You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Kansas State (KSU) c/o 2026
Started by Polocrosse2017
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
futurewildlifedoc
Full Member
Nov 15th of 2019 and Nov 20th of 2020 according to some current students on Facebook.Looks like we’re not hearing back today y’all lol does anyone have any idea of any past interview invite dates from Kansas ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1051250
I hope we hear back tomorrow or at least sometime before Thanksgiving. Or I am going to be constantly refreshing my email for the rest of the month
I hope we hear back tomorrow or at least sometime before Thanksgiving. Or I am going to be constantly refreshing my email for the rest of the month
I feel like it has to be before thanksgiving… I think they’d want to make sure it was all sorted before the holiday. I’m crossing my fingers that the deadline extension just set them back a few days and maybe they needed the weekend to finalize everything? Maybe? Trying to manifest over here
D
deleted1051250
I think we all might be waiting until the end of November. KSU has all of next week off due to thanksgiving.
I figured this might happen tbhI think we all might be waiting until the end of November. KSU has all of next week off due to thanksgiving.
This is correct. Students don’t have classes all week. However, I know the admissions office has a few tours scheduled next week and the university is technically open M-W, so you never know.I think we all might be waiting until the end of November. KSU has all of next week off due to thanksgiving.
The email they sent out in October did say invites would go out in November. I would hope we would get updates Mon-Wed of this week or Mon-Tues next week (since someone said campus is closed ThursFri this week)I’m wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t hear back until the end of next week. The application deadline got pushed back 2 weeks so I could see the whole process being delayed by 2 weeks to account for that.
Check your emails!
D
deleted1051250
Just got an interview invite!! If someone would like to prepare together, please message me.
futurewildlifedoc
Full Member
Just got my interview invite!
D
deleted989551
OOS interview invite!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You qualify for a seat by their minimum standards but the applicant pool is too competitive to offer an interview.I received an email saying that although I academically qualify, I do not qualify for an interview... what does that even mean?
I certainly would!Just got an interview invite!! If someone would like to prepare together, please message me.
Do you think that is in regard to GPA or experiences? I will request a file review for February as it suggests in the email, but I'm curious if you have any insight. Thanks!You qualify for a seat by their minimum standards but the applicant pool is too competitive to offer an interview.
OOS interview invite!
lurkingbcihatewaiting
Full Member
OOS interview invite!
Congrats to everyone that received an interview invitation! To those debating whether to do it in person vs zoom, just do whatever you feel is best for you. Personally, I was happy mine was over Zoom because it went so much better than being in person - I'm not great at interviews.
If you need any tips on how to prepare or what questions to prepare for, feel free to reach out to me!
If you need any tips on how to prepare or what questions to prepare for, feel free to reach out to me!
Congratulations to all who got an interview! Either in person or Zoom will be fine. Go with what you can afford and what plays to your strengths. I found in person best for me but I know others that felt Zoom was best. I felt seeing the people and the campus made a difference to me. I really do like it here and found the atmosphere a lot different that what I though Kansas was in my mind, coming from a big city. I may "see" some of you during interviews.
Also got the “you’re good, but not good enough” e-mail. Congrats to those that got an interview, and those of us that didn’t, we’ve got more months to hear back from all other schools!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
amelia_ham6
Full Member
Any current students that I could possibly speak to about the interview process and ask a few questions about the school? Feel free to start a conversation in my sdn messages!
If you get an alternate interview position do they tell you once you’re no longer considered?
Around 25 mins i believeDoes anyone know how long the interview is expected to be?
Thank you sm!Around 25 mins i believe
Good luck everyone on interviews this weekend and next weekend! I’ll be on zoom this Saturday and in-person next Saturday! If you see me feel free to say hi!
You’re all going to crush it during interviews! 😊
You’re all going to crush it during interviews! 😊
I'm out of the country this weekend (just got engaged!) but will be there in person as an ambassador next weekend! Hope to see you there. Good luck to all!
You will do well!
You will do well!
Yes it should be central time!congrats on your engagement!!
