LECOM - Bradenton Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am going to be turning my PC is to a File-Sharing computer, and I will have it so that people will be able to upload/download study materials and documents. I will be setting this up over the course of the next couple of weeks and will get back to you with the specifics, but basically you will be able to upload the notes you take and download other notes from other people.

Hopefully this way we will all be able to help each other out. Let's just hope Comcast doesn't shut down my internet for bandwidth abuse. Otherwise I might have to pay to upgrade my connection speed.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have their internet through Brighthouse?? I just called and they told me I needed to purchase the 15Mbps internet speed.. I thought I would only need to use the 7Mbps... I will be using wireless or soo.. I may call back and talk to another representative and change it since idk she wouldn't LET ME change it! Does anyone use these speeds and are they okay?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am...for about 2 wks or so...much more than that will suck...

Yay rotations...

Unfortunately, mine is staying in Columbus, OH until our lease is up in September. I'm trying to think of it as a good thing though, because whenever he's around I pay more attention to him than to my homework. At least I'll have nothing but anatomy, anatomy, and more anatomy. Sigh.

I am going to be turning my PC is to a File-Sharing computer, and I will have it so that people will be able to upload/download study materials and documents. I will be setting this up over the course of the next couple of weeks and will get back to you with the specifics, but basically you will be able to upload the notes you take and download other notes from other people.

Hopefully this way we will all be able to help each other out. Let's just hope Comcast doesn't shut down my internet for bandwidth abuse. Otherwise I might have to pay to upgrade my connection speed.

There's also a note share set up on the SGA website here : http://lecomsgabradenton.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=159&board=29.0

You need to be in the current students user group to access it; if any of you regulars want to take a look, pm me and I'll upgrade your account. You need to have an account on the SGA website, obviously - include your username over there in the pm.

Does anyone have their internet through Brighthouse?? I just called and they told me I needed to purchase the 15Mbps internet speed.. I thought I would only need to use the 7Mbps... I will be using wireless or soo.. I may call back and talk to another representative and change it since idk she wouldn't LET ME change it! Does anyone use these speeds and are they okay?

It seems like the people at Brighthouse are slightly incompetent. Everyone I talk to tells me something different, offers me a different package, or gives me a different price. I talked to two different people about the package Amanda said she was getting and neither one of them acknowledged it existed. The best price I got from them was 29.99 for 6 months for the internet, then 44.95 per month for the next 6 months. The cable/internet bundle packages they offered were significantly more than that.

It seems like the people at Brighthouse are slightly incompetent. Everyone I talk to tells me something different, offers me a different package, or gives me a different price. I talked to two different people about the package Amanda said she was getting and neither one of them acknowledged it existed. The best price I got from them was 29.99 for 6 months for the internet, then 44.95 per month for the next 6 months. The cable/internet bundle packages they offered were significantly more than that.

Try to call them back again.. Amanda's package is the one I was offered BUT they made it 46$/month for the 15speed instead of the 7 speed.. I want to call back, but I REALLY hope I don't end up talking to the same person!!!

Zac: Also did you mention you are living at the CG in LWR? This may have something to do with the package deals..

Good, I just called back and spoke to a REALLY nice lady named Ruth and had it changed.. :) now I am paying 36.49/month extra for the extra channels and 7Mbps internet.. yay!

Grrrrr! Really? I didn't call Brighthouse, but the lady I spoke to from CG told me about the $36 deal. I'm gonna be pissed if she gave me false information. It's bad enough that they changed my lease after I signed it without even telling me (my original lease was $905 a month for a 2br/2bath...and now since we have to pay for cable it's $954). :mad:

Good, I just called back and spoke to a REALLY nice lady named Ruth and had it changed.. :) now I am paying 36.49/month extra for the extra channels and 7Mbps internet.. yay!

Ok I just got the same deal. I was calling the national number and not the local one. Glad that was worked out.

Does anyone know of any nice beaches in the Bradenton/Sarasota area that allow small dogs?

I'm actually really excited about introducing my dog to the ocean for the first time, but I'd like to enjoy the beach as well.

Grrrrr! Really? I didn't call Brighthouse, but the lady I spoke to from CG told me about the $36 deal. I'm gonna be pissed if she gave me false information. It's bad enough that they changed my lease after I signed it without even telling me (my original lease was $905 a month for a 2br/2bath...and now since we have to pay for cable it's $954). :mad:

yeah, im super pissed about that too..

