LECOM - Bradenton Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi, sorry to disrupt the c/o 2012 thread... just had a quick question. for those of you who applied to lecom-e and lecom-b last year, did you wait for separate invitations to fill out the applications? im asking b/c i received an email from lecom-e, and submitted their app, but im reallly excited about lecom-b and since i now have access to their app through the portal, can i go ahead and fill it out? or should i wait? i dont want to look overly anxious or anything, although it's pretty clear that i am. haha

Members don't see this ad.

hi, sorry to disrupt the c/o 2012 thread... just had a quick question. for those of you who applied to lecom-e and lecom-b last year, did you wait for separate invitations to fill out the applications? im asking b/c i received an email from lecom-e, and submitted their app, but im reallly excited about lecom-b and since i now have access to their app through the portal, can i go ahead and fill it out? or should i wait? i dont want to look overly anxious or anything, although it's pretty clear that i am. haha

You can go ahead fill it out! You don't have to wait for a letter. It won't affect their decision either way. good luck

^^definitley fill it out and turn it in... Actually I submitted my lecom b secondary before the primary!!!

And, also on a positive note, no classes the tues before thanksgiving for sure! June even contacted the professor to confirm!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for your help guys! hope to be in your position a year from now.

thanks for your help guys! hope to be in your position a year from now.

Good luck diggintheDOs. I hope we can help you as much as we got help from current students at LECOM.

Last edited:
I know that you all will be starting classes soon and probably won't be posting much on this thread, but throw us wannabee LECOMers a bone by letting us know about your experiences. I've been one of those "outsiders" that have loved reading your threads and will miss you guys. Wanted to wish you all the best in your pursuits!

Kris

I know that you all will be starting classes soon and probably won't be posting much on this thread, but throw us wannabee LECOMers a bone by letting us know about your experiences. I've been one of those "outsiders" that have loved reading your threads and will miss you guys. Wanted to wish you all the best in your pursuits!

Kris

A couple of the other LECOM-B students above us have managed to stick around, so I doubt all of us will go away completely...

As long as the thread can stay this organized and easy to find, I think we can probably keep up...at least between us regulars...

I've really appreciated all the help the other students have given us and I hope to pass that along...at least a little bit...

^^ I am thinking we are going to have to move our thread to Osteopathic soon instead of Pre-Osteo!

WHY is our thread NOT at the top of the page, as usual, with new posts?!!!

jk. but really, there is no point of sdn without it!

I have finally learned who PBLDO is.. and I couldn't be happier!

Everyone in the class rocks socks. I think I've been make people feel a slight bit uneasy with me knowing their names, but that's my job. I'm the name-guy.

Regardless.. if anyone is here and not hanging out with us, you should be! Just PM me and I'll get you in with the crowd!

I have finally learned who PBLDO is.. and I couldn't be happier!

Everyone in the class rocks socks. I think I've been make people feel a slight bit uneasy with me knowing their names, but that's my job. I'm the name-guy.

Regardless.. if anyone is here and not hanging out with us, you should be! Just PM me and I'll get you in with the crowd!

I'm leaving for Florida on Tuesday! Wooo Hooo! I'll be there Thursday, so if anyone wants to hang out...I guess we're all meeting at Applebee's too, right?

I'm leaving for Florida on Tuesday! Wooo Hooo! I'll be there Thursday, so if anyone wants to hang out...I guess we're all meeting at Applebee's too, right?

Applebee's is Friday, right? And what time are people getting there at? I get down there on Thursday...going in for pre-orientation on Friday and picking up lab coat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok everyone! The website is finished! However, thanks to Katherine, we have reverted back to the original way I wished to design the site. Please click the link below and you should be presented with a box asking for a password. Here it is:

ftp://71.203.38.179/

Username: student
Password: lecom2012

If you don't get asked for a password immediately, don't worry. You will be prompted as you begin your download. Please refer to the "Read This First" folder for a file with upload instructions. If you have submissions from your friends or siblings or whatever, please send them my way.

Thank you all and have a great day!

Ok everyone! The website is finished! However, thanks to Katherine, we have reverted back to the original way I wished to design the site. Please click the link below and you should be presented with a box asking for a password. Here it is:

ftp://71.203.38.179/

Username: student
Password: lecom2012

If you don't get asked for a password immediately, don't worry. You will be prompted as you begin your download. Please refer to the "Read This First" folder for a file with upload instructions. If you have submissions from your friends or siblings or whatever, please send them my way.

