Law School Enrollment on Undergraduate Transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

julypotter

Reaction score
I hastily decided my senior year of undergrad that I thought I might be better suited for law school. I was admitted into and enrolled in my undergraduate school's law program only to change my mind before school started. While I never took any classes there, the enrollment to the law center still shows at the bottom of my undergraduate institution's transcript and can't be removed. After calling application services, they said that I don't need to list the law school in "Schools Attended" since I never actually attended, but the fact remains that the enrollment still shows on my actual transcript.

Do I talk about it in my essays? Will this raise questions for adcoms? As I understand it, only the school I matriculate into will receive my actual transcript. I'm confused as to whether or not to mention it as I know it makes me look indecisive.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you just mention it in passing on your PS or if its brought up in interviews. Just something like "I planned to go to law school but I reconsidered after X, Y, Z." Probably best not to make the decision to apply and withdraw seem impetuous - you don't want to seem flighty or indecisive. You don't want to make them think you'll do the same thing if you get an acceptance from their med school.

Just mention it in passing. I have 10 or 11 transcripts with a number of majors plus some pubs in areas outside of medicine or science (including one in law). It only came up in one of my interviews, and I just gave a very honest, simple answer that seemed to work.