LECOM Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I wasnt saying google in general, but clearly dental schools have stats to say "we are ranked #10 nationally/worldwide/etc." Compare LECOM with UBuffalo for example. Ranking goes beyond the average stat of an applicant, it has to do with research experience/clinical hours/curriculum as a whole, how bout we stop flooding the sdn page with this lol.
I am all in about stopping this. but clinical hours of LECOM is one of the top 5 in the nation! I know people in both of the schools you mentioned and I know that LECOM folks have much larger patient pool than UB. In terms of research, I am not interested in research so I dont really care. But I do really care about clinical and I know LECOM is one of the best... I hope you get accepted to LECOM very soon and we meet in the beautiful sunshine state :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
just wondering, if you got accepted to "top schools" why you are so interested in getting into a school which is not in your "top school" list?
Because there are people that do not want to go out of state for dental school, and even better if the DS is 30 minutes from home ;)

Actually I went to FSU for undergrad, so I should be the most biased against UF, but I have to say Gainesville is actually really nice. My siblings both went there for undergrad. UF is also one of the best dental schools in the country. Not sure where you are getting your info..
I’m getting my info from the 4 years I spent there earning my undergrad degree, don’t act like you’re a GNV expert. It isn’t

Members don't see this ad :)
I love Gainesville! Not an expert, just saying I don’t think it’s a trash can 🤷‍♀️ I think a lot of people would love it there if they can get in!
I promise you'll have a change of heart if you live there for a prolonged period of time. It's a garbagecan, the city literally relies on UF to stay afloat

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Back to brass tacks guys anyone get off the waitlist ????

• Dislike
WELL THEN... this chat just got really awkward really fast lol! As a current student, here’s what I’ll say to all of this:

Not everyone who applies to LECOM does it as a “gimme in hopes to get better offers.” This school was in my top three and I’m here. So yes, there are plenty of people who want to be here! To those who didn’t get the results you wanted, I’m so sorry. I know this process is hard, but it is a part of life that you don’t always get what you want, unfortunately. No matter what happens at the end of this cycle, please keep going and don’t give up. I’m sure where ever you end up, you’ll be a great dentist! As others have stated, LECOM is a great school and has its positives and negatives just like every other dental school, but let’s keep this thread upbeat please. I understand this process is frustrating, but I hope you can try to see the positive in your situation, whatever that may be. There are plenty of applicants who spent thousands of dollars who didn’t even get an interview this cycle. Please count your blessings to even be selected for one, and realize there are people reading who wished they were in your shoes, whether that is the waitlist or even an interview. Trust me when I say that your day will come, and I promise you will end up where you were meant to go! Moving forward, can we please keep this thread on topic and professional.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Is the estimated COA on the website accurate? I think I heard that the estimated COA is based on 10 month period during the interview.

Coa is accurate. D1 is 10 months, whereas the other years are 12 months. It's why the living expenses and misc loans increase.

To anyone who interviewed and did not get on the waitlist or accepted, did you get an official rejection yet? Or nothing?

To anyone who interviewed and did not get on the waitlist or accepted, did you get an official rejection yet? Or nothing?
When did you interview? My friend interviewed early Apr and got a waitlist offer a few days ago. If you just recently interviewed, they might not get up to you yet. If you interviewed awhile back and did not get any waitlist or rejection email/portal change, I think you are still being considered for a spot.

Just checked my portal and they updated it to a denial, then they updated my status on their website saying they sent me a letter in the mail. Goodluck guys

I am so sorry :( were you waitlisted before you got rejection email?
I did not receive an email and when I interviewed they said its rolling admissions. I found out because I checked aadsas and it was updated.

• Care
Hi guys I was wondering if the adcom sends a confirmation email for receiving your letter of intent/thank you letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
Asking for a friend. Has anyone gotten off the waitlist yet?
Nope. I haven’t heard of any waitlist movement at all yet. I don’t think they even started pulling people from the waitlist

Does anyone know if the class is full?

does LECOM give out any scholarships?
Yes, you fill out a scholarship application in the fall and it's applied toward spring tuition. It's not a huge scholarship (basically everyone that applies gets it), but it still helps.

Reactions: 1 users
so stressed.... 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ Does anyone know likely it is to get off the waitlist?
I’ve heard that in past years more than half the class came from the waitlist but who knows with this cycle

• Wow
I assume the class is full but is anyone planning to attend different school?
Nope because I haven’t been accepted anywhere, only placed on 2 waitlists

• Care
Has anyone gotten anything lately at all? Acceptance, rejection, or waitlist?

