You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!
Started by Armymutt25A
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, they were 40 minutes late.
It's a marathon not a sprint ladies and gentlemen. If you are this worked up on day 1, you will be committed long before the process is over.
My advice, take a deep breath and relax.
My advice, take a deep breath and relax.
...and remember that this is the easy part! The hard part begins Oct. 1st (or whenever it needs to be submitted) Good luck to all c/o 2015 applicants! 

It's a marathon not a sprint ladies and gentlemen. If you are this worked up on day 1, you will be committed long before the process is over.
My advice, take a deep breath and relax.
lol this is true. I remember trying to get all the parts filled in asap just to realize that it will take you FOREVER to finish vmcas completely because of the PS, eLORs, and experience sections. So no point in rushing on day 1 . But this is exciting!!! Can someone who made a new account this year post the PS prompt? I'm wondering if it changed or is the exact same thing
PS for this round looks like it is the same:
"Discuss briefly the development of your interest in veterinary medicine. Discuss those activities and unique experiences that have contributed to your preparation for a professional program. Discuss your understanding of the veterinary medical profession, and discuss your career goals and objectives. "
"Discuss briefly the development of your interest in veterinary medicine. Discuss those activities and unique experiences that have contributed to your preparation for a professional program. Discuss your understanding of the veterinary medical profession, and discuss your career goals and objectives. "
It's a marathon not a sprint ladies and gentlemen. If you are this worked up on day 1, you will be committed long before the process is over.
My advice, take a deep breath and relax.
I completely agree with you. Slow and steady, sloooow and steady..and good luck!
Good Luck everyone!! I am just taking my time doing this...no need to go crazy........yet🙂
I'm not really going crazy, but I am going to knock out the easy stuff while I have time. Things are going to get crazy for me in about 30 days and will run like that until 20 Aug.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not really going crazy, but I am going to knock out the easy stuff while I have time. Things are going to get crazy for me in about 30 days and will run like that until 20 Aug.
I filled out a bunch of the "easy" stuff right away just to get it done (and perhaps procrastinate studying for my first orgo quiz. Perhaps!). Too much else is going on this summer!
D
deleted266066
Oof. I haven't even looked at it yet and probably won't until this weekend. And even then I'm just going to slowly plug in some easy stuff 🙂
I figure later this month will be when I really start hacking away at the more important aspects of the application. As well as starting my essay. Gah!
For those who have applied to schools on the VMCAS as well as others with their own application (like Tufts), was it really frustrating to have to put everything in two (or three..) times? I'm worried I'll burn out on one application and just be like grrrrr by the time I get to the other one haha
I figure later this month will be when I really start hacking away at the more important aspects of the application. As well as starting my essay. Gah!
For those who have applied to schools on the VMCAS as well as others with their own application (like Tufts), was it really frustrating to have to put everything in two (or three..) times? I'm worried I'll burn out on one application and just be like grrrrr by the time I get to the other one haha
For those who have applied to schools on the VMCAS as well as others with their own application (like Tufts), was it really frustrating to have to put everything in two (or three..) times? I'm worried I'll burn out on one application and just be like grrrrr by the time I get to the other one haha
In a word, yes. Drove me batty. More so for the schools that are on VMCAS but still for some reason make you manually enter all of your pre-req classes and vet/animal experiences on their supplemental (*cough*Cornell*cough*). Tufts was annoying because I just wanted to scream "Just get on VMCAS already, COME ON PEOPLE!" but at least I didn't feel like I was doing the same thing twice for the same school.
I say instead of entering all your info and such...first start on your supplemental essays!! If you haven't finished those when school rolls around, you will get super stressed. At least if you only have grades and such to input, it will be mindless work. Work on all your essays first so that you can make them awesome and not stress yourself out!
Oof. I haven't even looked at it yet and probably won't until this weekend. And even then I'm just going to slowly plug in some easy stuff 🙂
I figure later this month will be when I really start hacking away at the more important aspects of the application. As well as starting my essay. Gah!
For those who have applied to schools on the VMCAS as well as others with their own application (like Tufts), was it really frustrating to have to put everything in two (or three..) times? I'm worried I'll burn out on one application and just be like grrrrr by the time I get to the other one haha
Oh yes, it's frustrating...but worth it!! Just take your time, and go one step at a time. Good luck 🙂
For those of us who don't have vet school starting in a few months, we now have something tangible that connects us to our hopes of starting next year - and that is PRETTY DARN EXCITING!
That is exactly how I feel! Hooray for hope!




Best of luck c/o 2015!!!!
Deep breath everyone! (And please remember to keep breathing!)

Deep breath everyone! (And please remember to keep breathing!)
I can't believe the application is open again already. I feel like I just submitted mine not that long ago. I am going to go sign up and see how much info. transfers over from last year. Good Luck to all class of 2015 hopefuls!