Does anyone know of any nice beaches in the Bradenton/Sarasota area that allow small dogs?

I'm actually really excited about introducing my dog to the ocean for the first time, but I'd like to enjoy the beach as well.

There's a great one in Venice, but I'm sure there's a few further north. I have dog too, so I'll be looking for a closer beach for him.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok. So I'd like a little input from everyone here.

I am having a bit of trouble setting up an accessible FTP site for everyone to access. Basically, I am having issues with my in house router. I am going to continue working on this once I get to router-less Bradenton, but I might run into the same issues.

On to the reason for the post.. I am trying to get a Note Sharing site up and running, and FTP would be the easiest (and most importantly FREE) way of doing this, but if I run into issues with Comcast, I might have to purchase a domain name and pay for webhosting. That's not a problem if you all think people would actually use it. Do you think setting this up is too much? From what I've seen at other campuses (NSUCOM comes to mind), the students really benefit from this, although there is the occasional person who takes and takes and does not contribute. But that's a different issue.

I know Dragonwell mentioned we have space for it on SGA, and I'm thankful for that, but it seems like SGA would be a good place to post ideas and thoughts. If we had a dedicated website for people to go to and access only notes, I think more people would use it more frequently.

If we decide to go the website/webhost route, I could always build it and pitch the idea to the LECOM board.

Just looking for input! I don't mind doing the work and setting it up, as long as it's done before classes start. Maintenance would be super easy.

^^ Id be willing to chip in for the cost of paying for a website/server-- its worth it for sharing notes!

I think I got it set up everyone! All I will need is someone to download the program and test it out with me. Once that is done, I'll take requests for how to access it and how to upload files. Hopefully this will work out!

Ok. So I'd like a little input from everyone here.

I know Dragonwell mentioned we have space for it on SGA, and I'm thankful for that, but it seems like SGA would be a good place to post ideas and thoughts. If we had a dedicated website for people to go to and access only notes, I think more people would use it more frequently.

Have you looked at the note sharing area? I think that this would be more than adequate for file sharing, plus everyone would have access. It dosn't look like previous classes used it as much as it is capable of, but it would be easier to have everything in one place and not have several different sites for people to have to maintain. I just assume keep things simple, we're going to have enough difficulties in our lives for the next few years, why complicate the matter.

Well, Kate, I know that it sounds a bit too complicated, and I'm working on it to make it less complicated, but it's only the slightest bit "challenging" to set up, and even then I was able to talk someone through it on AIM last night. While SGA would be nice, segregating each individual file through posts would lead to lost files (or at least lost posts) as more and more people post their notes.

I thank you, however, for your input. I'm still in the midst of testing this and seeing if I cannot make it even easier to where all you would have to do is login to a website and your files are waiting for you. I will keep seeing what I can do to make it less complicated.

^^ Id be willing to chip in for the cost of paying for a website/server-- its worth it for sharing notes!

Oh well thank you, but I wouldn't ask for people to chip in for the costs. Thank you, though!

Have you looked at the note sharing area? I think that this would be more than adequate for file sharing, plus everyone would have access. It dosn't look like previous classes used it as much as it is capable of, but it would be easier to have everything in one place and not have several different sites for people to have to maintain. I just assume keep things simple, we're going to have enough difficulties in our lives for the next few years, why complicate the matter.

The note-sharing area of the SGA site is ok, but I agree that it would be nice to have a place with more organization than a discussion board. I like to keep my notes WAY organized, and there's not really anyway to do that on the board, except by date posted...meh.

Also, remember, that it wouldn't be mandatory that every person in the class use this...just those that want to...

Let's just wait and see what BC's magical computer powers come up with, and we'll see if it's something we think we can use easily when it's done...

Important question: We should check and make sure that this site would be accessible from school though. LECOM is pretty strict about their data usage policies, and they may have blocked all ftp access and/or file downloads...

How 'bout it Dragonwell? Do you know?

On a lighter note: I"LL BE IN FLORIDA IN 2 WEEKS!!!! WHOOO HOOO!!!

On a lighter note: I"LL BE IN FLORIDA IN 2 WEEKS!!!! WHOOO HOOO!!!

Is there anyone here now? I've been here since the fourth and am feeling a bit like Will Smith in I am Legend.

I'd be willing to help move people in too.

