Kansas State University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS acceptance! Congrats guys!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
OOS alternate, but will be removing myself as I was accepted to my IS. Best of luck to everyone, you should be so proud you made it this far!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oos acceptance!! I can't even believe it! 😁😁😁

• Love
OOS ACCEPTED!!!!! Still waiting on Ohio state (my IS) but i would love to go to K-state!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
OOS acceptance!!! I'm over the moon!

• Love
OOS acceptance!! Still waiting to hear from my IS

• Love
OOS alternate again this year! Dangit!!! I so hope I get a call this year

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Is there a Facebook group for class of 2025 yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS acceptance! I’ll most likely be declining my spot so hopefully one of you guys on the waitlist will get bumped up :)

Reactions: 2 users
OOS accepted! I’m still shocked!

• Love
Is there a Facebook group for class of 2025 yet?
Current 1st year: there probably is! You will be invited once you've submitted all your official documents and they've been processed for claiming your spot 😊

Reactions: 1 users
Current 1st year: there probably is! You will be invited once you've submitted all your official documents and they've been processed for claiming your spot

Would you be willing to answer some questions?

1st year ambassador here too! Congrats to all. You will enjoy it here.

• Love
IS acceptance!!

I am shocked and so excited.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
OOS acceptance!! I literally can't believe it! Congrats everyone :)

• Love
OOS accepted! I am looking forward to getting to know you all!

• Love
I will also be turning down my OOS acceptance.

• Care
In state accepted!!

One of the other early admit students started a GroupMe for class of ‘25. If you are certain you’re going to attend KSU, feel free to PM me and I can add you to the GroupMe.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats guys!!!! I’m also a current first year if you have any questions! Feel free to DM me.

OOS alternate, will be declining my seat though so good luck everyone !

OOS alternate, crossing my fingers to get a call!

In state alternate! Pretty bummed, but trying to stay hopeful.

Do any of you Manhattan folks have any suggestions for pet friendly housing? I’ve been looking a little bit online, but it seems that a lot of places have a 2 pet limit or size restriction for dogs. For reference, I have 2 kitties, a ~40lb goldendoodle, and a ~50lb heeler mix.

Do any of you Manhattan folks have any suggestions for pet friendly housing? I’ve been looking a little bit online, but it seems that a lot of places have a 2 pet limit or size restriction for dogs. For reference, I have 2 kitties, a ~40lb goldendoodle, and a ~50lb heeler mix.
I’ve had friends say good stuff about the gramercy and Woodway apartments. My landlord let my household have 3 pets even though we technically were only supposed to have 2. My bf’s landlord is also pretty lenient. I can DM you to give you their contact info. But if I’m being completely honest, anything more than 2 pets will be a stretch, and most places will charge pet rent. I had a hard enough time finding a place for my 1 cat. I also asked a few people what they recommended though and will report back!

I agree with Alley, most apartments are going to be a no go with more than 2 pets. You are definitely going to have to shop around! You might be better off buying a home and selling upon graduation vs renting with that many pets. When contacting landlords definitely flaunt the fact that you will be a vet student, as some will tend to be more willing to bend the rules. From my personal experience, student focused housing communities can be a hit or miss, I personally don’t really like where I live as it can get pretty rowdy with undergrads.

Edit: I am a current graduate student at K-State

Reactions: 2 users
It is going to be harder to find, and maybe a little pricier but you should be able to find a place as long as you give yourself plenty of time. I know someone in my class with over 6 pets who found a house to rent so it is possible. I agree that mentioning you are a vet student may help your chances as well.

My husband and I plan on buying a house instead of renting. We’d be hard pressed to find a rental that would allow 6 dogs and 4 cats. 😂

Do anyone know what type of tablet they provide? I’ve only ever used a laptop so I wanted to research a little more about how to use it.

There is information here: Student Computing Information
I have asked around, and have heard mostly positive things, but others feel free to chime in as well! It is essentially a laptop the screen just flips and it can turn into a tablet.

I was accepted to my in state school today, so I’ll be declining my spot soon! Hope one of you lovely people get it!

Do anyone know what type of tablet they provide? I’ve only ever used a laptop so I wanted to research a little more about how to use it.
We use the fujitsu lifebook t939. It is pretty neat but there definitely is a learning curve . I have heard that they might be changing the model soon, but I don't know if it will be for C/O 2025.

Can any current students shine any light on student life at KSU?? :)
Also, how many zoo medicine opportunities do they offer students at KSU as compared to other schools?

Can any current students shine any light on student life at KSU?? :)
Also, how many zoo medicine opportunities do they offer students at KSU as compared to other schools?
for zoo medicine, it depends on how much you pursue the opportunities. We have an exotic's club that is very popular and have multiple opportunities throughout the year to work with exotic veterinarians and go shadow at local zoos. The Zoo med and Exotics faculty are very open with students shadowing appointments and trips to the zoo (during non-covid times). I shadowed the department once a week for the first semester until classes just became too much (and morning exams and classes do not help). There is a 3rd year core class for exotic animal medicine and 2 electives you can take in 3rd year spring over exotic companion animals and zoo medicine. Sedgwick County Zoo (Wichita - about a 2 hour drive) takes students for 1-2 weeks as mentorships (which you can get 1 credit for electives for completing). Topeka Zoo also takes student volunteers to help with the animals in sick ward and quarantine as needed. It is really up to you to seek out opportunities and make connections in the zoo field.

Until we receive our official acceptance packets in the mail, there is nothing further we need to do in the meantime correct?

I was wondering if anyone had gotten anything in the mail other than their official letter with the terms and conditions w/ sticker? Just wondering if we would get some more info before a deposit was sent in! Ohio had a crazy snow storm so I have gotten zero mail over the last 3 days :rofl:

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone had gotten anything in the mail other than their official letter with the terms and conditions? Just wondering if we would get some more info before a deposit was sent in! Ohio had a crazy snow storm so I have gotten zero mail over the last 3 days :rofl:

Also in Ohio and received mine in the mail.