KCUMB Discussion Thread 2010-2011

Started by ShyRem
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The more the merrier! Hopefully you've joined the facebook group (I've only been able to identify a few people to match facebooks to SDN usernames haha)

I'm so lame guys, I've never had a facebook, but I think, the KCUMB 2015 page just might be worth setting one up
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The more the merrier! Hopefully you've joined the facebook group (I've only been able to identify a few people to match facebooks to SDN usernames haha)

I'd be the only one from ND..I think. Is there a way to search in the group for a certain state (or any other factor) on Facebook? I don't use it very often so I'm not very 'fcbk'-literate...

and 6 months feels like forever when it's 40 BELOW ZERO with windchill! can't wait for a warmer winter.
 
I'd be the only one from ND..I think. Is there a way to search in the group for a certain state (or any other factor) on Facebook? I don't use it very often so I'm not very 'fcbk'-literate...

and 6 months feels like forever when it's 40 BELOW ZERO with windchill! can't wait for a warmer winter.

40 below, blimey thats brutal. Has anyone else been planning on making a spring trip to KC to scout out places to live?
 
Haha sure. At the bar I'll buy us a beer, then you can buy one in reply 😉

Deal 👍

I'd be the only one from ND..I think. Is there a way to search in the group for a certain state (or any other factor) on Facebook? I don't use it very often so I'm not very 'fcbk'-literate...

and 6 months feels like forever when it's 40 BELOW ZERO with windchill! can't wait for a warmer winter.

Hmmm, it looks like it's going to be good where I am tomorrow...:meanie:
 
Last edited:
Hello fellow KCUMBers. Quick question. As a California resident I would love to eventually make it back to the sunshine. When I interviewed, my interviewer said I could come back to CA for rotations but after looking at the list of affiliated hospitals, I realized there aren't any CA rotation sites. Are we allowed to set up our own rotations or what's the deal? 😕
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello fellow KCUMBers. Quick question. As a California resident I would love to eventually make it back to the sunshine. When I interviewed, my interviewer said I could come back to CA for rotations but after looking at the list of affiliated hospitals, I realized there aren't any CA rotation sites. Are we allowed to set up our own rotations or what's the deal? 😕

They were talking about your 4th year rotation, you can do audition rotations in Cali based on what you're intersted in.
 
has anyone had any luck finding the residency match list????? it's nowhere like it doesn't even exist...shouldn't this be something important to find before making a decision about a school??

I asked the student ambassadors and my interviewers and no one seems to know anything about it...it just seems a little odd!!
 
Hello fellow KCUMBers. Quick question. As a California resident I would love to eventually make it back to the sunshine. When I interviewed, my interviewer said I could come back to CA for rotations but after looking at the list of affiliated hospitals, I realized there aren't any CA rotation sites. Are we allowed to set up our own rotations or what's the deal? 😕

Basically what wolfie said, if you want to do residency somewhere then just do all your audition rotations here. Also, I'll respond to your PM in a minute.

has anyone had any luck finding the residency match list????? it's nowhere like it doesn't even exist...shouldn't this be something important to find before making a decision about a school??

I asked the student ambassadors and my interviewers and no one seems to know anything about it...it just seems a little odd!!

Class of 09: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=83616587344&v=wall

MightyMoose also sent me a list via PM from the KCUMB website but I can't find it in my inbox for whatever reason, if you ask him I'm sure he can direct you to it. It's there, just a bit difficult to find for some reason. Brace yourself for it when you do get to it, it's off the hook. Specialty matches EVERYWHERE, more than any other DO school list I've seen.
 
Last edited:
Basically what wolfie said, if you want to do residency in CA (like me) then just do all your audition rotations here. Also, I'll respond to your PM in a minute.



Class of 09: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=83616587344&v=wall

MightyMoose also sent me a list via PM from the KCUMB website but I can't find it in my inbox for whatever reason, if you ask him I'm sure he can direct you to it. It's there, just a bit difficult to find for some reason. Brace yourself for it when you do get to it, it's off the hook. Specialty matches EVERYWHERE, more than any other DO school list I've seen.

thanks I'll have a look at those and PM mightymoose too...
 
Here's the source just had to do a little searching for you all... http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=9600082&highlight=kcumb#post9600082

Just a general comment. I go to KCUMB and really like it and am very confident I will get into the program I want to do. Some people in my class that dont like the school chose the school simply because we had better listed matches than the other school they were choosing between. Even if matches are impressive, keep in mind that there are no stats published which will tell you what % matched first choice/second choice. At the same time, people think that going to DMU would give you an advantage if you wanted to do surgery because it is a second year course taught there, but %wise KCUMB has just as many people going into surgery each year.