Last edited:
LECOM uses a commercial web filtering system - don't recall the exact name, but it screens potentially offensive sites, like urban dictionary, youtube, :rolleyes: etc....

In short, I don't think it'd be a problem to access ftp from campus. Whether it would be useful enough to justify setting up would be another question. Note services seem to be very helpful at schools with lecture based curriculums, but since there are very few lectures after anatomy, I'm not sure how helpful notes will be to you. Just something to keep in mind.

There's plenty of extra space on the sga server if you want to try setting up an ftp, BTW.

LECOM uses a commercial web filtering system - don't recall the exact name, but it screens potentially offensive sites, like urban dictionary, youtube, :rolleyes: etc....

In short, I don't think it'd be a problem to access ftp from campus. Whether it would be useful enough to justify setting up would be another question. Note services seem to be very helpful at schools with lecture based curriculums, but since there are very few lectures after anatomy, I'm not sure how helpful notes will be to you. Just something to keep in mind.

There's plenty of extra space on the sga server if you want to try setting up an ftp, BTW.

I was going to ask you that until I was able to find a place that offers free webhosting and a plethora of file space (5GB) and bandwidth (50GB).

I am not the best web designer (actually I suck), but I am working through it. I leave for Florida on Friday and will be spending a week down with family, but they leave on Thursday, July 17 and I will be on my own. Comcast comes that evening to set up my internet. Once that is done, I will work on the webpage. At the time I already have a website for us to use, albeit ugly at this time. I will get my butt in gear once I get down to Florida to get it aesthetically pleasing (as to the best of my ability) and get the files easily accessible through a series of links (a link to Histology, a link to Anatomy, a link to Embryology, etc).

I know, DW, that there aren't a lot of lectures, but I think online notes would still help. For example, when I study I like to write out notes from the book material that I read. I usually (95% of the time) type them out as my handwriting can go to chicken scratch rather quickly and lead to wrist pain even more quickly. I am sure that there are a few other people out there that do the same thing. Doing it this way will allow everyone who wishes to participate a chance to share resources and work together across PBL groups and through the curriculum.

The website, for anyone who wishes to have it now, is:

http://www.lecomnotes.vndv.com/home.html

It will not be updated until at least July 18, so don't keep refreshing the page in the hopes that it changes: it won't.

Thank you all for your input and I'll get to work on it ASAP.

Is there anyone here now? I've been here since the fourth and am feeling a bit like Will Smith in I am Legend.

I'm here, I'm just a little boring with three kids! My days here consist primarilly of Spongebob, Tak and Wii (which is why I'm on the computer right now).

Also, you should go to the Applebees get together this Friday! I don't know if I'll be able to make it but I'm sure you'll be able to meet up with a few other students that are here.

Also, you should go to the Applebees get together this Friday! I don't know if I'll be able to make it but I'm sure you'll be able to meet up with a few other students that are here.

I'm definitely planning on attending.

Ok, so I just received my first medschool book in the mail (Atlas of Gross Clinical Anatomy) and after looking at it have decided I am dropping out. So my spots open to anyone who wants it!

:slap:
Ok, so I just received my first medschool book in the mail (Atlas of Gross Clinical Anatomy) and after looking at it have decided I am dropping out. So my spots open to anyone who wants it!

:slap: :lol:

Is that a joke?

lol. guys, I am sure its a joke.. if not, well then that is sad..

When I flip through Anatomy atlas, I get into this real philosophical thinking process. Not sure if others feel that way too.

....I think online notes would still help. For example, when I study I like to write out notes from the book material that I read. I usually (95% of the time) type them out as my handwriting can go to chicken scratch rather quickly and lead to wrist pain even more quickly. I am sure that there are a few other people out there that do the same thing. Doing it this way will allow everyone who wishes to participate a chance to share resources and work together across PBL groups and through the curriculum.....

Two things to keep in mind. One, there are actually tons of notes floating around from the four previous classes, most of which aren't even on the noteserver. There were some passed around in CD form and on flash drives that your big bro or sis probably has.

Two, you might not be able to study the same way in medical school that you did before. Taking notes on this amount of material can be next to impossible often times. You may have to totally change the way you study. You really need to read each chapter a time or two to get the general picture, then a third or forth time to start picking up details before you really even understand what the important concepts are. You'll be reading craploads of extraneous material in each chapter, and if you really take the time to make notes on that stuff, you may find yourself falling quickly behind. Trust me, the first time or two through some of those chapters you really won't even know what's important and what you need to know. You'll find yourself reading a lot of outside material sometimes in an effort to understand what the text is saying.

