LECOM Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Started by Stanelz
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just wondering, if you got accepted to "top schools" why you are so interested in getting into a school which is not in your "top school" list?
Because there are people that do not want to go out of state for dental school, and even better if the DS is 30 minutes from home 😉
 
Actually I went to FSU for undergrad, so I should be the most biased against UF, but I have to say Gainesville is actually really nice. My siblings both went there for undergrad. UF is also one of the best dental schools in the country. Not sure where you are getting your info..
I’m getting my info from the 4 years I spent there earning my undergrad degree, don’t act like you’re a GNV expert. It isn’t
 
I love Gainesville! Not an expert, just saying I don’t think it’s a trash can 🤷‍♀️ I think a lot of people would love it there if they can get in!
I promise you'll have a change of heart if you live there for a prolonged period of time. It's a garbagecan, the city literally relies on UF to stay afloat
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WELL THEN... this chat just got really awkward really fast lol! As a current student, here’s what I’ll say to all of this:

Not everyone who applies to LECOM does it as a “gimme in hopes to get better offers.” This school was in my top three and I’m here. So yes, there are plenty of people who want to be here! To those who didn’t get the results you wanted, I’m so sorry. I know this process is hard, but it is a part of life that you don’t always get what you want, unfortunately. No matter what happens at the end of this cycle, please keep going and don’t give up. I’m sure where ever you end up, you’ll be a great dentist! As others have stated, LECOM is a great school and has its positives and negatives just like every other dental school, but let’s keep this thread upbeat please. I understand this process is frustrating, but I hope you can try to see the positive in your situation, whatever that may be. There are plenty of applicants who spent thousands of dollars who didn’t even get an interview this cycle. Please count your blessings to even be selected for one, and realize there are people reading who wished they were in your shoes, whether that is the waitlist or even an interview. Trust me when I say that your day will come, and I promise you will end up where you were meant to go! Moving forward, can we please keep this thread on topic and professional.
 
Last edited:
To anyone who interviewed and did not get on the waitlist or accepted, did you get an official rejection yet? Or nothing?
 
To anyone who interviewed and did not get on the waitlist or accepted, did you get an official rejection yet? Or nothing?
When did you interview? My friend interviewed early Apr and got a waitlist offer a few days ago. If you just recently interviewed, they might not get up to you yet. If you interviewed awhile back and did not get any waitlist or rejection email/portal change, I think you are still being considered for a spot.
 
Just checked my portal and they updated it to a denial, then they updated my status on their website saying they sent me a letter in the mail. Goodluck guys
 
Hi guys I was wondering if the adcom sends a confirmation email for receiving your letter of intent/thank you letter?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
**One student in class of 2022 was accepted one week after class started

I just saw this 😢😢 Lets not lose hope
Omg that is so unbelievably nerve wracking. Especially since the new application opens today I don’t really want to spend thousands of dollars reapplying if I get off the waitlist but then if I don’t, and don’t reapply I’m screwed. It’s honestly really messed up that they put us in these situations
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No... I personally don’t know anyone who has been accepted off the waitlist. my friend and I are both still waitlisted. I contacted the admissions and let them know that LECOM is still my top choice.

I feel like there is little/no waitlist movement so far...
Yeah I agree I also feel like there hasn’t been any waitlist movement either which is weird because no one knows if the class is full or not. I know they did release the waitlist late this year in comparison to previous years so idk if that has something to do with it? But I just want to know if the class is full and when to expect possible waitlist movement
 
Does anyone have any anecdotal info on how big/small the alternate list is and when/how many people have been taken off it in the past? I know someone from the past few yrs at LECOM posted somewhere on SDN that a significant portion of their class was accepted as an alternate, but has anyone else heard anything similar happen recently
 
Does anyone have any anecdotal info on how big/small the alternate list is and when/how many people have been taken off it in the past? I know someone from the past few yrs at LECOM posted somewhere on SDN that a significant portion of their class was accepted as an alternate, but has anyone else heard anything similar happen recently
No one on here knows how big or small the alternate list is, let alone when or how many people will receive a seat.

If you're still on the list, then there's a good chance that the class is NOT full. If the class was full, you would've been denied already.

With ~2 months left until the first day of school, if you're still on the alternate list, you should strongly consider reapplying. Better to have the next round of applications in early than scramble to submit late.
 
No one on here knows how big or small the alternate list is, let alone when or how many people will receive a seat.

If you're still on the list, then there's a good chance that the class is NOT full. If the class was full, you would've been denied already.

With ~2 months left until the first day of school, if you're still on the alternate list, you should strongly consider reapplying. Better to have the next round of applications in early than scramble to submit late.
It’s just weird because to my knowledge they still haven’t pulled anyone from the waitlist. Why make it if very few will be accepted off?
 
I know of one person that was accepted off the waitlist 2 weeks ago. They interviewed mid February and have a 3.5 cGPA, 3.4 sGPA, 24 AA and 22 PAT. So I guess waitlist movement did start but this person does not know anyone else that’s been accepted off the waitlist
 
Hey guys! Does anyone know how strict LECOM is with their computer requirements? My laptop is 12 inches but on the paper in the matriculation packet it says we need a 13 inch one. My resolution meets the requirements so I’m not sure if it would slide. Thank you!!
 
Hey guys! Does anyone know how strict LECOM is with their computer requirements? My laptop is 12 inches but on the paper in the matriculation packet it says we need a 13 inch one. My resolution meets the requirements so I’m not sure if it would slide. Thank you!!
The policy isn't really enforced. The hardware is more important since the exam software does require those specs for ram and processor.
 
Interview #1
School
: LECOM
Notification date: 8/17/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16/2020
Application complete date: 7/30/20 (took my DAT 7/19)
GPA (science, overall): 3.5/3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/18/18/30/Biology-16-ouch 🙁
Interview date: 10/22/20
Method of interview: Online
Can I please DM you? Looking to apply to LECOM this cycle with a lower DAT
 
has anyone gotten off the waitlist recently?
Nope. I don’t understand what’s going on. In previous years there’s been a decent amount of waitlist movement and this year I only know of one person that’s been accepted off the waitlist. Why even make the waitlist if most people won’t be accepted off?
 
and they don't even send out rejections 🤣
YEP. Like what am I supposed to do just wait around until July to see if I get in? I’ve been putting so much on hold clinging on to the fact that I still have a chance to be accepted but at this point I feel like it’s false hope and I should just accept the fact that I have to reapply 🤬
 
Do you think if it’s a big difference if I submit my application in July instead of June? I want to reapply early but still want to wait for the final decisions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think if it’s a big difference if I submit my application in July instead of June? I want to reapply early but still want to wait for the final decisions.
If you look on the AADSAS website at their refund policy, it states that reapplicants accepted after June 1st from the previous cycle can request a refund within two weeks of their acceptance. If you can get a refund once accepted, I don’t see why you would wait and make your app later if it’s ready to submit for this cycle.
 
anyone heard back recently or know how full the class is? Someone on facebook (group of lecom student) just posted that he was accepted yesterday.