-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
KCUMB Discussion Thread 2011-2012
Started by ShyRem
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I interviewed yesterday 10/12 and it was amazing. I only submitted an application to this school at the last moment and it has now become my top DO choice. If I don't get into my state school then I will probably go here! I loved it, the interviewers were extremely nice (Tracey Taylor and Patrick Clay) and this visit really created a new perspective on this university. Now I just gotta wait for my letter! I hope the interview wasn't seemingly awesome only to end up with a rejection.
Let's get it going!
Same here! Anyone want to take the initiative to set one up? I'll help
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed 9/26 and got my letter in the mail yesterday 🙂 so excited! Loved this school!![]()
do u live near KC?
Interviewed 9/26 and got my letter in the mail yesterday 🙂 so excited! Loved this school!![]()
Hey Peach, which interviewee were you or where were you from? Did you stay at the Holiday Inn Express? And I just got my letter today as well! Congrats to you! I'm super excited too...love KCUMB.
Yes everyone gets those. Good luck on a secondary!
Hey Peach, which interviewee were you or where were you from? Did you stay at the Holiday Inn Express? And I just got my letter today as well! Congrats to you! I'm super excited too...love KCUMB.
fellow 9/26er here, i got waitlisted. lol. it's ok i got into another school already though. i was at the holiday inn!
Interviewed here and it was a really good experience. The interviewers were very friendly and respectful. The campus is really nice and all that stuff about being a bad neighborhood really didn't worry me because there is plenty of security around to make you feel safe. I have to say the buildings were really nice but DMU's amenities seemed a tad nicer. Overall great school and great people.
fellow 9/26er here, i got waitlisted. lol. it's ok i got into another school already though. i was at the holiday inn!
Awe bummer...glad you have another school lined up though! Congrats! Where at? So where were you from or which guy/gal were you?
I must be the only one still waiting for a letter! LOL Probably monday.
Awe bummer...glad you have another school lined up though! Congrats! Where at? So where were you from or which guy/gal were you?
i got in western in cali. i was the dude from SoCal and i'm assuming from your sdn name that you were the fitness girl. lol 👍
didn't see western's gym but hopefully it was bigger than kcumb's!
congrats on your acceptance
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i got in western in cali. i was the dude from SoCal and i'm assuming from your sdn name that you were the fitness girl. lol 👍
didn't see western's gym but hopefully it was bigger than kcumb's!
congrats on your acceptance
I know who you are -- you told me to go to my Western interview, but I didn't. I like MSU a lot, but I came to KCUMB because I was interested in the curriculum and heard a lot of positive things about the school. I'm still waiting for my letter -- probably held up at the border! LOL
I know who you are -- you told me to go to my Western interview, but I didn't. I like MSU a lot, but I came to KCUMB because I was interested in the curriculum and heard a lot of positive things about the school. I'm still waiting for my letter -- probably held up at the border! LOL
yup you were the dentist! if you are accepted to msu and kcu, which will you choose?
I did the exact same thing. My interviewer said, and I quote "my 17-year old could ace these classes" refering to the Orgo, Physics, and Bio I took at a CC. All the questions in my interview revolved around that. I did not get an acceptance, but I was not sure I even wanted one anymore.
Ouch! That's not cool. Who was your interviewer?
Interviewing here on 10/19 (Wednesday)!! Pretty excited to see KCUMB. Is anyone else interviewing this day?
i got in western in cali. i was the dude from SoCal and i'm assuming from your sdn name that you were the fitness girl. lol 👍
didn't see western's gym but hopefully it was bigger than kcumb's!
congrats on your acceptance
Western doesn't have a gym.
Congrats to everyone who just got in and good luck to those interviewing soon!
got another letter recently detailing information about the acceptance fee and how we have to pay $1000 by Dec. 15, and the letter says that there's supposed to be a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope that we should use to send the check, but I didn't find one! did anyone else have this dilemma?
Let's get it going!
I third this!
I must be the only one still waiting for a letter! LOL Probably monday.
Man, the suspense must be killing you! Don't worry, you should hear good news soon! 🙂
Can't decide when to book my super shuttle back to the airport. When did your days end and what super shuttle pick up time did you choose? Thanks!
