Law School Enrollment on Undergraduate Transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

julypotter

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hastily decided my senior year of undergrad that I thought I might be better suited for law school. I was admitted into and enrolled in my undergraduate school's law program only to change my mind before school started. While I never took any classes there, the enrollment to the law center still shows at the bottom of my undergraduate institution's transcript and can't be removed. After calling application services, they said that I don't need to list the law school in "Schools Attended" since I never actually attended, but the fact remains that the enrollment still shows on my actual transcript.

Do I talk about it in my essays? Will this raise questions for adcoms? As I understand it, only the school I matriculate into will receive my actual transcript. I'm confused as to whether or not to mention it as I know it makes me look indecisive.
 
I think you just mention it in passing on your PS or if its brought up in interviews. Just something like "I planned to go to law school but I reconsidered after X, Y, Z." Probably best not to make the decision to apply and withdraw seem impetuous - you don't want to seem flighty or indecisive. You don't want to make them think you'll do the same thing if you get an acceptance from their med school.