Dermatology Wilford Hall Medical Center - San Antonio, TX
Diagnostic Radiology University of Cincinnati College of Medicine - Cincinnati, OH
Diagnostic Radiology University of South Alabama - Mobile, AL
Diagnostic Radiology Grandview Hospital - Dayton, OH
Emergency Medicine Albert Einstein Medical Center - Philadelphia, PA
Emergency Medicine Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Emergency Medicine St. John Health System
Emergency Medicine Truman Medical Center Lakewood - Kansas City, MO
Emergency Medicine Freeman Health System - Joplin, MO
Emergency Medicine University of Mississippi Medical Center - Jackson, MS
Emergency Medicine Wilford Hall Medical Center - San Antonio, TX
Emergency Medicine University of Missouri-Kansas City - Kansas City, MO
Emergency Medicine Geisinger Health System - Danville, PA
Emergency Medicine Naval Medical Center - Portsmouth, VA
Emergency Medicine Memorial Hospital - York, PA
Emergency Medicine Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Emergency Medicine Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center - Toledo, OH
Emergency Medicine Oakwood Southshore Medical Center - Trenton, MI
Emergency Medicine St. Michael’s Medical Center - Newark, NJ
Emergency Medicine Mount Clemens Regional Medical Center- Mount Clemens, MI
Emergency Medicine Midwestern University - Chicago, IL
Emergency Medicine St. Barnabas Hospital - Bronx, NY
Emergency Medicine St. Louis University - St. Louis, MO
Emergency Medicine St. James Olympia Fields Hospital - Chicago, IL
Emergency Medicine Johns Hopkins - Baltimore, MD
Emergency Medicine Freeman Health System - Joplin, MO
Emergency Medicine Albert Einstein Medical Center - Philadelphia, PA
Emergency Medicine Oakwood Southshore Medical Center - Trenton, MI
Emergency Medicine St. John Health System - Warren, MI
Emergency Medicine Genesis Regional Medical Center - Grand Blanc, MI
Emergency Medicine / Family Medicine LSU Health Sciences Center - Shrevport, LA
Family Medicine UAMS-AHEC - Pine Bluff, AR
Family Medicine SUMMA Akron Hospital - Akron, OH
Family Medicine St. Joseph Regional Medical Center - South Bend, IN
Family Medicine Cox Hospital - Springfield, MO
Family Medicine Wesley Family Medicine - Wichita, KS
Family Medicine Medical Center of Southeastern Oklahoma - Durant, OK
Family Medicine Oakwood Annapolis Hospital - Wayne, MI
Family Medicine Truman Medical Center Lakewood - Kansas City, MO
Family Medicine University of Minnesota North Memorial - Minneapolis, MN
Family Medicine University of Washington - Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center - Spokane, WA
Family Medicine Good Samaritan - Phoenix, AZ
Family Medicine St. Anthony North - Westminster, CO
Family Medicine St. Anthony North - Westminster, CO
Family Medicine Wesley Family Medicine - Wichita, KS
Family Medicine Via Christi Family Medicine - Wichita, KS
Family Medicine Siouxland Medical Educational Foundation - Sioux City, IA
Family Medicine Texas Tech University - El Paso, TX
Family Medicine Huntsville Hospital - Huntsville, AL
Family Medicine Florida Hospital East - Orlando, FL
Family Medicine Research Medical Center - Kansas City, MO
Family Medicine Northeast Iowa family Medicine Residency Program - Waterloo, IA
Family Medicine Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Family Medicine Columbia-St. Mary’s - Milwaukee, WI
Family Medicine Wesley Family Medicine - Wichita, KS
Family Medicine Research Medical Center - Kansas City, MO
Family Medicine Via Christi Family Medicine - Wichita, KS
Family Medicine Franklin Square Hospital - Baltimore, MD
Family Medicine Via Christi Family Medicine - Wichita, KS
Family Medicine Grant’s Medical Center - Columbus, OH
Family Medicine University of Missouri-Kansas City - Kansas City, MO
Family Medicine Broadlawns Medical Center - Des Moines, IA
Family Medicine Oregon Health and Science University - Portland, OR
Family Medicine St. Petersburg General Hospital - St. Petersburg, FL
Family Medicine Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Family Medicine Naval Hospital Bremerton - WA
Family Medicine Rose Family Medicine Residency - Denver, CO
Family Medicine In His Image at Hilcrest - Tulsa, OK
Family Medicine Wesley Family Medicine - Wichita, KS
Family Medicine Truman Medical Center Lakewood - Kansas City, MO
Family Medicine St.John Providence - Southfield, MI
Family Medicine Naval Hospital - Jacksonville, FL
Family Medicine Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Family Medicine Central Washington Family Medicine - Yakima, WA
Family Medicine Cox Hospital - Springfield, MO
Family Medicine Eglin Air Force Base - FL
Family Medicine Baptist South - Montgomery, AL
Family Medicine Des Peres Hospital - St. Louis, MO
General Surgery Henry Ford Wyandotte - Detroit, MI
General Surgery Pontiac Osteopathic Hosptial - Pontiac, MI
General Surgery William Beaumont Army Medical Center - El Paso, TX
General Surgery Truman Medical Center Lakewood - Kansas City, MO
General Surgery Exempia St. Joseph’s Hospital - Denver, CO
General Surgery University of South Alabama - Mobile, AL
General Surgery PCOM - Philadelphia, PA
General Surgery Des Peres Hospital - St. Louis, MO
General Surgery University of Missouri-Kansas City - Kansas City, MO
General Surgery Paterson, NJ
General Surgery Des Moines University Mercy Medical - Des Moines, IA
General Surgery Mercy Medical Center - Des Moines, IA
General Surgery Wright State University - Dayton, OH
General Surgery Kansas University - Wichita, KS
General Surgery Henry Ford Wyandotte - Detroit, MI
General Surgery Banner Good Samaritan - Phoenix, AZ
Internal Medicine St. John Macomb Hospital - Warren, MI
Internal Medicine University of Missouri-Kansas City - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine PCOM - Philadelphia, PA
Internal Medicine University of Missouri-Kansas City - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine Naval Medical Center - San Diego, Ca
Internal Medicine Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine Greenville Hospital System - University of South Carolina
Internal Medicine Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine Freeman Health System - Joplin, MO
