Lecom (Bradenton) MMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Random question but how many people in the MMS program? And how much are medical vs dental vs pharm?
This year was 96 total, half medical and half dental. No pharm.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Random question but how many people in the MMS program? And how much are medical vs dental vs pharm?
Last time I checked, there was 82 people (not including the people who dropped out) in MMS and it was split almost equal between medical and dental. We don't have any pharm in our class

Thanks for replying! How many hours did you study a day? How did your average day look like during the program? Congrats on being accepted to med school!
On busy days with a lot of classes I would study maybe 2 hours, but on days with only one or no classes I would study/read 6-8 hours. Summer semester, there would be an exam every week (there were only 2 classes so it was pretty manageable). Fall and Spring: Every Monday we had an exam on one subject, no other classes. Tuesday and Thursday we would have 3 classes from 9:30am to 5pm (PBL was from 3-5) with a lunch break between the first 2 classes. Wednesday and Friday we had one class. Since there is a new director, I am not sure how the curriculum and schedule will change, but they will probably keep the one exam per week. It was constant studying everyday just to keep up with the information, not including reading the textbook (which some professors will require and they will even ask you specific questions from the book that was not mentioned in the slide set).

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last time I checked, there was 82 people (not including the people who dropped out) in MMS and it was split almost equal between medical and dental. We don't have any pharm in our class
So 30 out of 41 eventually end up at the med school?

So 30 out of 41 eventually end up at the med school?
anatomy professor said a month ago we only had about 66 people in the class atm. The first group interview for med everyone got in and that was 18 people. I cant speak for the 2nd group as I wasn’t there. Any number given would be an estimation. All we can say is that if you get a 3.4+, have the required mcat and don’t do anything unprofessional you’re a shoe in

Where is the schedule for 2020-2021? I’m looking at the portal now and only see last year’s schedule

Hello, Does anyone have the booklist for the Brandenton MMS program? Do they frequently change textbooks?

Hello, Does anyone have the booklist for the Brandenton MMS program? Do they frequently change textbooks?
Dr. Gnarra sent our booklist a couple of weeks before class started. Idk whether they will change the books or not. Some of the editions were different this year from last year so I'd just wait.

Does anyone know if this masters offers a guaranteed interview into their dental school or is this a bridge program (where you get accepted into the dental school if you perform well)?

Does anyone know if this masters offers a guaranteed interview into their dental school or is this a bridge program (where you get accepted into the dental school if you perform well)?

I believe it's a guaranteed interview for both dental and med students

Members don't see this ad :)
You will be given an interview if you have a 3.0 GPA or above.

anatomy professor said a month ago we only had about 66 people in the class atm. The first group interview for med everyone got in and that was 18 people. I cant speak for the 2nd group as I wasn’t there. Any number given would be an estimation. All we can say is that if you get a 3.4+, have the required mcat and don’t do anything unprofessional you’re a shoe in

Hi, I was accepted recently and looking for some insight and advice. If that number and my math is right, that means that almost 1/3 of the class dropped the program?

Do you know why the number is so high? Thanks

I just received my acceptance letter in the mail. I did not have a phone interview so I was worried when the portal updated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone get a call from LECOM today? I missed the call and the voice mail that was left was talking about an update for the MMS program.

The new director, Dr. Coffman just called to give an update about the program. The entire MMS program will be fully online. However you can still use their facilities and have PBL groups on campus. The health class in the summer is removed. A 1 credit hour medical terminology will replace it for summer and the other 2 credit hours will be added to pathophysiology.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
The new director, Dr. Kauffman just called to give an update about the program. The entire MMS program will be fully online. However you can still use their facilities and have PBL groups on campus. The health class in the summer is removed. A 1 credit hour medical terminology will replace it for summer and the other 2 credit hours will be added to pathophysiology.

It will be online the entire year?

The new director, Dr. Kauffman just called to give an update about the program. The entire MMS program will be fully online. However you can still use their facilities and have PBL groups on campus. The health class in the summer is removed. A 1 credit hour medical terminology will replace it for summer and the other 2 credit hours will be added to pathophysiology.

Thank you for the update, it seems after the pharmacy department went this route that the MMS program would follow soon after.

I thought Dr. Simpson would be taking over as director. Dr. Kauffman is the director of the med school.

I thought Dr. Simpson would be taking over as director. Dr. Kauffman is the director of the med school.
Hm, that is just what Dr. Coffman told me. He was saying there were a couple changes in directors.

Last edited:
Is the Facebook group called LECOM Bradenton MMS 2020-2021? It has 31 members.

Is everyone still planning on going to live in Bradenton?

All of these changes honestly kind of worries me. When I asked questions about details about how exactly classes will be taught, he said he couldn't answer b/c I guess they are trying to transition .

Do you guys think this program is still worth, esp it if it's online? I have a 3.2 c/s gpa I am thinking about just taking some post-bacc courses and retaking the DAT

Is everyone still planning on going to live in Bradenton?

I was wondering that. I’m not sure what to do. Would you just stay home?

I was wondering that. I’m not sure what to do. Would you just stay home?

I will most likely stay at home if the program will be 100% online. I live about 3 hours from Bradenton.

Reactions: 2 users
If it's 100% online, save on rent, and stay home. If the linkage is just as strong even though it's online then it's worth it. But I guess the question is, is the linkage just as strong?

Reactions: 3 users
If it's 100% online, save on rent, and stay home. If the linkage is just as strong even though it's online then it's worth it. But I guess the question is, is the linkage just as strong?

This is what I am worried about. Hopefully it's just a switch to online with everything else being the same.

This is what I am worried about. Hopefully it's just a switch to online with everything else being the same.
I would assume so, believe it or not, LECOM has always been straight forward with us. I would expect they would have mentioned something if it wasn't.

I’m still planning on it. It was recommended to live there.

Same here, also gonna be living there to use the library and be around students or else i'd off myself studying 5-6 hours a day with no people around lol

Same here, also gonna be living there to use the library and be around students or else i'd off myself studying 5-6 hours a day with no people around lol
That’s exactly my plan haha

Hey everyone! I just got my acceptance letter! Praise the Lord!!! It said I needed to pay something by May 1st, does anyone know if this still applies if I got the letter on May 4th?

Hey everyone! I just got my acceptance letter! Praise the Lord!!! It said I needed to pay something by May 1st, does anyone know if this still applies if I got the letter on May 4th?

I believe we have to have it in by May 14th.

Dr. Coffman is so nice!
He said that there might be a chance we might have an in person classes in the spring so it’s not 100% online....AH I would love to save money on rent but idk what to do with my lease :/

Last edited:
omg it’s all online?!!

I just signed a

Dr. Coffman is so nice!
He said that there might be a chance we might have an in person classes in the spring so it’s not 100% online....AH I would love to save money on rent but idk what to do with my lease
I messaged you cooper

Just so anyone who have the committee have yet to make a decision on your file status, it means that they’re still missing something from your application. I was devastated to find out today because I turn my app in beginning of April.

omg it’s all online?!!

I just signed a

Dr. Coffman is so nice!
He said that there might be a chance we might have an in person classes in the spring so it’s not 100% online....AH I would love to save money on rent but idk what to do with my lease

Ahh! Now I'm not sure if it's going to be 100% online or not with different information! I haven't signed a lease yet waiting on news about classes and even still... Having to sign a lease for a chance of an in person class in spring. I'll see if I can contact them for more information if possible

Is the new director's last name kauffman or coffman? There are two professors that are named kauffman and coffman

Jonathan Coffman. He ran Barry University's BMS program prior to LECOM.
Really nice guy! I think him calling students individually speaks volumes. He said he’s trying to call all accepted MMS students to update them on the changes

k
Ahh! Now I'm not sure if it's going to be 100% online or not with different information! I haven't signed a lease yet waiting on news about classes and even still... Having to sign a lease for a chance of an in person class in spring. I'll see if I can contact them for more information if possible

Yeah he said they're hoping they can do in person classes Spring semester. But you're going to have the flu with COVID in the winter.
AH to break my lease, it'll cost 4 months of rent and I have a 1BA/BED so it's going to cost about 4000'ish.

k

Yeah he said they're hoping they can do in person classes Spring semester. But you're going to have the flu with COVID in the winter.
AH to break my lease, it'll cost 4 months of rent and I have a 1BA/BED so it's going to cost about 4000'ish.

Where did you lease with? I am looking for apartments but they are so expensive with one bed and one bath...

Hey guys I am still pretty wanting to move to bradenton even though it is online... just because I think it would help me to study better because i am near school but what are you guys opinions ??