Kaplan Online Live Class vs. Princeton Online Live Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Canelife

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello my fellow premeds,
So I registered to take my MCAT on August 3rd, and my plan is to spend my entire summer solely on preparing for the exam. I'm a visual learner, and I also tend to focus on the little details rather than overall concepts when I'm studying. I feel that I need some guidance to grasp all the MCAT course material, so I'm considering taking an online live class course. I'm looking for a course that will help me break down the material strategically and use my study time efficiently. I've heard pros and cons for both Kaplan and Princeton, but I'm still unsure. Any advice?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you're going to hard pressed to find someone who has taken both these courses and if some people have the sample size will be tiny. Rather than base your decision on that, I would go to a bookstore and read a few chapters from TPR and Kaplan. See which style connects with you better. Just remember that neither TPR nor Kaplan make representative practice materials, so you will want to build plenty of time into your schedule to work through the AAMC stuff.

I think you're going to hard pressed to find someone who has taken both these courses and if some people have the sample size will be tiny. Rather than base your decision on that, I would go to a bookstore and read a few chapters from TPR and Kaplan. See which style connects with you better. Just remember that neither TPR nor Kaplan make representative practice materials, so you will want to build plenty of time into your schedule to work through the AAMC stuff.

I'm just finishing biochem, cell molecular biology, and orgo, so I feel like I have those concepts under my belt pretty well. I think what I need to focus most on is practice and test taking strategy. I've looked over both books before from others but very briefly, so I will make sure to do that. My plan is to take a 6-week course from around mid May to the end of June, and then spend all of July working on practice material from both Kaplan and AAMC. Would you say approximately a month is a sufficient amount of time to go over AAMC material?

I'm just finishing biochem, cell molecular biology, and orgo, so I feel like I have those concepts under my belt pretty well. I think what I need to focus most on is practice and test taking strategy. I've looked over both books before from others but very briefly, so I will make sure to do that. My plan is to take a 6-week course from around mid May to the end of June, and then spend all of July working on practice material from both Kaplan and AAMC. Would you say approximately a month is a sufficient amount of time to go over AAMC material?

Keep in mind that most courses are mostly content review. Content is what fills pages and lecture minutes. If you think you're up to speed on the content, why don't you just blow through something concise like EK in two weeks and then spend the bulk of your time doing practice? There is no shortage of decent practice material out there.