Internal Medicine University of Missouri-Kansas City - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine Grandview Hospital - Dayton, OH
Internal Medicine University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - Camden, NJ
Internal Medicine University of Louisville - Louisville, KY
Internal Medicine Methodist Health System - Dallas, TX
Internal Medicine University of Missouri-Kansas City - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine University of Oklahoma - Tulsa, OK
Internal Medicine Plaza Medical Center - Ft. Worth, TX
Internal Medicine University of Missouri - Columbia, MO
Internal Medicine University of Missouri-Kansas City - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine University of Southern California - Los Angeles, CA
Internal Medicine Henry Ford Hospital - Warren, MI
Internal Medicine University of Missouri-Kansas City - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine Valley Hospital - Las Vegas, NV
Internal Medicine Lackland Air Force Base - San Antonio, TX
Internal Medicine University of Cincinnati College of Medicine - Cincinnati, OH
Internal Medicine Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine University of Kansas - Kansas City, KS
Internal Medicine University of Kansas - Kansas City, KS
Internal Medicine University of Texas Medical School - Houston, TX
Internal Medicine Verde Valley Medical Center - Cottonwood, AZ
Internal Medicine Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine Naval Medical Center - Portsmouth, VA
Internal Medicine University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics
Internal Medicine Botsford General Hospital - Novi, MI
Internal Medicine St. Luke’s Hospital - Bethlehem, PA
Internal Medicine Columbia Hospital - West Palm Beach, FL
Internal Medicine University of South Alabama - Mobile, AL
Internal Medicine Corpus Christi, TX
Internal Medicine Magnolia Regional Medical Center - Corinth, MS
Internal Medicine Drexel University/Hahnemann Hospital - Philadelphia, PA
Internal Medicine University of Kansas - Wichita, KS
Internal Medicine St. John’s Mercy Medical Center - St. Louis, MO
Internal Medicine / Pediatrics Children’s Mercy/Truman - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine / Pediatrics University of Tennessee - Memphis, TN
Navy Internship Naval Medical Center - Portsmouth, VA
Neurology Loyola University - Maywood, IL
Neurology Grandview Hospital - Dayton, OH
Neurology Drexel University/Hahnemann Hospital - Philadelphia, PA
Neurology Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Neurology University of Iowa - Iowa City, IA
Neurology Botsford Hospital - Farmington Hills, MI
Obstetrics/Gynecology Providence Hospital - Southfield, MI
Obstetrics/Gynecology Summa Akron Hospital - Akron, OH
Obstetrics/Gynecology Mercy Health Partners - Muskegon, MI
Obstetrics/Gynecology St. John Macomb Hospital - Warren, MI
Obstetrics/Gynecology St. John Macomb Hospital - Warren, MI
Obstetrics/Gynecology Doctors Hospital - Columbus, OH
Obstetrics/Gynecology University of Missouri-Kansas City - Kansas City, MO
Obstetrics/Gynecology Mount Clemens Regional Medical Center- Mount Clemens, MI
Obstetrics/Gynecology St. John Health System - Warren, MI
Obstetrics/Gynecology Kansas University - Wichita, KS
Obstetrics/Gynecology St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center - Hartford, CT
Obstetrics/Gynecology Mount Clemens Regional Medical Center- Mount Clemens, MI
Orthopedic Surgery OSI - Kansas City, MO
Orthopedic Surgery Moreno Valley, CA
Orthopedic Surgery Ingham Regional Medical Center - Lansing, MI
Orthopedic Surgery NYCOM - Peninsula Hospital - Far Rockaway, NY
Orthopedic Surgery Broward General Medical Center - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Orthopedic Surgery University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - Stratford, NJ
Orthopedic Surgery PCOM - Philadelphia, PA
Orthopedic Surgery Madigan Army Medical Center -
Orthopedic Surgery OSI - Kansas City, MO
Orthopedic Surgery St. Mary’s HospitalI - Kansas City, MO
Orthopedic Surgery Oklahoma State University - Tulsa, OK
Orthopedic Surgery Riverside County Regional Medical Center - Moreno Valley, California
Otolaryngology/Fascial Plastics Freeman Health System - Joplin, MO
Pathology Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Pathology University of Missouri - Columbia, MO
Pathology Brooke Army Medical Center -
Pathology Cleveland Clinic - Cleveland, OH
Pathology Ohio State University Medical Center - Columbus, OH
Pediatrics Children’s Mercy - Kansas City, MO
Pediatrics LSU - Children’s Hospital - New Orleans, LA
Pediatrics University of Missouri Children’s Hospital - Columbia, MO
Pediatrics Children’s Mercy - Kansas City, MO
Pediatrics Children’s Mercy - Kansas City, MO
Pediatrics St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children - Philadelphia, PA
Pediatrics Camden, NJ
Pediatrics St. John Hospital - Detroit, MI
Pediatrics Cincinnati Children’s Hospital - Cincinnati, OH
Pediatrics University of Oklahoma - Tulsa, OK
Pediatrics Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital - St. Louis, MO
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Baylor University Medical Center - Dallas, TX
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Georgetown University - Washington D.C
Psychiatry Banner Good Samaritan - Phoenix, AZ
Psychiatry Loyola University - Maywood, IL
Psychiatry Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Psychiatry University of Missouri - Columbia, MO
Radiology Oakwood Southshore Medical Center - Trenton, MI
Radiology Christiana Care - Newark, NJ
Radiology OSF Saint Francis Medical Center - Peoria, IL
Radiology University of Mississippi Medical Center - Jackson, MS
Traditional Internship Capital Regional Medical Center - Jefferson City, MO
Traditional Internship St. Vincent Mercy Medical Center - Toledo, OH
Traditional Internship University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - Camden, NJ
Traditional Internship Oklahoma City
Traditional Internship Botsford General Hospital - Novi, MI
Transitional Internship William Beaumont Army Medical Center - El Paso, TX
Urology University of Florida-Shands Hospital - Gainsville, FL
 