The key to doing really well is not picking out important tidbits and commiting them to memory. It's really understanding the broad picture and the relationships between everything. In other words, you can read all about congestive heart failure, jot down and memorize the signs and symptoms of it....or you can learn the important concepts of the anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, etc. of the cardio, pulmonary and vascular systems and you should be able to come up with the signs and symptoms on your own when you get a question about it.

That said, there are some classes where notes are great, OMM for example. Of course, all the notes you ever needed to know about OMM have already been written down by your previous classmates. Pharmacolgy and Microbiology are subjects that you might benefit a lot from notes as well because so much of those two is just brute force memorization. Why does metronidazole cause nausea and leave a metallic taste is some patient's mouths? Who the heck knows. It's just a side effect you need to memorize.

If it works for you, by all means do it. All I'm saying is just make sure that you are flexible and willing to look at other options.

Speaking of big sibs, when do we get them? I filled out the form a while ago, but haven't heard anything back. Is this another orientation thing?

Speaking of big sibs, when do we get them? I filled out the form a while ago, but haven't heard anything back. Is this another orientation thing?

They should contact you by email before orientation so you can ask questions and stuff..... but there is usually a day during orientation where you meet for lunch, if your sib is back in town by then. Then, there's usually a cookout after class starts back where you can meet all the upperclassmen.

They should contact you by email before orientation so you can ask questions and stuff..... but there is usually a day during orientation where you meet for lunch, if your sib is back in town by then. Then, there's usually a cookout after class starts back where you can meet all the upperclassmen.

I got mine already...

Edit: The picnic is Sat Aug 2nd "at a local park". I'm glad they're specific, at least :)

Two things to keep in mind. One, there are actually tons of notes floating around from the four previous classes, most of which aren't even on the noteserver. There were some passed around in CD form and on flash drives that your big bro or sis probably has.

Two, you might not be able to study the same way in medical school that you did before. Taking notes on this amount of material can be next to impossible often times. You may have to totally change the way you study. You really need to read each chapter a time or two to get the general picture, then a third or forth time to start picking up details before you really even understand what the important concepts are. You'll be reading craploads of extraneous material in each chapter, and if you really take the time to make notes on that stuff, you may find yourself falling quickly behind. Trust me, the first time or two through some of those chapters you really won't even know what's important and what you need to know. You'll find yourself reading a lot of outside material sometimes in an effort to understand what the text is saying.

The key to doing really well is not picking out important tidbits and commiting them to memory. It's really understanding the broad picture and the relationships between everything. In other words, you can read all about congestive heart failure, jot down and memorize the signs and symptoms of it....or you can learn the important concepts of the anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, etc. of the cardio, pulmonary and vascular systems and you should be able to come up with the signs and symptoms on your own when you get a question about it.

That said, there are some classes where notes are great, OMM for example. Of course, all the notes you ever needed to know about OMM have already been written down by your previous classmates. Pharmacolgy and Microbiology are subjects that you might benefit a lot from notes as well because so much of those two is just brute force memorization. Why does metronidazole cause nausea and leave a metallic taste is some patient's mouths? Who the heck knows. It's just a side effect you need to memorize.

If it works for you, by all means do it. All I'm saying is just make sure that you are flexible and willing to look at other options.

I see what you're saying, and it makes a lot of sense. My study habits (when I actually decided to study in UG) consisted of reading the assigned chapters, then going back over and reading them again with a highlighter, then writing/typing out notes over the material, and then re-reading it after the lecture that day. Since I will have a lot more pre-reading to do in Medical School, my plan is to dedicate a weekend day (Saturday or Sunday) to reviewing the material from the previous week in full.

I am not asking or forcing anyone to use this website, I just figured that with me typing up my notes anyways, I wouldn't mind sharing them with people who really wanted to have them. This website will be set up for people who have some kind of notes or scans of drawings or even data from flash drives/CD's that they wish to share with everyone else. Even if I am the only one to use it for uploading purposes, at least people have a chance to get use out of them (or I could remote access them during a study group).

