LECOM Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Started by Stanelz
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Uh I guess it aint looking too promising in terms of getting an acceptance. I'm not on any waitlist, but I interviewed mid Feb, and havent heard a thing since then. I've had 3 other acceptances this cycle to top schools, but really wanted LECOM. I hope I dont get cut May 8 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are your stats?
Uh I guess it aint looking too promising in terms of getting an acceptance. I'm not on any waitlist, but I interviewed mid Feb, and havent heard a thing since then. I've had 3 other acceptances this cycle to top schools, but really wanted LECOM. I hope I dont get cut May 8 🙁
 
Uh I guess it aint looking too promising in terms of getting an acceptance. I'm not on any waitlist, but I interviewed mid Feb, and havent heard a thing since then. I've had 3 other acceptances this cycle to top schools, but really wanted LECOM. I hope I dont get cut May 8 🙁
What happens on May 8th?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone who was accepted did your portal change to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." and then you received your acceptance? If so, how long after?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone who was accepted did your portal change to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." and then you received your acceptance? If so, how long after?
My portal says the same. I wonder if it's a rejection 😕
 
For anyone who was accepted did your portal change to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." and then you received your acceptance? If so, how long after?
If you don’t receive an acceptance email it’s a rejection
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ofc! DAT 22AA/22TS, 3.3ish GPA (lmao) & science was around the same, I did show an upward trend in my GPA as the semesters went on so I think that was taken into account. but for anyone nervous ab their GPA just do super well on your DAT and the right schools will give u a shot!
congrats ygg! theyll be lucky to have you 🙂
 
Would you mind listing your stats? 🙂
Interview #2
School: LECOM
Notification Date: 1/27
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: Texas
TMDSAS mail-out date: June 30
Application complete date: July 5
GPA (science, overall): 3.33, 3.53
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/22/23/None
Dates available OR your interview date: February 24, 2021
Method of interview: Virtual

Edit: They called on 1/28 to move my interview up from 3/25 to 2/4
 
For anyone who was accepted did your portal change to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." and then you received your acceptance? If so, how long after?
I was waitlisted and my LECOM portal said this. I checked my email and received an alternate email. So, Im not sure when it says that if it means either accepted or waitlisted. It could also mean rejected? I would say check your email!
I checked my LECOM portal and it said that and right after checked my email and I had received an email! Not sure if I will receive an official letter or not.
 
Not necessarily. AADSAS decision status says "Wait Listed" and LECOM portal says they'll send something in the mail within 30 days.
No if you were waitlisted you’d receive a waitlist email. If you were accepted you’d also receive an acceptance email. If your LECOM portal status changes to “The admissions committee made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days” and neither email was received, it’s a rejection.
 
I still have "none" on my aadsas even though on lecom it still says "a decision has been made". i rather have them just reject straight up email than wait 30 days rejection letter in the mail.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Google? LECOM is known for being a school students apply to as a gimme, in hopes of getting better offers.
lol. since when google or SDN is becoming a school ranking system?? That might the opinion of some people like you on SDN, but go and check the stats for the people who got accepted to this program compared to others and you will find out that the avg stats of people who accepted this school got better and better over the past few years and so close to every other school you probably got accepted to! just so you know, last year they received 3300 applications, and accepted 105 out of it with average GPA of 3.6. and Avg DAT of 20. Gimme your top school is your "top school" list so I do a comparison for you with their average accepted stats.
 
Because Gainesville is the trashcan of the sunshine state

Edit: you may laugh, but it is widely acknowledged
Actually I went to FSU for undergrad, so I should be the most biased against UF, but I have to say Gainesville is actually really nice. My siblings both went there for undergrad. UF is also one of the best dental schools in the country. Not sure where you are getting your info..
 
Google? LECOM is known for being a school students apply to as a gimme, in hopes of getting better offers.
oh. btw, click on the second or third link in your google search to see how the ranking change from one to another! none of these are official and based on facts. just saying... do your research. there are lot of positives and negatives about each program.
 
oh. btw, click on the second or third link in your google search to see how the ranking change from one to another! none of these are official and based on facts. just saying... do your research. there are lot of positives and negatives about each program.
I wasnt saying google in general, but clearly dental schools have stats to say "we are ranked #10 nationally/worldwide/etc." Compare LECOM with UBuffalo for example. Ranking goes beyond the average stat of an applicant, it has to do with research experience/clinical hours/curriculum as a whole, how bout we stop flooding the sdn page with this lol.
 
I wasnt saying google in general, but clearly dental schools have stats to say "we are ranked #10 nationally/worldwide/etc." Compare LECOM with UBuffalo for example. Ranking goes beyond the average stat of an applicant, it has to do with research experience/clinical hours/curriculum as a whole, how bout we stop flooding the sdn page with this lol.
I am all in about stopping this. but clinical hours of LECOM is one of the top 5 in the nation! I know people in both of the schools you mentioned and I know that LECOM folks have much larger patient pool than UB. In terms of research, I am not interested in research so I dont really care. But I do really care about clinical and I know LECOM is one of the best... I hope you get accepted to LECOM very soon and we meet in the beautiful sunshine state 😎