I'd be the only one from ND..I think. Is there a way to search in the group for a certain state (or any other factor) on Facebook? I don't use it very often so I'm not very 'fcbk'-literate...

and 6 months feels like forever when it's 40 BELOW ZERO with windchill! can't wait for a warmer winter.

If I remember correctly I think one of the student guides during my interview was from North Dakota...
 
Basically what wolfie said, if you want to do residency in CA (like me) then just do all your audition rotations here. Also, I'll respond to your PM in a minute.



Class of 09: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=83616587344&v=wall

MightyMoose also sent me a list via PM from the KCUMB website but I can't find it in my inbox for whatever reason, if you ask him I'm sure he can direct you to it. It's there, just a bit difficult to find for some reason. Brace yourself for it when you do get to it, it's off the hook. Specialty matches EVERYWHERE, more than any other DO school list I've seen.

I'm not sure which list, but I'm guessing you mean the match lists. Let me see if I can find them again.

thanks I'll have a look at those and PM mightymoose too...

I think these are what Mega is referring to:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=7418998&postcount=224

It has the 2007 and 2008 match lists.

I had to use the FB page to check on some matches for 2009 as well.

Here's the source just had to do a little searching for you all... http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=9600082&highlight=kcumb#post9600082

Just a general comment. I go to KCUMB and really like it and am very confident I will get into the program I want to do. Some people in my class that dont like the school chose the school simply because we had better listed matches than the other school they were choosing between. Even if matches are impressive, keep in mind that there are no stats published which will tell you what % matched first choice/second choice. At the same time, people think that going to DMU would give you an advantage if you wanted to do surgery because it is a second year course taught there, but %wise KCUMB has just as many people going into surgery each year.