Hey Flemon, if KCUMB is picking you up from the hotel and taking you back, then you'll be back to the hotel by 230-3 because they'll put those who stay at the 2 hotels they recommend in the first interview groups. What time is your flight?
i got in western in cali. i was the dude from SoCal and i'm assuming from your sdn name that you were the fitness girl. lol 👍
didn't see western's gym but hopefully it was bigger than kcumb's!
congrats on your acceptance
Yep, that's me. 🙂 Congrats on getting into Western! Actually, one interviewer from LMU-DCOM asked why I didn't apply to Western since I'm at Cal Poly. I've been in Pomona long enough! Haha. And I remember you too...Andrew L. right?
Anyone know if the letters from the October 5th interviews have gone out yet?
My flight is at 6:30PM. I booked a 4:00 shuttle.Hey Flemon, if KCUMB is picking you up from the hotel and taking you back, then you'll be back to the hotel by 230-3 because they'll put those who stay at the 2 hotels they recommend in the first interview groups. What time is your flight?
got another letter recently detailing information about the acceptance fee and how we have to pay $1000 by Dec. 15, and the letter says that there's supposed to be a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope that we should use to send the check, but I didn't find one! did anyone else have this dilemma?
yep. i didnt get one either. gonna call admissions tomorrow and check up on the envelope
I wasnt really a fan of the gym at kcumb. Didnt really see many free weights. I hate machines.
There's a Gold's Gym like 5 minutes from campus, if KCUMB's gym doesn't serve your needs.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There's a Gold's Gym like 5 minutes from campus, if KCUMB's gym doesn't serve your needs.
Is that the one in Westport? Its an older gym but a lot of weights. I was able to work out the day before my interview.
I will def be doing Century Towers if I go here. Wanting to have a roommate. I want someone to set a facebook group up to get to know everyone and talk about roommates. I dont want to set the page up though because im not 100% yet if this is where I will end up.
I interviewed at KCUMB this last week and it was a way cool experience! I had a great interview, which is good because I had an interview at Des Moines last month and it didn't go as well. I really like KCUMB's Genesis curriculum, and they have a great reputation, so hopefully I get an acceptance letter!
Interviewing here on 10/24. Is anyone else? This school is my top choice school for sure. I can't wait to visit.
Are the interviews really that intense? It seems like a lot of people have been saying bad stuff about the interviewers on here.
I'll be there!
My flight is at 6:30PM. I booked a 4:00 shuttle.
You'll definitely be fine.
I wasnt really a fan of the gym at kcumb. Didnt really see many free weights. I hate machines.
I second that...I'll definitely be checking out Gold's and other gyms nearby. Love everything about KCUMB BUT the gym. Ha.
Interviewing here on 10/24. Is anyone else? This school is my top choice school for sure. I can't wait to visit.
Are the interviews really that intense? It seems like a lot of people have been saying bad stuff about the interviewers on here.
Some interviewers are seemingly intense but really they're just trying to see how you handle yourself in that situation and if you can defend your answer under pressure. They might ask you ethical questions but just make sure you answer what you believe and not what they want to hear. Good luck! You'll love KCUMB!
interviewed on 9/30, still nothing in the mail! c'mon c'mon c'mon snail mail
Actually, I just called the Admissions Office and paid by credit card over the phone.
whoa that would be so much easier...i'm gonna try that
So I have decided I'm going to make it official and stroke that $1000 check to claim my seat! That means I'll be writing that check when I recover from the financial impact of flying all over the country for two weeks straight to interview...
Anyhow, I'm beyond ready to start. Good luck to all those applying, interviewing, matriculating, etc.! lataaa
Anyhow, I'm beyond ready to start. Good luck to all those applying, interviewing, matriculating, etc.! lataaa
KCUMB showing no love for Canadians,
above average stats
above average stats
KCUMB showing no love for Canadians,
above average stats
When did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
KCUMB showing no love for Canadians,
above average stats
They offered me admission
hey yall, i am interviewing on 10/19. if anyone wants to grab a drink the night before, pm me!
Nice, I interview that day too. I won't be able to grab a drink though since my flight gets in kinda late on Tuesday. I'll see you on Wednesday though! 😎
interviewed on 9/30, still nothing in the mail! c'mon c'mon c'mon snail mail
Still no mail here! Must of got held up at the border! lol
I have a quick question for you? About how long after you turned in your secondary app did you receive an interview request? Thanks
I have a quick question for you? About how long after you turned in your secondary app did you receive an interview request? Thanks
it was 2 weeks for me
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 40K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 65K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 69K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 49K
