-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Kansas State University c/o 2025
Started by alleycat03
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS accepted!
OOS alternate, but will be removing myself as I was accepted to my IS. Best of luck to everyone, you should be so proud you made it this far!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS acceptance!!
Oos acceptance!! I can't even believe it! 😁😁😁
OOS accepted!!
OOS alternate again this year! Dangit!!! I so hope I get a call this year
OOS acceptance! I’ll most likely be declining my spot so hopefully one of you guys on the waitlist will get bumped up 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current 1st year: there probably is! You will be invited once you've submitted all your official documents and they've been processed for claiming your spot 😊Is there a Facebook group for class of 2025 yet?
Current 1st year: there probably is! You will be invited once you've submitted all your official documents and they've been processed for claiming your spot [emoji4]
Would you be willing to answer some questions?
Sure, shoot me a DM. I just got home and have about an hour until a zoom meetingWould you be willing to answer some questions?
1st year ambassador here too! Congrats to all. You will enjoy it here.
Congrats!! Do you mind me asking where you are taking your seat?OOS acceptance! I’ll most likely be declining my spot so hopefully one of you guys on the waitlist will get bumped up 🙂
IS acceptance!!
I am shocked and so excited.
I am shocked and so excited.
OOS ACCEPTED!
Either UMN (if accepted), Penn (if I get $), or LSU!Congrats!! Do you mind me asking where you are taking your seat?
Flotsam12
New Member
Same here...OOS waitlisted! All of my responses so far have been waitlists and I’m a little bit nervous now..
zooDVM-hopeful
ISU DVM c/o 2025!
OOS acceptance!! I literally can't believe it! Congrats everyone 🙂
I will also be turning down my OOS acceptance.
zooDVM-hopeful
ISU DVM c/o 2025!
May I ask why your turning down the acceptance?I will also be turning down my OOS acceptance.
In state accepted!!
One of the other early admit students started a GroupMe for class of ‘25. If you are certain you’re going to attend KSU, feel free to PM me and I can add you to the GroupMe.
One of the other early admit students started a GroupMe for class of ‘25. If you are certain you’re going to attend KSU, feel free to PM me and I can add you to the GroupMe.
I was accepted to my in state schoolMay I ask why your turning down the acceptance?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS alternate, will be declining my seat though so good luck everyone !
In state alternate! Pretty bummed, but trying to stay hopeful.
Do any of you Manhattan folks have any suggestions for pet friendly housing? I’ve been looking a little bit online, but it seems that a lot of places have a 2 pet limit or size restriction for dogs. For reference, I have 2 kitties, a ~40lb goldendoodle, and a ~50lb heeler mix.
I’ve had friends say good stuff about the gramercy and Woodway apartments. My landlord let my household have 3 pets even though we technically were only supposed to have 2. My bf’s landlord is also pretty lenient. I can DM you to give you their contact info. But if I’m being completely honest, anything more than 2 pets will be a stretch, and most places will charge pet rent. I had a hard enough time finding a place for my 1 cat. I also asked a few people what they recommended though and will report back!Do any of you Manhattan folks have any suggestions for pet friendly housing? I’ve been looking a little bit online, but it seems that a lot of places have a 2 pet limit or size restriction for dogs. For reference, I have 2 kitties, a ~40lb goldendoodle, and a ~50lb heeler mix.
I agree with Alley, most apartments are going to be a no go with more than 2 pets. You are definitely going to have to shop around! You might be better off buying a home and selling upon graduation vs renting with that many pets. When contacting landlords definitely flaunt the fact that you will be a vet student, as some will tend to be more willing to bend the rules. From my personal experience, student focused housing communities can be a hit or miss, I personally don’t really like where I live as it can get pretty rowdy with undergrads.
Edit: I am a current graduate student at K-State
Edit: I am a current graduate student at K-State
It is going to be harder to find, and maybe a little pricier but you should be able to find a place as long as you give yourself plenty of time. I know someone in my class with over 6 pets who found a house to rent so it is possible. I agree that mentioning you are a vet student may help your chances as well.Do any of you Manhattan folks have any suggestions for pet friendly housing? I’ve been looking a little bit online, but it seems that a lot of places have a 2 pet limit or size restriction for dogs. For reference, I have 2 kitties, a ~40lb goldendoodle, and a ~50lb heeler mix.
Yes they are!Does anyone know if they’re doing in person tours ?
There is information here: Student Computing Information
I have asked around, and have heard mostly positive things, but others feel free to chime in as well! It is essentially a laptop the screen just flips and it can turn into a tablet.
I have asked around, and have heard mostly positive things, but others feel free to chime in as well! It is essentially a laptop the screen just flips and it can turn into a tablet.
We use the fujitsu lifebook t939. It is pretty neat but there definitely is a learning curve . I have heard that they might be changing the model soon, but I don't know if it will be for C/O 2025.Do anyone know what type of tablet they provide? I’ve only ever used a laptop so I wanted to research a little more about how to use it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
zooDVM-hopeful
ISU DVM c/o 2025!
Can any current students shine any light on student life at KSU?? 🙂
Also, how many zoo medicine opportunities do they offer students at KSU as compared to other schools?
Also, how many zoo medicine opportunities do they offer students at KSU as compared to other schools?
for zoo medicine, it depends on how much you pursue the opportunities. We have an exotic's club that is very popular and have multiple opportunities throughout the year to work with exotic veterinarians and go shadow at local zoos. The Zoo med and Exotics faculty are very open with students shadowing appointments and trips to the zoo (during non-covid times). I shadowed the department once a week for the first semester until classes just became too much (and morning exams and classes do not help). There is a 3rd year core class for exotic animal medicine and 2 electives you can take in 3rd year spring over exotic companion animals and zoo medicine. Sedgwick County Zoo (Wichita - about a 2 hour drive) takes students for 1-2 weeks as mentorships (which you can get 1 credit for electives for completing). Topeka Zoo also takes student volunteers to help with the animals in sick ward and quarantine as needed. It is really up to you to seek out opportunities and make connections in the zoo field.Can any current students shine any light on student life at KSU?? 🙂
Also, how many zoo medicine opportunities do they offer students at KSU as compared to other schools?
I was wondering if anyone had gotten anything in the mail other than their official letter with the terms and conditions w/ sticker? Just wondering if we would get some more info before a deposit was sent in! Ohio had a crazy snow storm so I have gotten zero mail over the last 3 days 🤣
Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone had gotten anything in the mail other than their official letter with the terms and conditions? Just wondering if we would get some more info before a deposit was sent in! Ohio had a crazy snow storm so I have gotten zero mail over the last 3 days 🤣
Also in Ohio and received mine in the mail.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K