Dermatology Wilford Hall Medical Center - San Antonio, TX
Diagnostic Radiology University of Cincinnati College of Medicine - Cincinnati, OH
Diagnostic Radiology University of South Alabama - Mobile, AL
Diagnostic Radiology Grandview Hospital - Dayton, OH
Emergency Medicine Albert Einstein Medical Center - Philadelphia, PA
Emergency Medicine Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Emergency Medicine St. John Health System
Emergency Medicine Truman Medical Center Lakewood - Kansas City, MO
Emergency Medicine Freeman Health System - Joplin, MO
Emergency Medicine University of Mississippi Medical Center - Jackson, MS
Emergency Medicine Wilford Hall Medical Center - San Antonio, TX
Emergency Medicine University of Missouri-Kansas City - Kansas City, MO
Emergency Medicine Geisinger Health System - Danville, PA
Emergency Medicine Naval Medical Center - Portsmouth, VA
Emergency Medicine Memorial Hospital - York, PA
Emergency Medicine Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Emergency Medicine Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center - Toledo, OH
Emergency Medicine Oakwood Southshore Medical Center - Trenton, MI
Emergency Medicine St. Michael’s Medical Center - Newark, NJ
Emergency Medicine Mount Clemens Regional Medical Center- Mount Clemens, MI
Emergency Medicine Midwestern University - Chicago, IL
Emergency Medicine St. Barnabas Hospital - Bronx, NY
Emergency Medicine St. Louis University - St. Louis, MO
Emergency Medicine St. James Olympia Fields Hospital - Chicago, IL
Emergency Medicine Johns Hopkins - Baltimore, MD
Emergency Medicine Freeman Health System - Joplin, MO
Emergency Medicine Albert Einstein Medical Center - Philadelphia, PA
Emergency Medicine Oakwood Southshore Medical Center - Trenton, MI
Emergency Medicine St. John Health System - Warren, MI
Emergency Medicine Genesis Regional Medical Center - Grand Blanc, MI
Emergency Medicine / Family Medicine LSU Health Sciences Center - Shrevport, LA
Family Medicine UAMS-AHEC - Pine Bluff, AR
Family Medicine SUMMA Akron Hospital - Akron, OH
Family Medicine St. Joseph Regional Medical Center - South Bend, IN
Family Medicine Cox Hospital - Springfield, MO
Family Medicine Wesley Family Medicine - Wichita, KS
Family Medicine Medical Center of Southeastern Oklahoma - Durant, OK
Family Medicine Oakwood Annapolis Hospital - Wayne, MI
Family Medicine Truman Medical Center Lakewood - Kansas City, MO
Family Medicine University of Minnesota North Memorial - Minneapolis, MN
Family Medicine University of Washington - Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center - Spokane, WA
Family Medicine Good Samaritan - Phoenix, AZ
Family Medicine St. Anthony North - Westminster, CO
Family Medicine St. Anthony North - Westminster, CO
Family Medicine Wesley Family Medicine - Wichita, KS
Family Medicine Via Christi Family Medicine - Wichita, KS
Family Medicine Siouxland Medical Educational Foundation - Sioux City, IA
Family Medicine Texas Tech University - El Paso, TX
Family Medicine Huntsville Hospital - Huntsville, AL
Family Medicine Florida Hospital East - Orlando, FL
Family Medicine Research Medical Center - Kansas City, MO
Family Medicine Northeast Iowa family Medicine Residency Program - Waterloo, IA
Family Medicine Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Family Medicine Columbia-St. Mary’s - Milwaukee, WI
Family Medicine Wesley Family Medicine - Wichita, KS
Family Medicine Research Medical Center - Kansas City, MO
Family Medicine Via Christi Family Medicine - Wichita, KS
Family Medicine Franklin Square Hospital - Baltimore, MD
Family Medicine Via Christi Family Medicine - Wichita, KS
Family Medicine Grant’s Medical Center - Columbus, OH
Family Medicine University of Missouri-Kansas City - Kansas City, MO
Family Medicine Broadlawns Medical Center - Des Moines, IA
Family Medicine Oregon Health and Science University - Portland, OR
Family Medicine St. Petersburg General Hospital - St. Petersburg, FL
Family Medicine Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Family Medicine Naval Hospital Bremerton - WA
Family Medicine Rose Family Medicine Residency - Denver, CO
Family Medicine In His Image at Hilcrest - Tulsa, OK
Family Medicine Wesley Family Medicine - Wichita, KS
Family Medicine Truman Medical Center Lakewood - Kansas City, MO
Family Medicine St.John Providence - Southfield, MI
Family Medicine Naval Hospital - Jacksonville, FL
Family Medicine Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Family Medicine Central Washington Family Medicine - Yakima, WA
Family Medicine Cox Hospital - Springfield, MO
Family Medicine Eglin Air Force Base - FL
Family Medicine Baptist South - Montgomery, AL
Family Medicine Des Peres Hospital - St. Louis, MO
General Surgery Henry Ford Wyandotte - Detroit, MI
General Surgery Pontiac Osteopathic Hosptial - Pontiac, MI
General Surgery William Beaumont Army Medical Center - El Paso, TX
General Surgery Truman Medical Center Lakewood - Kansas City, MO
General Surgery Exempia St. Joseph’s Hospital - Denver, CO
General Surgery University of South Alabama - Mobile, AL
General Surgery PCOM - Philadelphia, PA
General Surgery Des Peres Hospital - St. Louis, MO
General Surgery University of Missouri-Kansas City - Kansas City, MO
General Surgery Paterson, NJ
General Surgery Des Moines University Mercy Medical - Des Moines, IA
General Surgery Mercy Medical Center - Des Moines, IA
General Surgery Wright State University - Dayton, OH
General Surgery Kansas University - Wichita, KS
General Surgery Henry Ford Wyandotte - Detroit, MI
General Surgery Banner Good Samaritan - Phoenix, AZ
Internal Medicine St. John Macomb Hospital - Warren, MI
Internal Medicine University of Missouri-Kansas City - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine PCOM - Philadelphia, PA
Internal Medicine University of Missouri-Kansas City - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine Naval Medical Center - San Diego, Ca
Internal Medicine Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine Greenville Hospital System - University of South Carolina
Internal Medicine Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine Freeman Health System - Joplin, MO
Internal Medicine University of Missouri-Kansas City - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine Grandview Hospital - Dayton, OH
Internal Medicine University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - Camden, NJ
Internal Medicine University of Louisville - Louisville, KY
Internal Medicine Methodist Health System - Dallas, TX
Internal Medicine University of Missouri-Kansas City - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine University of Oklahoma - Tulsa, OK
Internal Medicine Plaza Medical Center - Ft. Worth, TX
Internal Medicine University of Missouri - Columbia, MO
Internal Medicine University of Missouri-Kansas City - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine University of Southern California - Los Angeles, CA
Internal Medicine Henry Ford Hospital - Warren, MI
Internal Medicine University of Missouri-Kansas City - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine Valley Hospital - Las Vegas, NV
Internal Medicine Lackland Air Force Base - San Antonio, TX
Internal Medicine University of Cincinnati College of Medicine - Cincinnati, OH
Internal Medicine Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine University of Kansas - Kansas City, KS
Internal Medicine University of Kansas - Kansas City, KS
Internal Medicine University of Texas Medical School - Houston, TX
Internal Medicine Verde Valley Medical Center - Cottonwood, AZ
Internal Medicine Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine Naval Medical Center - Portsmouth, VA
Internal Medicine University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics
Internal Medicine Botsford General Hospital - Novi, MI
Internal Medicine St. Luke’s Hospital - Bethlehem, PA
Internal Medicine Columbia Hospital - West Palm Beach, FL
Internal Medicine University of South Alabama - Mobile, AL
Internal Medicine Corpus Christi, TX
Internal Medicine Magnolia Regional Medical Center - Corinth, MS
Internal Medicine Drexel University/Hahnemann Hospital - Philadelphia, PA
Internal Medicine University of Kansas - Wichita, KS
Internal Medicine St. John’s Mercy Medical Center - St. Louis, MO
Internal Medicine / Pediatrics Children’s Mercy/Truman - Kansas City, MO
Internal Medicine / Pediatrics University of Tennessee - Memphis, TN
Navy Internship Naval Medical Center - Portsmouth, VA
Neurology Loyola University - Maywood, IL
Neurology Grandview Hospital - Dayton, OH
Neurology Drexel University/Hahnemann Hospital - Philadelphia, PA
Neurology Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Neurology University of Iowa - Iowa City, IA
Neurology Botsford Hospital - Farmington Hills, MI
Obstetrics/Gynecology Providence Hospital - Southfield, MI
Obstetrics/Gynecology Summa Akron Hospital - Akron, OH
Obstetrics/Gynecology Mercy Health Partners - Muskegon, MI
Obstetrics/Gynecology St. John Macomb Hospital - Warren, MI
Obstetrics/Gynecology St. John Macomb Hospital - Warren, MI
Obstetrics/Gynecology Doctors Hospital - Columbus, OH
Obstetrics/Gynecology University of Missouri-Kansas City - Kansas City, MO
Obstetrics/Gynecology Mount Clemens Regional Medical Center- Mount Clemens, MI
Obstetrics/Gynecology St. John Health System - Warren, MI
Obstetrics/Gynecology Kansas University - Wichita, KS
Obstetrics/Gynecology St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center - Hartford, CT
Obstetrics/Gynecology Mount Clemens Regional Medical Center- Mount Clemens, MI
Orthopedic Surgery OSI - Kansas City, MO
Orthopedic Surgery Moreno Valley, CA
Orthopedic Surgery Ingham Regional Medical Center - Lansing, MI
Orthopedic Surgery NYCOM - Peninsula Hospital - Far Rockaway, NY
Orthopedic Surgery Broward General Medical Center - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Orthopedic Surgery University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - Stratford, NJ
Orthopedic Surgery PCOM - Philadelphia, PA
Orthopedic Surgery Madigan Army Medical Center -
Orthopedic Surgery OSI - Kansas City, MO
Orthopedic Surgery St. Mary’s HospitalI - Kansas City, MO
Orthopedic Surgery Oklahoma State University - Tulsa, OK
Orthopedic Surgery Riverside County Regional Medical Center - Moreno Valley, California
Otolaryngology/Fascial Plastics Freeman Health System - Joplin, MO
Pathology Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Pathology University of Missouri - Columbia, MO
Pathology Brooke Army Medical Center -
Pathology Cleveland Clinic - Cleveland, OH
Pathology Ohio State University Medical Center - Columbus, OH
Pediatrics Children’s Mercy - Kansas City, MO
Pediatrics LSU - Children’s Hospital - New Orleans, LA
Pediatrics University of Missouri Children’s Hospital - Columbia, MO
Pediatrics Children’s Mercy - Kansas City, MO
Pediatrics Children’s Mercy - Kansas City, MO
Pediatrics St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children - Philadelphia, PA
Pediatrics Camden, NJ
Pediatrics St. John Hospital - Detroit, MI
Pediatrics Cincinnati Children’s Hospital - Cincinnati, OH
Pediatrics University of Oklahoma - Tulsa, OK
Pediatrics Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital - St. Louis, MO
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Baylor University Medical Center - Dallas, TX
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Georgetown University - Washington D.C
Psychiatry Banner Good Samaritan - Phoenix, AZ
Psychiatry Loyola University - Maywood, IL
Psychiatry Kansas University - Kansas City, MO
Psychiatry University of Missouri - Columbia, MO
Radiology Oakwood Southshore Medical Center - Trenton, MI
Radiology Christiana Care - Newark, NJ
Radiology OSF Saint Francis Medical Center - Peoria, IL
Radiology University of Mississippi Medical Center - Jackson, MS
Traditional Internship Capital Regional Medical Center - Jefferson City, MO
Traditional Internship St. Vincent Mercy Medical Center - Toledo, OH
Traditional Internship University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - Camden, NJ
Traditional Internship Oklahoma City
Traditional Internship Botsford General Hospital - Novi, MI
Transitional Internship William Beaumont Army Medical Center - El Paso, TX
Urology University of Florida-Shands Hospital - Gainsville, FL

What's your beef with Anesthesiology? You forgot these:

Anesthesiology St. Luke’s Hospital - Kansas City, MO
Anesthesiology Mayo Clinic - Rochester, MN
Anesthesiology St. Francis Hospital - Wichita, KS
Anesthesiology Saint Louis University Hospoital - St. Louis, MO
Anesthesiology UMKC St. Luke’s - Kansas City, MO
Anesthesiology Henry Ford Hospital - Detroit, MI
Anesthesiology Exempia St. Joseph’s Hospital - Denver, CO
Anesthesiology University of Florida-Shands Hospital - Gainsville, FL
Anesthesiology Kansas University - Kansas City, MO


😉
 
THANKS dkrames1 and mightymoose... I checked that thread too and I drew a conclusion:

I calculated the % of top specialties (derm,plastics,ortho-surg,gen-surg,anes,radio,patho,uro,neuro) achieved among all the matches for most DO schools listed and KCUMB has the highest percentages. Then AZCOM,DMU,UMDNJ. For KCUMB, it's 28% of the people listed. the rest are OBGYN,IM,EM,Fam,Psyc. and lots of those IM people would go on with fellowships...

now I can't wait for the final decision in 10 days :scared:
my interview was so short..maybe 25 minutes and at the end I asked questions for like 10 min...I don't know what that means..they either knew I was the right person from the beginning or the opposite 😕 we all seemed to really enjoy the interview though!!
 
Who did you interview with? My interview was really short too (20 min with 5 minutes of my questions), but successful. I interviewed with Drs. Clay and Wright.
 
Who did you interview with? My interview was really short too (20 min with 5 minutes of my questions), but successful. I interviewed with Drs. Clay and Wright.

I had a different panel...Dr. May and another lady I can't seem to remember...did you interview on the 19th? maybe they shortened the interview time due to the snow???
 
I think 30 minutes is about their standard interview time. Mine was ~30 minutes as well, but it felt like it was 5 minutes...
 
THANKS dkrames1 and mightymoose... I checked that thread too and I drew a conclusion:

I calculated the % of top specialties (derm,plastics,ortho-surg,gen-surg,anes,radio,patho,uro,neuro) achieved among all the matches for most DO schools listed and KCUMB has the highest percentages. Then AZCOM,DMU,UMDNJ. For KCUMB, it's 28% of the people listed. the rest are OBGYN,IM,EM,Fam,Psyc. and lots of those IM people would go on with fellowships...

now I can't wait for the final decision in 10 days :scared:
my interview was so short..maybe 25 minutes and at the end I asked questions for like 10 min...I don't know what that means..they either knew I was the right person from the beginning or the opposite 😕 we all seemed to really enjoy the interview though!!

I know what you mean about the interview feeling somewhat short, after mine I began worrying mine was unusually brief, but I got in, so try not to worry too much, I'm sure you did great 🙂 Just think in 10 days you will know !!
 
THANKS dkrames1 and mightymoose... I checked that thread too and I drew a conclusion:

I calculated the % of top specialties (derm,plastics,ortho-surg,gen-surg,anes,radio,patho,uro,neuro) achieved among all the matches for most DO schools listed and KCUMB has the highest percentages. Then AZCOM,DMU,UMDNJ. For KCUMB, it's 28% of the people listed. the rest are OBGYN,IM,EM,Fam,Psyc. and lots of those IM people would go on with fellowships...

now I can't wait for the final decision in 10 days :scared:
my interview was so short..maybe 25 minutes and at the end I asked questions for like 10 min...I don't know what that means..they either knew I was the right person from the beginning or the opposite 😕 we all seemed to really enjoy the interview though!!


Both student ambassadors and faculty told us the interview time made no difference in a decision. I think mine was about 20-15 min too, and I felt really good after... and then got in 😀

Back to the locations topic: I'm glad to see there's a handful of people being placed in Fl (both for rotations and residency). I'm not originally from there, but after being here for almost a year now, there's just no going back to Old Man Winter
 
mine felt like 15-20 minutes tops. And I thought it didn't go so well. - but then I got in too. i guess it really just depends.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's your beef with Anesthesiology? You forgot these:

Anesthesiology St. Luke’s Hospital - Kansas City, MO
Anesthesiology Mayo Clinic - Rochester, MN
Anesthesiology St. Francis Hospital - Wichita, KS
Anesthesiology Saint Louis University Hospoital - St. Louis, MO
Anesthesiology UMKC St. Luke’s - Kansas City, MO
Anesthesiology Henry Ford Hospital - Detroit, MI
Anesthesiology Exempia St. Joseph’s Hospital - Denver, CO
Anesthesiology University of Florida-Shands Hospital - Gainsville, FL
Anesthesiology Kansas University - Kansas City, MO


😉

Haha, that was my exact thought. I have all but chosen anesthesiology as my specialty (I know, it's bad to pick before med school... blah, blah, blah) and am encouraged by the number of matches. You can also look at the different residency program websites to see where their residents come from. That list is pretty awesome.