Double checking; the times are in central time right? not your own time zone? the invite just lists a time with no time zone and i’m from OOS going to do an in person interview and i just noticed that it didn’t specify oops
D
deleted1051250
I’ll be going to Kansas next Friday for my interview and was wondering if anyone would like to possibly meet to walk around Manhattan. Personally, KSU is one of my top choices and I would love to explore the surrounding area with another pre-vet student. If you are interested, please feel free to message me!
In the past its been 2-3 weeks after the second interview weekend.Does anyone know when we will hear back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Had my interview on Saturday. Went pretty well. A lot of "What would you do in this situation" type questions. One question he wanted me to answer was about putting a deceased puppy in a bucket of water to see if it would sink or float to know if it had been born dead or alive. Not really sure why I would get asked that and all the veterinarians I work with now all said that is a very weird question to ask because if clients knew their vet was putting a puppy in water like that, it would make them upset. The same person that asked that was also on his phone mid way through the interview and dropped it trying to put it back into his pocket. Very distracting and unprofessional and I just stared at him while he picked it up. So who knows.. Kind of upsetting that one of the biggest moments of my life doesn't mean much to him.
Although I'm only an applicant, do not know much, and am not applying to Kansas, at the end of my vet school MMI interview last week the woman said to talk to her with any concerns about the interview. Maybe you can contact the admissions at Kansas and talk to them about your concerns. I would more so understand if he got a phone call silenced the ringer and apologized, but what you're describing seems a bit different. I'm not sure what would be best in your situation. I'm sorry the interview was not a very positive experience.Had my interview on Saturday. Went pretty well. A lot of "What would you do in this situation" type questions. One question he wanted me to answer was about putting a deceased puppy in a bucket of water to see if it would sink or float to know if it had been born dead or alive. Not really sure why I would get asked that and all the veterinarians I work with now all said that is a very weird question to ask because if clients knew their vet was putting a puppy in water like that, it would make them upset. The same person that asked that was also on his phone mid way through the interview and dropped it trying to put it back into his pocket. Very distracting and unprofessional and I just stared at him while he picked it up. So who knows.. Kind of upsetting that one of the biggest moments of my life doesn't mean much to him.
D
deleted989551
Can I just say how much I respect you for being able to form a coherent answer to that question? I think I would've just said I've never heard of that before, ever! It definitely would have thrown me off. Also, I second the suggestion that you reach out to the admissions office. I've spoken to Dr. Rost a few times while applying this cycle and she's always been exceptionally kind. I bet she would be receptive to your concerns.Had my interview on Saturday. Went pretty well. A lot of "What would you do in this situation" type questions. One question he wanted me to answer was about putting a deceased puppy in a bucket of water to see if it would sink or float to know if it had been born dead or alive. Not really sure why I would get asked that and all the veterinarians I work with now all said that is a very weird question to ask because if clients knew their vet was putting a puppy in water like that, it would make them upset. The same person that asked that was also on his phone mid way through the interview and dropped it trying to put it back into his pocket. Very distracting and unprofessional and I just stared at him while he picked it up. So who knows.. Kind of upsetting that one of the biggest moments of my life doesn't mean much to him.
As BunnyDVM said, you should really contact the admissions department and let them know your concerns. I was working virtually on Saturday, so while I didn’t interact with that interviewer, I do agree that that sounds like an unprofessional experience and I’m sorry you had to deal with that. Dr. Rost is my supervisor, so if you want to remain anonymous please DM me and I can pass on your concerns to her directly.Had my interview on Saturday. Went pretty well. A lot of "What would you do in this situation" type questions. One question he wanted me to answer was about putting a deceased puppy in a bucket of water to see if it would sink or float to know if it had been born dead or alive. Not really sure why I would get asked that and all the veterinarians I work with now all said that is a very weird question to ask because if clients knew their vet was putting a puppy in water like that, it would make them upset. The same person that asked that was also on his phone mid way through the interview and dropped it trying to put it back into his pocket. Very distracting and unprofessional and I just stared at him while he picked it up. So who knows.. Kind of upsetting that one of the biggest moments of my life doesn't mean much to him.