**One student in class of 2022 was accepted one week after class started

I just saw this :cryi::cryi: Lets not lose hope
Omg that is so unbelievably nerve wracking. Especially since the new application opens today I don’t really want to spend thousands of dollars reapplying if I get off the waitlist but then if I don’t, and don’t reapply I’m screwed. It’s honestly really messed up that they put us in these situations

Have you heard of any waitlist movement at all from LECOM? I’ve heard nothing. So is the class full?
Meaning have you heard of anyone that’s been accepted off the waitlist yet?

No... I personally don’t know anyone who has been accepted off the waitlist. my friend and I are both still waitlisted. I contacted the admissions and let them know that LECOM is still my top choice.

I feel like there is little/no waitlist movement so far...
Yeah I agree I also feel like there hasn’t been any waitlist movement either which is weird because no one knows if the class is full or not. I know they did release the waitlist late this year in comparison to previous years so idk if that has something to do with it? But I just want to know if the class is full and when to expect possible waitlist movement

Does anyone have any anecdotal info on how big/small the alternate list is and when/how many people have been taken off it in the past? I know someone from the past few yrs at LECOM posted somewhere on SDN that a significant portion of their class was accepted as an alternate, but has anyone else heard anything similar happen recently

Does anyone have any anecdotal info on how big/small the alternate list is and when/how many people have been taken off it in the past? I know someone from the past few yrs at LECOM posted somewhere on SDN that a significant portion of their class was accepted as an alternate, but has anyone else heard anything similar happen recently
No one on here knows how big or small the alternate list is, let alone when or how many people will receive a seat.

If you're still on the list, then there's a good chance that the class is NOT full. If the class was full, you would've been denied already.

With ~2 months left until the first day of school, if you're still on the alternate list, you should strongly consider reapplying. Better to have the next round of applications in early than scramble to submit late.

Reactions: 2 users
No one on here knows how big or small the alternate list is, let alone when or how many people will receive a seat.

If you're still on the list, then there's a good chance that the class is NOT full. If the class was full, you would've been denied already.

With ~2 months left until the first day of school, if you're still on the alternate list, you should strongly consider reapplying. Better to have the next round of applications in early than scramble to submit late.
It’s just weird because to my knowledge they still haven’t pulled anyone from the waitlist. Why make it if very few will be accepted off?

I know of one person that was accepted off the waitlist 2 weeks ago. They interviewed mid February and have a 3.5 cGPA, 3.4 sGPA, 24 AA and 22 PAT. So I guess waitlist movement did start but this person does not know anyone else that’s been accepted off the waitlist

Hey guys! Does anyone know how strict LECOM is with their computer requirements? My laptop is 12 inches but on the paper in the matriculation packet it says we need a 13 inch one. My resolution meets the requirements so I’m not sure if it would slide. Thank you!!

Hey guys! Does anyone know how strict LECOM is with their computer requirements? My laptop is 12 inches but on the paper in the matriculation packet it says we need a 13 inch one. My resolution meets the requirements so I’m not sure if it would slide. Thank you!!
The policy isn't really enforced. The hardware is more important since the exam software does require those specs for ram and processor.

The policy isn't really enforced. The hardware is more important since the exam software does require those specs for ram and processor.
Thank you!! I really don’t wanna buy a new laptop.

Interview #1
School
: LECOM
Notification date: 8/17/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16/2020
Application complete date: 7/30/20 (took my DAT 7/19)
GPA (science, overall): 3.5/3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/18/18/30/Biology-16-ouch :(
Interview date: 10/22/20
Method of interview: Online
Can I please DM you? Looking to apply to LECOM this cycle with a lower DAT

has anyone gotten off the waitlist recently?
Nope. I don’t understand what’s going on. In previous years there’s been a decent amount of waitlist movement and this year I only know of one person that’s been accepted off the waitlist. Why even make the waitlist if most people won’t be accepted off?

and they don't even send out rejections :rofl:
YEP. Like what am I supposed to do just wait around until July to see if I get in? I’ve been putting so much on hold clinging on to the fact that I still have a chance to be accepted but at this point I feel like it’s false hope and I should just accept the fact that I have to reapply 🤬

Do you think if it’s a big difference if I submit my application in July instead of June? I want to reapply early but still want to wait for the final decisions.

Do you think if it’s a big difference if I submit my application in July instead of June? I want to reapply early but still want to wait for the final decisions.
Wondering the same thing honestly

Haven’t heard anything. It’s been so quiet it’s scary
It’s so annoying because in previous years half the class came from the waitlist so what’s the issue this year? I know of OME person that’s been accepted off the waitlist. ONE

• Wow
If you look on the AADSAS website at their refund policy, it states that reapplicants accepted after June 1st from the previous cycle can request a refund within two weeks of their acceptance. If you can get a refund once accepted, I don’t see why you would wait and make your app later if it’s ready to submit for this cycle.

Reactions: 2 users