Also, there was a guy that did a calculation with all of the (I can't remember how he phrased it...) "top" specialties, and left off anesthesiology... I am pretty sure it would be considered a top choice...
 
sorry, just saw that the poster actually included anes in his calculations... my bad.

if the guy was me, yes I did include it LOL...if you also include OB/GYN into "top" ones, the ratio is 33% which is pretty awesome...

This exactly matches what my interviewer told me on Wednesday..I asked her whether or not she knows what percentage of KCUMB students go on to specialties other than primary care...and she said " I would say 30%".
 
K
Haha, that was my exact thought. I have all but chosen anesthesiology as my specialty (I know, it's bad to pick before med school... blah, blah, blah) and am encouraged by the number of matches. You can also look at the different residency program websites to see where their residents come from. That list is pretty awesome.

Also, there was a guy that did a calculation with all of the (I can't remember how he phrased it...) "top" specialties, and left off anesthesiology... I am pretty sure it would be considered a top choice...


I'm totally with you on that one, man. As of now anesthesiology is my top choice, so I always look at the anesthesia portion of the match list and KCUMB's are always looking good. Oh, one of my interviewers was an alum that is an anesthesiologist, that was very nice to see.
 
I just looked at the floor plans for Century towers. Has anyone seen the apartments and can tell me if there are bath tubs in the apartments or just showers? Thanks!
 
is anyone interested in the DO/MBA dual program???

someone at the interview asked the student ambassadors about the tuition difference between the DO and DO/MBA and she replied NONE...bit I was just looking at the website (http://www.rockhurst.edu/HSOM/programs/domba/tuition.asp) and it says the the MBA portion costs 30K...was the ambassador wrong or something??
 
is anyone interested in the DO/MBA dual program???

someone at the interview asked the student ambassadors about the tuition difference between the DO and DO/MBA and she replied NONE...bit I was just looking at the website (http://www.rockhurst.edu/HSOM/programs/domba/tuition.asp) and it says the the MBA portion costs 30K...was the ambassador wrong or something??

I asked the same question, and although I don't remember what the fee was but there definately was a fee and 30K sounds about right.
 
I remember them saying something about that at the student panel when I interviewed. I think they are right that it is $30,000 more, but I think I remember them saying something about that covering the whole MBA, it's a one-time payment
 
I remember them saying something about that at the student panel when I interviewed. I think they are right that it is $30,000 more, but I think I remember them saying something about that covering the whole MBA, it's a one-time payment

A student ambassador in my group said he is paying it in 3 installments--10k each year starting 2nd year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is anyone interested in the DO/MBA dual program???

someone at the interview asked the student ambassadors about the tuition difference between the DO and DO/MBA and she replied NONE...bit I was just looking at the website (http://www.rockhurst.edu/HSOM/programs/domba/tuition.asp) and it says the the MBA portion costs 30K...was the ambassador wrong or something??

I was originally interested in the MBA program, but after re-thinking it I think I'm going to just focus on my medical studies. It is kind of expensive to lump on top of med school loans (and if you're really into getting an MBA there are some practices that will help you pay for it if you decide to go back and get one). Was it you that said you were interested in taking rotations in Cali? Another potential downside to the dual MBA is that you have to stay in KC to complete it, so you'd have to stay in KC for your clinical rotations.
 
I was originally interested in the MBA program, but after re-thinking it I think I'm going to just focus on my medical studies. It is kind of expensive to lump on top of med school loans (and if you're really into getting an MBA there are some practices that will help you pay for it if you decide to go back and get one). Was it you that said you were interested in taking rotations in Cali? Another potential downside to the dual MBA is that you have to stay in KC to complete it, so you'd have to stay in KC for your clinical rotations.

That might have been me. You have to stay for your fourth year ones too?
 
@Phil Dunphy: I have no sense of business and I think as a physician one really needs to know the business side of the practice...I thought that having the MBA (about 40 credits of courses) will definitely help me make more in the long run. I don't know if that's true but again knowing business means you know how to make money.

@megathunder: I would actually love to go to either Cali or Florida to practice too. I was at the MBA website (I posted earlier) it said that the last courses you take are during your first semester of third year. So I think whoever that wants to do MBA, will need to stay in KC for the 3rd year, but I think we can go anywhere for the 4th.


Also don't you guys think 40 credits of course load is a BIG DEAL in addition to med school??
 
(and if you're really into getting an MBA there are some practices that will help you pay for it if you decide to go back and get one)

can you elaborate?
 
can you elaborate?

At the Family Practice Clinic I shadowed at, there was a resident who stayed for a fourth year to get his MBA. I'm pretty sure that residency program helped finance his MBA in return for helping the younger residents.

Edit: I found this on their website about obtaining a masters while doing your residency: "Receiving tuition support for a masters programs – though the exact amount has not been determined, the residency will pay for some or all of your tuition costs for your advanced degree"
 
Last edited: