KCU Class of 2021

Started by SurgDoc95
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hi everyone, I am in the process of ordering my med kit. I was wondering if anyone had opinions on if the upgrades to the Otoscope is worth the extra 70 dollars to a Beta 400 Fiber Optic Otoscope with LED light?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would spending 1000 be overkill? I'm from S FL so I tend to pay around 1200-1300 usually for a double (split of course)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When exactly do we need our med kit by? I am incurring a lot of moving expenses and want to get it when I need it.
 
Having lived in Boston for a while I too am a sox fan. Glad to see another going to KC. Hopefully we will be treated with kindness as I'll be decked in sox gear.

I'm happy to see other Boston people going to KC. My wife and I have been in Boston for the past 5 years. I don't know how KC will feel compared to Boston, but I'm gonna miss being able to get everywhere without a car.
 
Awesome! I lived in backbay. What about you? Luckily almost all street parking in KC and parking in general besides the garages seem to be free which is amazing. But yeah...no T unfortunately

I've lived in a few different places, most recently in Cambridge right off Alewife Station. My wife and I are already homesick, LOL.
 
Bump 🙁

They will tell you Day 1. Realty is that you will learn how to use the stuff on the first lab, then not use your full kit again until the end of the first semester. Get a steth asap. You will use it a lot. Borrow a friends kit for the first lab. Buy your kit after your loan funds come in if you are tight.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
I am. I will be moving in July 10th or 11th to CT. Do you know how many people are in the summer learning program?

I have no idea. Its going to be in a lecture hall that holds almost 200 people. So no more than that many and no less than 2.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hoping someone can confirm when our loans kick in. I have two papers.. one has an August date, and one says next week Wednesday.

Hoping it's the latter (so excited to go to Costco. Omg.)


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Hoping someone can confirm when our loans kick in. I have two papers.. one has an August date, and one says next week Wednesday.

Hoping it's the latter (so excited to go to Costco. Omg.)


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So if you go to NetPartner you will see the date the disbursement was released to your KCU account, if you add 2 weeks to that that's the absolute maximum time before you will get your loan money 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad