KCUMB Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
to people who have been accepted for c/o 2016 ... Do any of you mind sharing your stats? (gpa/mcat)? Thanks a lot!

4.0/45

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my waitlist letter last Monday the 20th then got a call on Thurs that I was accepted!

I got my waitlist letter last Monday the 20th then got a call on Thurs that I was accepted!

Hey congrats to you too! I interviewed this Monday and am waiting for the next two weeks or so to go by as fast as possible!! If you don't mind sharing, what are your numbers like?

MCAT - 23Q
cGPA - 3.50
sGPA - 3.35

Finished my MPH with a GPA of 3.8 last May. Interview went really well. Lots of ECs.

Did anyone who interviewed at KCUMB on Feb 15, 2012 hear back yet?

I interviewed 2 days after you, on the 17th and have yet to hear. They told me we would get our letters in 2-3 weeks and to call if we haven't received anything by the 3 week mark, tomorrow will be two weeks. Seemed like the last couple interview blocks have taken around two weeks so I'm hoping that we hear soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 2 days after you, on the 17th and have yet to hear. They told me we would get our letters in 2-3 weeks and to call if we haven't received anything by the 3 week mark, tomorrow will be two weeks. Seemed like the last couple interview blocks have taken around two weeks so I'm hoping that we hear soon.

I also interviewed the 17th and I got my acceptance letter today! I can't wait to move to KCMO this summer!

I also interviewed the 17th and I got my acceptance letter today! I can't wait to move to KCMO this summer!

Congrats! Did you get your letter in Wisconsin? I haven't received anything but I'm all the way over in New England so hopefully good news arrives tomorrow or Monday. :xf:

Cumulative gpa (aacomas) = 3.78
science gpa (aacomas) = 3.62
mcat = 26o (ps: 9, v: 6, bs: 11)

Congrats! Did you get your letter in Wisconsin? I haven't received anything but I'm all the way over in New England so hopefully good news arrives tomorrow or Monday. :xf:

It was sent to Iowa, which is probably just one day by mail. I bet you'll get it tomorrow. I hope you receive fantastic news!

Got my letter! Accepted! Overwhelmed to known the "wait" since this fall is over and I'm headed to med school this fall!
Super pumped!

Hey Jlaw,

I received my letter last night in South Dakota, so hopefully you'll get some good news this afternoon! I'm pretty sure I interviewed the same day you did, hope you get the same thrill tonight I had last night!

Accepted! Oh man I am so stoked, I've been tearing my hair out for the past two weeks waiting for this! I'm expecting a few more decisions later this week but KCUMB was my favorite place so I'm fully expecting to see you all this fall.

Interviewed 2/17.
cGPA: ~3.2
sGPA: ~3.7 (took all my pre reqs in a post bacc program and finished with a 3.97)
MCAT: 24O
Other: Non trad student, lots of clinical volunteering, EMT, shadowing, etc.

Congrats to all who got in, good luck to any waitlisters and those still camped out by the mailbox!

Congrats to those recent acceptances!! There's a class thread on here and apparently a Facebook group (don't have Facebook though)....can't wait to move up to KC!

Any of you guys care to share what the interview experience was like? (how the day was organized? what were some of the interview questions? etc)

Thanks for all your help!!

Read through this post. Question has been asked and answered before.

Class of 2016 Orientation week starts Monday August 6th probably at 8am. I would plan on being in KC by Sunday the 5th since orientation is mandatory and you will be at the school at least until 4pm every day (assuming it doesn't change much from last year).

Class of 2016 Orientation week starts Monday August 6th probably at 8am. I would plan on being in KC by Sunday the 5th since orientation is mandatory and you will be at the school at least until 4pm every day (assuming it doesn't change much from last year).

When do classes start?

I'm guessing the week after orientation....anyone know if we can get the white coats fitted?

I'm guessing the week after orientation....anyone know if we can get the white coats fitted?

We got fitted for white coats at our interview, did they not do that at your interview? I did ask them what happens if we go crazy celebrating our acceptance and put on 30lbs before white coat ceremony and she said they could refit us when we arrive on campus haha.

Yeah we got fitted but I was talking about really fitted...like by a tailor. I have to get all my stuff done cuz I'm real tall and have a hard time finding clothes that fit right...but if I have to wear a stubby white coat at least it's gonna fit right!!

Your classes start Monday August 13th and your first midterm will be 2 weeks after that (Mon Aug 27th. 9-12 probably).

Yeah we got fitted but I was talking about really fitted...like by a tailor. I have to get all my stuff done cuz I'm real tall and have a hard time finding clothes that fit right...but if I have to wear a stubby white coat at least it's gonna fit right!!

I feel ya man. 6'4 and 250lbs. It isn't easy is it?

We got fitted for white coats at our interview, did they not do that at your interview? I did ask them what happens if we go crazy celebrating our acceptance and put on 30lbs before white coat ceremony and she said they could refit us when we arrive on campus haha.

Well that is good news. I was wondering this also. I have actually already lost 30 lbs since I interviewed. I'm looking to lose another 15-20 lbs before moving up there. I'm either going to need to be refit or I will have a big baggy white coat, lol. :D

How soon after sending the acceptance letter do they want you to pay that?

I think we have a couple weeks but I'm not sure when the clock starts running. I haven't received my acceptance packet yet but I'm sure that will detail everything we need to do.

Well that is good news. I was wondering this also. I have actually already lost 30 lbs since I interviewed. I'm looking to lose another 15-20 lbs before moving up there. I'm either going to need to be refit or I will have a big baggy white coat, lol. :D

Congrats on the weight loss! :thumbup:

Are they going to send us any information on where/how to pay or are we expected to call admissions and get the ball rolling ourselves?

mail a check made out to KCUMB and send it to the admissions office or call and pay by credit card over the phone.

I'm trying to figure out the total cost of attending KCUMB for the first year.

http://www.kcumb.edu/financialaid/COM_TuitionFees.asp

That page only lists a $42,000 tuition and about $200 in fees. (the acceptance and matriculation fees get credited to tuition later and the testing fees don't come till later).

So, if we add another $12,000 for living, is the total cost going to be about $55,000 or am I missing some fees here. For example, does that tuition include health insurance or do we need to pay more to get health insurance?

I should have paid more attention to the various sessions during interview day.

FYI to all those accepted in the last batch. I spoke to admissions and they are mailing us packets with information on seucring our seats and paying deposits. They said the packets were delayed because some people in admissions were sick and that they have adjusted our deadlines to give us some extra time to look everything over and submit payment.

I'm trying to figure out the total cost of attending KCUMB for the first year.

http://www.kcumb.edu/financialaid/COM_TuitionFees.asp

That page only lists a $42,000 tuition and about $200 in fees. (the acceptance and matriculation fees get credited to tuition later and the testing fees don't come till later).

So, if we add another $12,000 for living, is the total cost going to be about $55,000 or am I missing some fees here. For example, does that tuition include health insurance or do we need to pay more to get health insurance?

I should have paid more attention to the various sessions during interview day.

According to what we received while interviewing the costs are estimated as follows:

Educational Expense:
Tuition- 42,039
Health Fee- 100
Acitivty Fee- 75
Books/supplies- 2,450
Instruments- 775
Total Education Expense- 45,439

Living Expenses (Off campus):
Rent/utilities/food- 1210
Personal/misc- 425
Transportation- 375
Total for 10 months- 20,1000

So total cost of attending for first year is approximately 65,539. If you can live frugally enough then you may be able to keep it closer to your 55k figure. KCUMB estimates living expenses of 1,100 per month for students with a rent free living situation..i.e parents or with a partner who pays for them. Health insurance is extra and we pay- according to the packet it looks like its can cost up to $125/month. You also have to add loan fees if you're going to take out loans.

Ahhh got an interview this morning. I am so excited!!! Anyone know how many spots have been filled?

Very excited! Just got an interview invite for 3/14. Who else will be there and where will you be staying? Also, like the post above I was wondering if there are many spots open or are there interviews for wait list spots?

Very excited! Just got an interview invite for 3/14. Who else will be there and where will you be staying? Also, like the post above I was wondering if there are many spots open or are there interviews for wait list spots?

I was going to just try to find a hotel, rental car and plane ticket all in one package online. Or at least the plane and rental car and see if I have any points I can redeem at a Best Western.

Its not going to be cheap. I just hope that we aren't interviewing for the wait-list as some post earlier said, not many people got off the wait list last year.