My biggest obstacle I've faced with this has been getting the FTP portion loaded onto the website. I have a TON of free time and usually am sitting alone at my place anyways. This will give me something to do on those days before classes start and nobody is looking to hang out. Once it is set up, it will be an extra 30 sec to 60 sec per evening to upload my own files (maybe 10 minutes if I get a lot of people emailing files one night).

I think that, with all of the free-floating information around, if it could be consolidated for future classes, then its worth could not be measured. I am not looking for compensation or gratitude, I'm just simply trying to do my best to be a helpful fellow student. I remember in an interview I had someone (a Dean or something) gave a speech that said "don't do anything more than your capable of doing, but do what you're capable doing to the best of your ability." I may not be the best study partner or student, but if I can help, even a bit, by giving my notes to others, so be it.

So, to end my long-winded-ness, I've downloaded a website creator that allows me to make a more user-friendly website. Although it may look hideous now (and it really really does), I think this will be a good way to have the site: a home page with links to all of the other subjects and their files... hopefully. If I cannot figure out how to get the files to display on the page, then it will be all for naught. Here is the updated site:

http://www.lecomnotes.vndv.com/home.html

All criticisms (except dealing with aesthetics because I know it's terrible) are welcome. Sorry for the lengthy post.

^Great Thanks so much BC! I am super excited about the note thing, at least.. and I will submit my notes, as well.. when I have them.. and I have not, unlike some of you, even bothered to open a book or look at an anatomy flash card -- yet.

Congrats to those that have already moved down....hope you're enjoying Florida so far.

.....Just sitting here catching up on the thread. And for those wondering.... Jamaica = AWESOME. Will put up some pictures when I get 'em on the computer. It's going to be very hard to come back to school. But I've been able to do a lot of hands on stuff, shoulder injection, removing skin lesions, lots of practice with history and physical exam, etc.

Nice work so far with the note server idea. If it's something ya'll will use then go for it. A lot of stuff, at least for our class, got passed around informally via usb sticks and such so eventually notes seemed to work their way around naturally.

That said I've pretty much stopped taking notes. I'm not a quick reader at all and besides the few short notes/charts here and there I just can't get through the material AND take decent notes on it. Some can which is good. But there are already a lot of notes/study guides already available so if I really need something to look at I can usually find it.

Congrats to those that have already moved down....hope you're enjoying Florida so far.

.....Just sitting here catching up on the thread. And for those wondering.... Jamaica = AWESOME. Will put up some pictures when I get 'em on the computer. It's going to be very hard to come back to school. But I've been able to do a lot of hands on stuff, shoulder injection, removing skin lesions, lots of practice with history and physical exam, etc.

Nice work so far with the note server idea. If it's something ya'll will use then go for it. A lot of stuff, at least for our class, got passed around informally via usb sticks and such so eventually notes seemed to work their way around naturally.

That said I've pretty much stopped taking notes. I'm not a quick reader at all and besides the few short notes/charts here and there I just can't get through the material AND take decent notes on it. Some can which is good. But there are already a lot of notes/study guides already available so if I really need something to look at I can usually find it.

Just got another helpful email from June Flaim...go check it out!

Thanks for all the help and info guys. BC, you might have some time to kill now (so do we all, I think...hence SDN), but that might change very quickly.

I, for one, am planning to get physically assaulted by the amount of information we'll be going through, and may take some notes, but I know there won't be time to take full notes on everything...

I have found that physically writing, and rewriting stuff can help memorize it faster...as does saying it outloud while doing that...but you look really weird doing it...

I've heard med school most often compared to drinking from a firehose, and if you've ever seen UHF, then you'll realize that trying to write notes while this happens is nearly impossible...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbbNCWZ2lvA[/YOUTUBE]

Great job with the note server. One quick question...can we password protect the site? I only ask because the faculty might not like the idea of other schools or even future incoming classes getting a hold of our notes. If we can password protect it, I think only our class should have access. What does everyone else think?

^Great Thanks so much BC! I am super excited about the note thing, at least.. and I will submit my notes, as well.. when I have them.. and I have not, unlike some of you, even bothered to open a book or look at an anatomy flash card -- yet.

I haven't looked at anything either. I ALSO haven't ordered any books yet. (Doing that now.) I'd like to relax and enjoy my last few weeks of free time before it all goes away. Opening books not is not relaxing to me.

I haven't looked at anything either. I ALSO haven't ordered any books yet. (Doing that now.) I'd like to relax and enjoy my last few weeks of free time before it all goes away. Opening books not is not relaxing to me.

