KCOM is still interviewing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluejay

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone waiting on an acceptance that applied to KCOM call them up and see if you can get an interview. They just called me for one, but I turned it down because I've already decided on Nova.

Members don't see this ad.

It is my understanding the the interviewing KCOM is doing now is to provide two options to the people they interview. 1. for a spot on the waitlist. 2. for an automatic acceptance into the class that starts fall of 2002.

I think this is what they have been doing for the last month. I am not an authority though on this so don't quote me.

What in the world would they still be interviewing for? Seems like they already should have a wait list to take up any empty slots, and as for interviewing people for next year's cycle- that doesn't seem to make sense. Any other schools still doing that?

Members don't see this ad :)
muonwhiz is right.... That's pretty unfair for those sitting on the waitlist!!! :(

Here I am trying my best to post up and ask for people to give some of their multiple acceptances away and now I hear that KCOM is still interviewing for acceptances for 2002.... while they've already started a waitlist.... This seems soooooo UNFAIR!!! :mad:

Soooo, what is KCOM up to? :rolleyes:

I don't know what the reasoning is for their persistance in interviewing this late in the game, but if it bothers you call up the admissions office and ask them. I have found the people here to be very candid and helpful.

KCOM2005.... I'm already accepted to medical school. So my comment was in support for those that are in the waitlist... Be honest, don't you think it seems unfair though?!

I guess I really don't know the whole story, but from what I do know is that some people are still being interviewed and I also know some people on their waitlist.... Soooo with that logic, I think something a bit unfair is going on no matter how you see it....

For those of you waitlisted for KCOM, you might want to find out and call.... Just a suggestion....