LECOM Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

"The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days."
I just checked AADSAS and it's a confirmed rejection
I’m sorry :( did you interview? And can I ask your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if LECOM is going back to in person classes this fall?
The hope is that we will be back in class in the fall. Of course I can’t say for sure yet, but that’s just what’s been told to us so far.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Uh I guess it aint looking too promising in terms of getting an acceptance. I'm not on any waitlist, but I interviewed mid Feb, and havent heard a thing since then. I've had 3 other acceptances this cycle to top schools, but really wanted LECOM. I hope I dont get cut May 8 :(

What bio? I don’t see stats anywhere on that post other than he was rejected. No need to be rude, just asking a question.
I wasnt trying to be rude at all lol, here lemme show you what I c haha

What are your stats?
Uh I guess it aint looking too promising in terms of getting an acceptance. I'm not on any waitlist, but I interviewed mid Feb, and havent heard a thing since then. I've had 3 other acceptances this cycle to top schools, but really wanted LECOM. I hope I dont get cut May 8 :(

What happens on May 8th?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got put on the alternate list today.

"We are pleased to offer you the position of Alternate to our LECOM School of Dental Medicine Class of 2025."

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who was accepted did your portal change to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." and then you received your acceptance? If so, how long after?

For anyone who was accepted did your portal change to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." and then you received your acceptance? If so, how long after?
My portal says the same. I wonder if it's a rejection :confused:

if the status on AADSAS doesn't say "Application Denied" then it's likely not a rejection
yes but it takes longer for AADSAS to update right? Idk I received the same 30 day thing last year and my AADSAS just said none the entire time. but thank you for the hope lol

Mine just changed on AADSAS to denied.

• Care
If you don’t receive an acceptance email it’s a rejection

Congrats! Can I ask your stats?
ofc! DAT 22AA/22TS, 3.3ish GPA (lmao) & science was around the same, I did show an upward trend in my GPA as the semesters went on so I think that was taken into account. but for anyone nervous ab their GPA just do super well on your DAT and the right schools will give u a shot!

Reactions: 3 users
ofc! DAT 22AA/22TS, 3.3ish GPA (lmao) & science was around the same, I did show an upward trend in my GPA as the semesters went on so I think that was taken into account. but for anyone nervous ab their GPA just do super well on your DAT and the right schools will give u a shot!
congrats ygg! theyll be lucky to have you :)

Would you mind listing your stats? :)
Interview #2
School: LECOM
Notification Date: 1/27
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: Texas
TMDSAS mail-out date: June 30
Application complete date: July 5
GPA (science, overall): 3.33, 3.53
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/22/23/None
Dates available OR your interview date: February 24, 2021
Method of interview: Virtual

Edit: They called on 1/28 to move my interview up from 3/25 to 2/4

If you don’t receive an acceptance email it’s a rejection
Not necessarily. AADSAS decision status says "Wait Listed" and LECOM portal says they'll send something in the mail within 30 days.

I was waitlisted and my LECOM portal said this. I checked my email and received an alternate email. So, Im not sure when it says that if it means either accepted or waitlisted. It could also mean rejected? I would say check your email!
I checked my LECOM portal and it said that and right after checked my email and I had received an email! Not sure if I will receive an official letter or not.

Is anyone who received the“Admissions committee has made a decision..” still have there AADSAS status as “none” right now?

Not necessarily. AADSAS decision status says "Wait Listed" and LECOM portal says they'll send something in the mail within 30 days.
No if you were waitlisted you’d receive a waitlist email. If you were accepted you’d also receive an acceptance email. If your LECOM portal status changes to “The admissions committee made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days” and neither email was received, it’s a rejection.

I still have "none" on my aadsas even though on lecom it still says "a decision has been made". i rather have them just reject straight up email than wait 30 days rejection letter in the mail.

I still have "none" on my aadsas even though on lecom it still says "a decision has been made". i rather have them just reject straight up email than wait 30 days rejection letter in the mail.
same. so ironic I got accepted to top schools, but cant get LECOM lol

• Care
same. so ironic I got accepted to top schools, but cant get LECOM lol
just wondering, if you got accepted to "top schools" why you are so interested in getting into a school which is not in your "top school" list?

just wondering, if you got accepted to "top schools" why you are so interested in getting into a school which is not in your "top school" list?
My number 1 was lecom for reasons beyond rank! In terms of "top school" I was referring to the rank of the other schools I was accepted to.

My number 1 was lecom for reasons beyond rank! In terms of "top school" I was referring to the rank of the other schools I was accepted to.
There is not even single official ranking for dental schools in US that I am aware of ! Dental schools are never ranked.

Reactions: 2 users
Google? LECOM is known for being a school students apply to as a gimme, in hopes of getting better offers.
lol. since when google or SDN is becoming a school ranking system?? That might the opinion of some people like you on SDN, but go and check the stats for the people who got accepted to this program compared to others and you will find out that the avg stats of people who accepted this school got better and better over the past few years and so close to every other school you probably got accepted to! just so you know, last year they received 3300 applications, and accepted 105 out of it with average GPA of 3.6. and Avg DAT of 20. Gimme your top school is your "top school" list so I do a comparison for you with their average accepted stats.

Because Gainesville is the trashcan of the sunshine state

Edit: you may laugh, but it is widely acknowledged
Actually I went to FSU for undergrad, so I should be the most biased against UF, but I have to say Gainesville is actually really nice. My siblings both went there for undergrad. UF is also one of the best dental schools in the country. Not sure where you are getting your info..

• Dislike
Google? LECOM is known for being a school students apply to as a gimme, in hopes of getting better offers.
oh. btw, click on the second or third link in your google search to see how the ranking change from one to another! none of these are official and based on facts. just saying... do your research. there are lot of positives and negatives about each program.

• Haha
oh. btw, click on the second or third link in your google search to see how the ranking change from one to another! none of these are official and based on facts. just saying... do your research. there are lot of positives and negatives about each program.
I wasnt saying google in general, but clearly dental schools have stats to say "we are ranked #10 nationally/worldwide/etc." Compare LECOM with UBuffalo for example. Ranking goes beyond the average stat of an applicant, it has to do with research experience/clinical hours/curriculum as a whole, how bout we stop flooding the sdn page with this lol.