Kansas State University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
this is so bittersweet because I love K-state but debt is so real! I will be declining my spot to attend my IS school Ohio State. I hope one of you guys gets called off soon!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just turned down my OOS acceptance, hopefully someone on the waitlist will hear soon!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I was wondering the same thing, have you come across the Facebook group yet?
Yes there is a Facebook group already made. They will send you an email invite to it once you accept your position and pay the deposit.

Just declined my OOS seat due to IS acceptance, good luck waitlisters!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys ! Just accepted my seat at KS ! How soon did you guys receive the email with the facebook group invitation?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
It was INCREDIBLY hard, but I just declined my OOS seat for my IS. I absolutely loved K-State, and hope one of you get called off the waitlist. Good luck!

• Care
Declined OOS seat today. This was a tough one. K state is an amazing school and I literally loved everything I saw about it. Good luck to the waitlisters!!! I'm rooting for you!

• Care
Hi guys ! Just accepted my seat at KS ! How soon did you guys receive the email with the facebook group invitation?
I officially accepted my seat on Tuesday, and just got an email today with some housing info and the facebook group invite!

Could any current student tell me a little about on campus housing? The cost? If you have any experience or heard of someone.

Also, does KS have any dressing code?

Members don't see this ad :)
@WanttheDVM the official dress code states "Students in the DVM degree program are expected to dress neatly and to otherwise exemplify professional men and women at all times." In the past this has meant no sweats, hoodies, shorts, T-Shirts. Now this year I honestly haven't paid that much attention to it since what I wear seems to work and we aren't in class in person that much." Hopefully some of the others will chime in.

As far as on campus housing the Jardine apartments are mainly where the vet students that live on campus are. There are lots of affordable off campus apartments and houses that are the preference of most. I personally don't like the vibe of Jardine but I like a quieter place. I'm in a shared off campus apartment and my gf shares a house with a several of her friends. They are very close to the school and could be walked or biked to (I still usually drive).

Reactions: 1 user
Could any current student tell me a little about on campus housing? The cost? If you have any experience or heard of someone.

Also, does KS have any dressing code?

The dress code is pretty loose in my opinion. During orientation our assistant dean basically said that you can meet anyone in the halls so you should dress in a way that you would be okay with if you met someone who could impact your professional career. That being said I regularly wear a hoodie to class soooooo.

I live off campus, so can't really speak to on campus stuff!

Has anyone receive their financial package or any information regarding this?

I am so nervous about the waitlist and how much movement there will be this year.. my only chance this year is to get called off the OOS waitlist!!

• Care
Hi all! So sad because I loved K-state but I will be accepting my seat at my in-state school :1geek: I hope this helps some of y'all! best of luck everyone

• Care
Declined my OOS offer today. Good luck to those waitlisted!!

Reactions: 2 users
I was just called off of the waitlist! I am so, so happy!!

Reactions: 4 users
I was just called off the waitlist!!

Out of state acceptance! I was called around 12! I will be accepting my seat :)

Have any of you not received the Facebook group invite for accepted c/o 2025? I submitted my documents and deposit 04/08!

Originally accepted my OOS offer but I was removed from the waitlist for my IS school so I will be giving up my seat. Good luck to everyone, K-State is an awesome school!

Maybe people are hearing and not posting on the forums, but I am surprised by how quiet it is. Is it possible that the class is already filled? I've seen many people decline their OOS seat, but very few people getting called off of the waitlist.

Maybe people are hearing and not posting on the forums, but I am surprised by how quiet it is. Is it possible that the class is already filled? I've seen many people decline their OOS seat, but very few people getting called off of the waitlist.

That’s what I’m wondering, I’ve been agonizing over if they called anyone Friday/today! I want a call so bad my dream school and only chance this year! So nerve wracking

Kansas State's class is filled. They said they would continue to contact until August as the class continues to change.

Kansas State's class is filled. They said they would continue to contact until August as the class continues to change.

Sad :( totally cried for like 1 minute before our afternoon appointments started BUT not gonna lose hope!

• Care
Got called off of the waitlist today at around 3:30 PM EST! OOS and I will be accepting my seat. Don't lose hope y'all. :)

Hi!!

Has anyone heard if vet school will provide us with tablets? Someone told me that it is included in our school tuition, but I don’t know how true it is. Also, has anyone received their financial aid package? I’m getting a little desperate that the school has been so silent.

Hi!!

Has anyone heard if vet school will provide us with tablets? Someone told me that it is included in our school tuition, but I don’t know how true it is. Also, has anyone received their financial aid package? I’m getting a little desperate that the school has been so silent.
yes, you get a laptop through the school. There is a charge per semester to cover the computer cost. You do not get the financial aid package until after July 1st believe.

Hi!!

I have received my financial aid package last week. When I had a question and reached out to the financial aid office, they mentioned that the HPSL is typically awarded later on in the summer. Maybe reach out to the school?

Thank you so much guys! I’ll reach out to the school

Hi, I see that you said you're doing the one-year master's program. I was wondering if you mind giving me a some information about it and how do you like it? I've just been accepted to start in the summer. Is it online or in person? Does it help get you into their DVM program or is it like a guarantee acceptance if you do well? Thanks!
Hi! I actually just graduated from the program today. The program is entirely in-person. The program does not guarantee acceptance, its policies are similar to LMU's program where they guarantee an interview, but not acceptance. I was waitlisted as an OOS student, but ended up getting to my IS school so it all worked out! If you have any other questions feel free to message me!