Thank you all and have a great day!

Hey BCL. So the old link is still up. What's the difference? I presume you're going to take down the old link and we're going to stick with the ftp site? Fill me in if I'm missing something here. Thanks!

mmmm...FTP...good job

In other news: I leave in the morning for Florida! I plan on taking my time and rolling into town on Thursday morning, just in time for orientation.

Hope to see you guys there...

Ok everyone! The website is finished! However, thanks to Katherine, we have reverted back to the original way I wished to design the site.

Not quite sure what you mean by this Stephen, I have nothing to do with your note site. I just suggested using the system that was already set up instead of reinventing the wheel.

Not quite sure what you mean by this Stephen, I have nothing to do with your note site. I just suggested using the system that was already set up instead of reinventing the wheel.

He may have meant the other Katherine...I made that mistake too...

He may have meant the other Katherine...I made that mistake too...

Ahhh, makes more sense.... if only I had a more unique name.

So, only one more week as pre-meds! Did anyone get the email that was promised last Friday? Laura mentioned it today, and now I'm anxious to get more info!

Also, who's going on Wed for pre-orientation besides me? I have a babysitter for the day, so I'd love to get some people to go to lunch before/after! I'm excited to get things started.

Another thing.... my big sister has shared a crapload of info with me. If anyone wants to share I'd be glad (too much to upload ~ 5GB)

Last edited:

So, only one more week as pre-meds! Did anyone get the email that was promised last Friday? Laura mentioned it today, and now I'm anxious to get more info!

Also, who's going on Wed for pre-orientation besides me? I have a babysitter for the day, so I'd love to get some people to go to lunch before/after! I'm excited to get things started.

Another thing.... my bib sister has shared a crapload of info with me. If anyone wants to share I'd be glad (too much to upload ~ 5GB)

I didn't get any email...hmmm...

I'm going to be driving on wed...sorry...

Info? Yes, please. We'll meet up maybe friday and trade off with a jump key or something...

BCLUMAS,
Can you figure out who I am? .......

Another thing.... my big sister has shared a crapload of info with me. If anyone wants to share I'd be glad (too much to upload ~ 5GB)

Hey!!!! Yeah girl, I'll be there Wed afternoon ~ 2pm... we will have to meet up. I'll call u before then.

Can you guys believe we have less than a week? wt-heck?! I'm trying not to freak, but I don't think I'm doing a very good job. :rolleyes:

And I'll be at Applebee's on Friday, too
grouphappy.gif
-- can't wait to meet you alll!!
bigglasses.gif
woot.gif

I know who you are! You're Laura! :poke:

That's just what she wants you to think! I don't think that she's even a LECOM student! She's just a little blond troll trying to infiltrate our class! (sorry I'm supposed to be getting ready now aren't I)

Steph, which Applebees is it and what time this Friday? I think that I'm actually going to make it this time (if you're going I have to)!

Last edited:
That's just what she wants you to think! I don't think that she's even a LECOM student! She's just a little blond troll trying to infiltrate our class! (sorry I'm supposed to be getting ready now aren't I)

Steph, which Applebees is it and what time this Friday? I think that I'm actually going to make it this time (if you're going I have to)!

mu ha ha ha ha.....

It is the applebees right by me!

mu ha ha ha ha.....

So where would we find you Laura, and, hence, find the right Applebee's??

Do we have a time too, peeps??

OH my God, I never want to see one of those Budget trucks again, ever! :mad: My boyfriend and I left Cleveland at around noon on Friday and that same night, middle of nowhere in Virginia, the gas meter went from a quarter tank to 0 in a second, and we ran out of gas because of the broken gas meter on that truck! So we called Budget and thankfully someone came and determined that it only ran out of gas, nothing else is wrong! So that delayed us like a good 2 hours, not to mention having heart attacks in the dark on I-77 in Virginia! So we couldn't make it in on Saturday early enough to sign the lease and moving, so we ended up staying two nights at two different shi**y motels, being afraid that our stuff is gonna get stolen right out of the truck. But, we moved in on Sunday and now I got internet to get back on SDN (what a nerd, I know!). So this Friday at Applebee's at 6:30pm right? Which one? Hopefully by then I would have unpacked everything, changed my license and insurance, etc so I can just relax on the beach!