I've been CALMLY skimming anatomy a little. I don't want to get too hardcore just yet either...

Password protecting is always a good idea, and I think it will be eventually...

We wouldn't want some unscrupulous folks to happen across our server and use it to upload and download porn or something, now would we?

Did anyone else notice the slight change to the pre-orientation days. They now have July 23rd, 24th, and 25th assigned to last names by letter.

I had been planning to come on Friday, but now have to get down there earlier so I can come on Thursday...I don't know if my house is going to be ready by then though...

I've been CALMLY skimming anatomy a little. I don't want to get too hardcore just yet either...

Password protecting is always a good idea, and I think it will be eventually...

We wouldn't want some unscrupulous folks to happen across our server and use it to upload and download porn or something, now would we?

Did anyone else notice the slight change to the pre-orientation days. They now have July 23rd, 24th, and 25th assigned to last names by letter.

I had been planning to come on Friday, but now have to get down there earlier so I can come on Thursday...I don't know if my house is going to be ready by then though...

Seriously!! I planned on going in on Friday the 25th, as I was driving down to Bradenton the previous day. Has anyone called yet to ask if we need to adhere to this?

Last edited:
Seriously!! I planned on going in on Friday the 25th, as I was driving down to Bradenton the previous day. Nice how they generalize at first and now assign us to specific days. Has anyone called yet to ask if we need to adhere to this?

I haven't called yet. When I talked to Heather a week or so ago, I said that I was coming on Friday and she said, "we'll be here"...but she might now have known about this...

It's not that big a deal...now I'll just have to drive down 1 day earlier...good thing I didn't make any hotel reservations or anything...

I haven't called yet. When I talked to Heather a week or so ago, I said that I was coming on Friday and she said, "we'll be here"...but she might now have known about this...

It's not that big a deal...now I'll just have to drive down 1 day earlier...good thing I didn't make any hotel reservations or anything...

Just found out they'll make exceptions as they're aware people are relocating. I'd just shoot June an e-mail to let her know just incase. I'm set to go in on Friday.

Well, I save all my files in the .docx or .xlsx format, which is the format for Office '07. If I'm going to try to copy LauraDO and give out my Histo (and beyond) notes, I want to know if I have to save my files in both 97-2003 format and 07 format. I know it'd be simpler to save in the older format, but it is just easier to have one copy of files on my PC than two. I type up all of my notes, so you can see how that would get a bit overwhelming.

On top of that, once or twice or thrice a month I like to go through my PC's files and compress space, deleting anything I do not need and organizing what I do have. If I were to make both save files, my folders would look like:

• My Documents
    • College Documents
    • Medical School Documents
      • Histology
        • 97-2003
      • Anatomy
        • 97-2003
      • Embryology
        • 97-2003

.. and so on. I know that probably isn't necessary, but I hate my files being disorganized on my computer.

Anyone with an earlier version of Office will be prompted to download an update to recognize the newer 2007-8 format. No problem at all for those without the newest Microsoft Office.

NEWS FLASH: The Facebook group is temporarily out of order. LECOM facebook'd me and told me that we aren't allowed to use the name or logos of the school.

So, those of you making websites (ahem, BC): watch out!

I'm waiting to hear back about whether or not we can keep the name, or if the group needs to be deleted completely. There's no way to change the name, nor do I know what I would change it too...maybe: "that DO school in florida on the gulf coast"???

Great job with the note server. One quick question...can we password protect the site? I only ask because the faculty might not like the idea of other schools or even future incoming classes getting a hold of our notes. If we can password protect it, I think only our class should have access. What does everyone else think?

NEWS FLASH: The Facebook group is temporarily out of order. LECOM facebook'd me and told me that we aren't allowed to use the name or logos of the school.

So, those of you making websites (ahem, BC): watch out!

I'm waiting to hear back about whether or not we can keep the name, or if the group needs to be deleted completely. There's no way to change the name, nor do I know what I would change it too...maybe: "that DO school in florida on the gulf coast"???

I am going to work on password protecting it as soon as I can figure out how to get FTP to load on the damned site. Also, I will fix the title of the site, but the web-address is unchangable at this time. If they start to get mad, I'll say "lecomnotes" stands for collect "LEt's COllect My Notes" or something.

wow. lecom wont allow the use of their name in a facebook group?? that is some ridiculous rules right there.. i wonder what their reasoning is..