KCU Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe the same questions were thrown out at Joplin as KC. We averaged 82.2%.

Members don't see this ad.

Mostly just paranoid and attending every tutoring session. About half the class is at each one.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone finding it a heck of a lot easier to get into a consistent workout routine now that classes have started? Idk if I just had too much time this summer or what but now that we have such a constrained time frame every day I find myself doing it more lol

Anyone finding it a heck of a lot easier to get into a consistent workout routine now that classes have started? Idk if I just had too much time this summer or what but now that we have such a constrained time frame every day I find myself doing it more lol

You learn to prioritize and manage your time more efficiently.

Immuno lectures are up guys! I will be at the library previewing the slides let me know if you want to join!

Jk going to power and light

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yo dude the complement cascade will f*** ur membrane, throw ur a** on the most wanted list, and steal ur girl, before you even get a chance to scratch ur bacterial bawlz.

RESPECT THE CASCADE

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You don't need to know it exactly. But knowing that C3a is an opsin and is related to a range of autoimmune disorders and that c3b cleaves c5 and that c5-9 is important for killing neisseria species is very very high yield.

That being said if you feel like you don't get it there are probably youtube videos that can teach you how to memorize it in 10 minutes. Kind of like how you can easily do the clotting cascade by counting down from 12 to 8 and then 5, 2, 1.

Reactions: 1 users
You don't need to know it exactly. But knowing that C3a is an opsin and is related to a range of autoimmune disorders and that c3b cleaves c5 and that c5-9 is important for killing neisseria species is very very high yield.

That being said if you feel like you don't get it there are probably youtube videos that can teach you how to memorize it in 10 minutes. Kind of like how you can easily do the clotting cascade by counting down from 12 to 8 and then 5, 2, 1.

C3b is the opsin according to our quiz yesterday;)

It gets better after the first 2 years. I hated 2nd year and studying for boards.

Yah, the worst day of 3rd year is probably better than the best day of boards. And then when you're in a rotation that you actually sincerely enjoy, it's elation and joy.

So what is the KC perspective on our MSK test? Joplin is feeling slightly hurt by the whole thing. Slightly meaning pitchfork-mob.

So what is the KC perspective on our MSK test? Joplin is feeling slightly hurt by the whole thing. Slightly meaning pitchfork-mob.
Lol it sucked! Especially when you miss questions because of one misspelled word several times:(

Im in KC. I thought the exam was fair and very representative of what we learned. Most people I spoke with in KC feel the same way.

Im in KC. I thought the exam was fair and very representative of what we learned. Most people I spoke with in KC feel the same way.
Fair and representative? When the class average on both is a mid/low 70 I wouldn’t necessarily describe it as such.

Fair and representative? When the class average on both is a mid/low 70 I wouldn’t necessarily describe it as such.

I studied nothing but the material given to us and did very well. There were no questions asked based on information that wasn't given to us. By those metrics, I call it fair and representative.

I studied nothing but the material given to us and did very well. There were no questions asked based on information that wasn't given to us. By those metrics, I call it fair and representative.
I did fine as well, but to base an overall assessment of the exam based simply off how you did and the few people you spoke to is not a good reference point. When our class as a whole, all 442 of us, did fairly poor (overall 75.4% average) it means the exam was difficult and that a majority of people didn’t do well.

I did fine as well, but to base an overall assessment of the exam based simply off how you did and the few people you spoke to is not a good reference point. When our class as a whole, all 442 of us, did fairly poor (overall 75.4% average) it means the exam was difficult and that a majority of people didn’t do well.

It's interesting that you just stated that the exam was difficult while before you were stating it wasn't fair. Those are not the same thing. Sure, the exam may have been difficult. Welcome to medical school. Just because it was difficult doesn't mean it was unfair. I stand by my statement that it was fair and representative.

I am not basing my overall assessment of the exam based on anecdotal evidence, I am basing it off the fact that everything that was asked was in material that was given to us. That is what made the exam fair. If the exam contained material that wasn't given to us, that would be unfair, but that wasn't the case.

There were several things in the tests that Joplin was not taught or told we needed to know. Our list of required terms for the practicum, for example, did not included everything the KC list did. However, come practical time we find out that our campus was expected to know everything from your list. It is possible that brought down the average quite a lot. Being a new campus is a pain sometimes.

It's interesting that you just stated that the exam was difficult while before you were stating it wasn't fair. Those are not the same thing. Sure, the exam may have been difficult. Welcome to medical school. Just because it was difficult doesn't mean it was unfair. I stand by my statement that it was fair and representative.

I am not basing my overall assessment of the exam based on anecdotal evidence, I am basing it off the fact that everything that was asked was in material that was given to us. That is what made the exam fair. If the exam contained material that wasn't given to us, that would be unfair, but that wasn't the case.
Thank you for that assessment:rolleyes:

So a 10 percent curve just to Joplin... someone be Donald trump and tell me this is fake news please

@DOCzilla15
I won't try to convince you that it is fair, but we were not informed that we needed to know the KC list for our anatomy practical. In fact, it was released to us and our professors specifically told us to ignore it and only review the material we were presented for the practical. Some time on the Saturday, our instructors were informed that we had to use the KC list, but we still were not informed. The 5 questions we were given back as 'all answers accepted' were almost universally missed here. It's kind of like the eosinophil question you guys got back from HDM, but we got a few more of them.

@DOCzilla15
I won't try to convince you that it is fair, but we were not informed that we needed to know the KC list for our anatomy practical. In fact, it was released to us and our professors specifically told us to ignore it and only review the material we were presented for the practical. Some time on the Saturday, our instructors were informed that we had to use the KC list, but we still were not informed. The 5 questions we were given back as 'all answers accepted' were almost universally missed here. It's kind of like the eosinophil question you guys got back from HDM, but we got a few more of them.

We get them back as well now, but it still doesn’t change that it’s now been twice that our average at KC Campus and the curve is being effected because of the Joplin campus. That’s not on you guys, but the administration needs to get this fixed sooner rather than later.

@DrRedstone I’m curious what y’all down at Joplin thought about the written final? Seems the consensus at KC was that yet again they failed to proof read the exam...

@RamsFan&FutureDO Definitely need to proofread more. Personally, I don't break my foot when I punch something. It's a little annoying.

Damn, average for the final was low. So like half the class technically failed the exam then?

So we recently got a copy of the KC dissection guide for the thoracic cavity. It's beautiful. No wonder we did so poorly on anatomy.

So we recently got a copy of the KC dissection guide for the thoracic cavity. It's beautiful. No wonder we did so poorly on anatomy.

I’m not gonna lie, I’ve maybe looked at it once in passing except for the structure list. I feel like a good amount of the KC Campus did about the same for MSK too, but it’s unfortunate the materials still aren’t standardized between campuses.