Applebee's on 70 just west of 75, sorry still don't know the time.

OH my God, I never want to see one of those Budget trucks again, ever! :mad: My boyfriend and I left Cleveland at around noon on Friday and that same night, middle of nowhere in Virginia, the gas meter went from a quarter tank to 0 in a second, and we ran out of gas because of the broken gas meter on that truck! So we called Budget and thankfully someone came and determined that it only ran out of gas, nothing else is wrong! So that delayed us like a good 2 hours, not to mention having heart attacks in the dark on I-77 in Virginia! So we couldn't make it in on Saturday early enough to sign the lease and moving, so we ended up staying two nights at two different shi**y motels, being afraid that our stuff is gonna get stolen right out of the truck. But, we moved in on Sunday and now I got internet to get back on SDN (what a nerd, I know!). So this Friday at Applebee's at 6:30pm right? Which one? Hopefully by then I would have unpacked everything, changed my license and insurance, etc so I can just relax on the beach!

Ugh, that sounds like it sucked! (now try it with three kids and three cats, lol!) We had a problem with our gas meter also, but it was just that when it was full the meter read 3/4 full, so we had to make a fuss with the guy when we returned it beacuse he wanted to charge us (luckilly the lady at the pick up point did notice the problem before we got the truck). Anyways, so glad you made it! Hope to see you at Applebee's (or the beach).

Oops.. I honestly just copied+pasted this from the Facebook group onto SDN and forgot to edit out the name. Everyone that hangs out there knows of a second Katherine, so that's what I was referring to. Sorry for the mixup and no hard feelings! :D :D

Hey BCL. So the old link is still up. What's the difference? I presume you're going to take down the old link and we're going to stick with the ftp site? Fill me in if I'm missing something here. Thanks!

Just go with the new FTP site. As long as my computer is on, the site will work. If you cannot connect, call my cell and say "yo stephen.. you're computer is off.. turn that back on!"

I'll be adding more files later!

Sorry for the multiple posts, I just wanted to address everyone for my absence. It's been rather nuts being in Bradenton the past 5 days and going out until 4 AM each and every night. I guess we've got to get it out of our system. I have found out who PBLDO is, but JahJah, I haven't a clue. I can do some sleuthing, but I do not think I'll be able to get it. Maybe a polite PM would suffice ^_^ Plus, I love finding out who people are from SDN! It makes the introduction just super sweet. Have you been to my place? If so, I can begin to deduce, but it would be a simple rattling off of names.

I totally forgot about Applebee's. Man, where is that going to fit in? Wednesday night we are (probably) going back down to Siesta Key for ladies night if anyone wants in. Unfortunately, I am NOT going to DD, as I had to do that last night and the fun that ensued would've been multiplied ten-fold had I joined the crowd (although getting back home would've been difficult).

I have to get ready for a study group and then drinking night in a couple of hours and I have to get my cakes ready. I'll try to check this more often, but everyone's keeping everyone so busy.

Oh.. and PBLDO: I want a rematch in Wii Golf. This war isn't over!

It wouldn't be too much to upload as long as she gave it to you on multiple DVD's. If that is the case, I could spend about 15 mins or so (depending on computer speed for the day) and copy them over to my hard drive for good. 5GB would be an immense email, though, you're right.

Up to you! I could always burn a copy of it during class one day on my laptop and transfer it later! :D Let me know! The more information we get, the better!

Oh come on BC: I am a "sweet" country sounding girl from Tennessee! I really had more faith that you would have figured this one out!! J/K get it now?

Aww dearie! I didn't know! I know who you are now! Hahahaha. You have been over to my place. I guess we still have some Mario Kart battles to settle.

Applebee's on 70 just west of 75, sorry still don't know the time....

Ugh, that sounds like it sucked! (now try it with three kids and three cats, lol!) We had a problem with our gas meter also, but it was just that when it was full the meter read 3/4 full, so we had to make a fuss with the guy when we returned it beacuse he wanted to charge us (luckilly the lady at the pick up point did notice the problem before we got the truck). Anyways, so glad you made it! Hope to see you at Applebee's (or the beach).

mu ha ha ha ha.....

OK, just dug up the email (here's the condensed version):

Friday, July 25th at 6:30pm at the Applebees on S.R. 70 just west of I-75. RSVP to Joe Young (on Facebook) if you plan on attending.

