collaboration with the National Bio and Agro-defense Facility (NBAF). I believe it was mentioned at the dinner (and I may be mistaken) about an annual stipend that they provide with an agreement to work for them after graduation for the amount of funding time + 2 years. Am I correct about that or am I thinking of something else. And if so, how much of a stipend or tuition assistance is offered and how difficult is it to apply for this program.
Paging @Frozenshades for DVM/PhD questions! He might know about the NBAF program as well, or maybe @Teepster87?A couple of questions for any current students who may know:
How long does the DVM/PhD program take to complete? I know at other university these degrees are not completed concurrently so they can take 7+ years. Is the the case as KSU?
And could anyone provide more info about the collaboration with the National Bio and Agro-defense Facility (NBAF). I believe it was mentioned at the dinner (and I may be mistaken) about an annual stipend that they provide with an agreement to work for them after graduation for the amount of funding time + 2 years. Am I correct about that or am I thinking of something else. And if so, how much of a stipend or tuition assistance is offered and how difficult is it to apply for this program.
I emailed for a file review and got a pretty quick written response. Apparently my interview scores were below average - I followed up asking for more specific feedback but I doubt that will end up being an option. To any current/former students or applicants who have received a file review in the past, do you guys know what sorts of things lead to that kind of interview score?
Here's a bit of what I found, USDA APHIS NBAF Scientist Training ProgramA couple of questions for any current students who may know:
How long does the DVM/PhD program take to complete? I know at other university these degrees are not completed concurrently so they can take 7+ years. Is the the case as KSU?
And could anyone provide more info about the collaboration with the National Bio and Agro-defense Facility (NBAF). I believe it was mentioned at the dinner (and I may be mistaken) about an annual stipend that they provide with an agreement to work for them after graduation for the amount of funding time + 2 years. Am I correct about that or am I thinking of something else. And if so, how much of a stipend or tuition assistance is offered and how difficult is it to apply for this program.