Please RSVP to him if you plan on attending one or both of the events, so he can let Applebees know how many to expect.

Hope to see you all there!

Now is this the Applebees from looking on their website?

7175 State Road 70
Bradenton, FL 34203
Phone: 941.755.2828

OK, just dug up the email (here's the condensed version):

Friday, July 25th at 6:30pm at the Applebees on S.R. 70 just west of I-75. RSVP to Joe Young (on Facebook) if you plan on attending.

Please RSVP to him if you plan on attending one or both of the events, so he can let Applebees know how many to expect.
Hope to see you all there!

Okay, I know all of you guys are trying to get in your last few free days before you start classes, but could someone do me a favor?

I was looking through the post-bac forum and someone stated that LECOM-B has a health sciences post bac. I haven't seen it on the website (only the Erie Campus lists one). Can someone find out or give me a name of who I can contact?

Thanks!

Okay, I know all of you guys are trying to get in your last few free days before you start classes, but could someone do me a favor?

I was looking through the post-bac forum and someone stated that LECOM-B has a health sciences post bac. I haven't seen it on the website (only the Erie Campus lists one). Can someone find out or give me a name of who I can contact?

Thanks!

Hmmm...I don't think there is one at Bradenton...

Here's the link to the website:

http://www.lecom.edu/pros_degrees.php

It talks about Erie, but no mention of LECOM-B...I'm pretty sure it's just med and pharm students at B...

Hmmm...I don't think there is one at Bradenton...

Here's the link to the website:

http://www.lecom.edu/pros_degrees.php

It talks about Erie, but no mention of LECOM-B...I'm pretty sure it's just med and pharm students at B...

Actually, that is what I thought myself. Believe me, I looked through that website thoroughly.

Well if you hear anything differently when you get to LECOM. let me know. Maybe that is something down the pike (which would be great!).

Thanks for responding!

Kris

Actually, that is what I thought myself. Believe me, I looked through that website thoroughly.

Well if you hear anything differently when you get to LECOM. let me know. Maybe that is something down the pike (which would be great!).

Thanks for responding!

Kris

No problem!

In other news: I will be arriving in Bradenton this evening...so if people want to do anything (or are already doing something) I'm down...

Facebook/Cell me...

No problem!

In other news: I will be arriving in Bradenton this evening...so if people want to do anything (or are already doing something) I'm down...

Facebook/Cell me...

I sent a message to you on Facebook. :cool: You're on the "in-crowd" so let me know! :D

Just got back from the pre-orientation check in, and am officially changing my status to Med Student since I have my ID. Can't wait for next week now!

Glad to hear everyone's all moved down and starting to get settled in. Hopefully I in the next week or so I'll get to meet some of ya'll, at the least I'll have to be around next Thursday during orientation when all the clubs are there for ya'll to check out, so you'll have to stop by IM and FOMA and say hi.

As always if there's anything ya'll need just ask. If you want you can PM me on here and I'll give you my regular email address/IM as I'm more of an email person than anything else.

Hi current students,

I have to get my new FL license and registration done and it's gonna be before 5pm so do we get out before 5pm anytime the first month?

I sent a message to you on Facebook. :cool: You're on the "in-crowd" so let me know! :D

I'm glad to see that med school is not cliquey.

Just got back from the pre-orientation check in, and am officially changing my status to Med Student since I have my ID. Can't wait for next week now!

Ooooh hooo.... yaye! Hmmm, I think I'll wait till Monday-- it'll officially be official. :D

Now is this the Applebees from looking on their website?

7175 State Road 70
Bradenton, FL 34203
Phone: 941.755.2828

Girl, I have no idea... if it's off of exit 217 from I-75 then that's probably it...

Glad to hear everyone's all moved down and starting to get settled in. Hopefully I in the next week or so I'll get to meet some of ya'll, at the least I'll have to be around next Thursday during orientation when all the clubs are there for ya'll to check out, so you'll have to stop by IM and FOMA and say hi.

As always if there's anything ya'll need just ask. If you want you can PM me on here and I'll give you my regular email address/IM as I'm more of an email person than anything else.

Will do!! And btw, I know your sig is for lacrosse-- but my mind still pictures you walking with a pack of laxatives in your pocket. ;)